1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play Offs 98- Michael Gray's story

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

2. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

very enjoyable

bit weird reading it and recalling that it was (apart from wedding and birth of my son) the best day of my life - then reading that it was the worst day of his

3. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

This is a very good read - he was a tremendous player throughout his career and to have that career defined by one penalty miss must be deeply frustrating.

One of my work colleagues in the North-East knows him well and says he's a thoroughly decent bloke.

4. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

Better penalty than Baileys....

5. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Thats debateable ..though it was ontarget I suppose

6. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Nice work Super...

Barring the births of my boys that playoff final was the best day of my life. Those who were there that day could live to a hundred and never see another game of football half as good as that.

One of my best pals is a Mackem and ever since that day I've always had a soft spot for Sunderland. The way their fans and players conducted themselves in defeat was Imo truly admirable...

Lets not forget... That was without doubt a truly epic football match to emerge victorious from, but in equal measure it must have been earth shattering to go away from it as the looser.

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/feb/13/newsstory.sport6

Was just doing some research at work and came across this interview with Curbs from '05. Again, think it's worth a read. Very funny when acknowledging he would do 15 minute press conference with Sky for them to only show 30 seconds. Similar thoughts re MOTD.

8. Tewkesbury Addick

Very entertaining, thanks SC.

I know what he means about Jennifer Aniston movies - the only one I can remember is the one with the dog...

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Him not managing for the past few years might be summed up by the comments here, as it rings through to the very end that he has missed not seeing his family whilst being a full time manager.

10. Tewkesbury Addick

Pretty much echoes the comments made by Edwin van der Sar as well, SC - he said (and I paraphrase here) that if he didn't retire now, he'd miss seeing his kids grow up altogether.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Really hits home how much they have to do- love the stories of Lille/Lyon on a Wednesday with Jeff Vetre, getting home at 2:30am then to work at 8:30am. Shows how much he did for our club. Would be interesting to know if JV is taking Chrissy to some places abroad to check out talent.