1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

plastic fans

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by El-Barninho, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

You are the one insulting, arnt ya? :emoticon-0112-wonde

2. El-Barninho

El-Barninho Member

Febbos, you miss the point. This isn't about affording or being able to get. THis is about being embarassed to wear your clubs shirt. The post above regarding Leeds proves my point.
    Oh, and why the comment on city knickers? That's making an assumption on my gender. Wearing city pickers may be more acceptable than you realise.

3. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

It's not about being embarrased about wearing your clubs shirt. It's about not approving to what the club is connected with (Cash Converters). You wear your teams shirt with pride, but that honor/honour is stained with Cash Converters.....

And no women/girl would pick the name "El-Barninho" ;)

Note: My English aint that good right now (can't think straight for some reason.....)

4. El-Barninho

El-Barninho Member

Please read my post above regarding immoral sponsors. And I don't believe I have insulted anyone.
    Ps your English is very good.
    And what is wrong with my name?

5. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

The post about Totesport/gambling, etc?

The whole thing is very objective. I don't see anything wrong with gambling in limited proportions, but there's hard to find anything positive with Cash Converters. The place where someone who's having an economic crisis "visits". Nobody wants to be associated with that.

And gambling companies are so widespread over the whole football world. Many big teams has them, so most of us are not associating them with anything directly negative (especially if you're not a gambler yourself.) Whiles everybody associates Cash Converters companies with something bad.....

I feel that I'm starting to run in circles now, but I hope you get my point.

Nothing wrong with your name.......

6. tiger_totty

tiger_totty Member

I couldnt care less what the sponsor is on the shirts, as long as they are putting money into the club!
    As for getting a shirt this season, im not too fussed about the home shirt, as its very much like last seasons(apart from the sponsor and a small change) Im waiting to see what the away shirt is like, then if i like it i will buy it!
    I go home and away and have done for quite a few years to cheer the lads on, and i always wear one of my many city shirts i have, Does this still mean im a plastic fan???? Oh yes it must do as i may not be buying a shirt this season!

7. Nisbet

Nisbet Member

I can sort of see where he's coming from in terms of not buying just because of the sponsor, but then as others have said it's their money they can spend how they like. I think calling them plastic fans is stupid and you did nothing to help your argument other than to get peoples backs up. Also why are you going on about wonga.com and banks it's irrelevant, cash converters is awful I wouldn't use one going on your argument, because there full of smackheads and have no use for one, but I did use a totesport on match days for a bet.

I personally haven't bought a shirt since we swapped to Adidas because I think there crap, poor quality and boring designs (which is a shame as I was excited about the change to Adidas.). Although I got a couple of training tops which look decent.

8. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah! I award you the super plastic fan award!

please log in to view this image

Congrats!

9. El-Barninho

El-Barninho Member

To febbos. Thank you for your well worded reply. The best on here tonight. I too feel like I have been going round in circles.
    In these eBay days, the whole notion of selling your old things in a second hand shop is perhaps alien to a lot of people. And cash converters still have the old pawn shop image. But has anyone actually been in one recently?
    But let's be honest, being embarrassed by the sponsor isn't reason to not buy the shirt. There are plenty of valid reasons, many have been put down on here. But my personal opinion is that the sponsors logo isn't one of them.

10. tiger_totty

tiger_totty Member

YAY YAY YAY At last ive won something!! Does this hold as much cudos as a blue peter badge???

11. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

Nooooooooooooo idea what the hell that is, but is sure as hell does!

12. Nisbet

Nisbet Member

You got them for doing things or writing in for a kids T.V. show called Blue Peter on the BBC.

13. N

N Active Member

Blue Peter is a legendary show here in the UK. You get a badge for appearing on it, the badge grants you free entrance into museums and other boring attractions that you wouldn't want to pay to get into anyway.

Don't know why I felt the need to explain that, probably because it's 1AM and i'm half-cut.

14. Owl

Owl Member

I don't see what you're trying to say here. Cash Converters is a pawn shop.

15. Owl

Owl Member

16. tiger_totty

tiger_totty Member

There ya go Febbos my signature now says i have the award :D

17. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

The badge sounds legit ;)

18. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

Sweet! Congrats once again :D

19. miff33

miff33 Well-Known Member

If i may chip in with my pennies worth.

I wont be buying the shirt either this year, not just because at £40 i find it expensive, or that the Adidas shirt designs are not very good (Dare i say Lazy), or it has smack heads paradise sponsoring it, no, i wont be buying the shirt cos basically im a fat bastard who looks like a trussed up turkey in one.

20. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

?