1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Phil Hay's rankings

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

The weaker teams are worse this year. Millwall not being bottom proves it...
    #****stirrer

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

:angel:

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Seems we pass the ball around like Fulham & Reading did last aeason but actually have end product too, which in my book puts us at least on par with both those clubs last season form. Top 6 minimum

LeedsLover likes this.
  4. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Ayling definitely one of our best players last year. Really like him... think he gets caught out against real pace, no shame in that, but top end champ might be his level.

Don't think we'll see too many changes Tuesday. Anita might be forced (if so, will it be cbj -he seems out of favour-, berardi, dallas?), lasogga possibly out too. Not sure he'll rush cibicki in... might save him for Burnley.

5. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Think Cibicki will come on as sub, can't see Pablo dropped if fit

BJ possibly, depends if TC sees defence more of a priority v Brum. Can't see how Alioski can be left out but tough call - in TC we trust

Marcos Barber and Whitejock like this.
  6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I like Ayling too. He's a top bloke if you speak to him. But .... apart from the pace issue you mention, he still has the same problem he's always had - he's rubbish at cutting out crosses, which for me is a fundamental for a full back. Going forward, you'll struggle to find his match in the Championship. I think you might be right about his level. Never thought about it before, but now that we appear to be in with a chance of going up, perhaps it's time we did think along these lines for all of our players. Pretty sure that Orta etc. are way ahead of us there. Bloody hope so! :D

I agree that it would be foolish to make too many changes on Tuesday. Why would you want to replace anyone in a team that played so brilliantly - and I do not use the term lightly! Replacing Anita may be forced on us, & I'm really not sure who should get the nod. A few weeks ago, I mused on here about Dallas possibly playing LB, รก la Eddie Gray. Can't say I was convinced on Saturday, tbh. Might take a wee while for him to learn the discipline, and because of that, I don't think he'll be starting at LB for quite some time. Is Berardi ready yet? Has BJ been carrying a knock? Only TC knows the big picture, so none of us can really call it.

I'm also not convinced that Cibicki will be playing soon. We have a team that's on song and has momentum, so why should we introduce a newbie that might disrupt that pattern? Yes, Grot & Lasogga have played, but that has been by necessity, given the Wood & Ekuban situation. I think the best he can hope for is a seat on the bench to soak it all in until he gets his first sub opportunity. Canny wait to see him play, tbh. Feeling spoiled for choice this season.

7. 2020VisionofLeeds

True though

davy and Chippy / Glory like this.
  8. 2020VisionofLeeds

Terry Cooper was a left winger WJ until converted to LB

9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Ian Harte too. Seems we have a trend at Leeds! :D

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

11. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

For me Elland i think Ayling should be Captain, always puts a full shift in and very dependable.

12. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Agree with all that WJ

Ian Harte a winger? Now if pace was an issue for him at fullback I wonder how often he hit the byline as a winger?!

Personally I think dallas has the capacity to play that role with a bit of practice... though he may get done for pace a bit too!

13. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I told you didn't I, stick with the LL, he won't steer you wrong.....:emoticon-0105-wink:

With Saiz and Hernandez playing in same team, Saiz has allowed Hernandez room to do the things he does best. Last few games Pablo seems to be playing much better, and is lasting till the end with energy to spare it seems, don't know what anyone else thinks, but Pablo seems rejuvenated since TC started playing'em together.

How long can Pablo keep it up playing 2 games a week, who knows, but while he's playing like he is at moment we'll certainly benefit from his experience and skills. Berardi is the beast, but Pablo is the nutmegger.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Irishshako likes this.
  14. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Agreed Milky, Ayling plays a good game at RB, but like you said, he does get caught out occasionally against pacey wingers......:emoticon-0148-yes: