1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Phillip Island - MotoGP

Discussion in 'Motorcycling' started by TheSecondStain, Oct 16, 2011.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Well done to Casey Stoner - first and last World Champion of the 800cc era. Pretty good race too, given that there was a much depleted line up, after major crashes throughout the field in practice and warm-up. Real shame that Lorenzo was unable to make a contest, but we'd all understand about that. I'll post a link to a photograph of Jorge Lorenzo's warm-up crash injury. Purely as a record, you understand, but it is a bit of a shock if you are squeamish. Here's the link: http://ow.ly/i/jgyY/original

Mod - delete if you think it's too nasty to show on a forum. However, as ex-Suzuki GP rider and BBC co-commentator Steve Parrish has often [and accurately observed]... this isn't a knitting competition.

It sure isn't.

2. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

Indeed, well done to Casey. The stars aligned for him absolutely perfectly and it's been an incredible season for him. My thoughts go to Lorenzo and I hope he recovers soon. We'll see an interesting fight between Dovi and Dani for third for the rest of the season.
    As Lorenzo is unfortunately unfit for Sepang, the constructors championship now goes to Honda as well, so great job by them.