1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PFA Awards 2013

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Moorpheus19, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

According to Twitter, Vertonghen and Bale made the team of the year :D

PFA Team of the Year: De Gea; Zabaleta, Ferdinand, Vertonghen, Baines; Mata, Carrick; Hazard, Suarez, Bale; Van Persie

And...

Bale has won PFA player of the year and young player of the year!

:smiley-finger007:<party>

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Well deserved, IMO.

3. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

I have to say - possibly De Gea aside, that's an awesome team of the year.

(Although, on De Gea, I don't know who I'd put in ahead of him so maybe it's justified - if I had to swap him, it'd be for Cech probably).

4. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Can't argue with the result if it is confirmed that Bale has won the player of the year.

Been top-class this season!

Not sure about him winning the young player of the year award as well... He's 23! Surely it should be for Under 21's?

5. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

You could argue a good case for Ya Ya Toure to be in there, too...

6. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Well done GB,well done,it's fully deserved. No doubt there'll be dissenters.

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd question a few of them, but it's closer to what I'd pick than normal.
    I thought that Bale would miss out on either award because he was up for both, as people would vote for him in one but not the other, so I'm a little surprised that he's won it.
    Well done to him, though. The Scouse will be appalled. <laugh>

8. BajanSpur

BajanSpur Well-Known Member

<applause>

Well played., a few more of these Gareth, and no-one will be able to afford you. :emoticon-0148-yes:

9. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I think RVP's slightly edged him as he's seemingly returned to form now but well done Bale, Suarez would've been close in there too and either of the 3 would've deserved it, biting aside.

Well done Bale though, you can't score that many brilliant goals and go unnoticed, a well deserved double.

10. Excellent news! That'll put all the Chav, Gooner, and Mouser wums in their places!

Also, it should ensure that the inevitable £100 million price-tag that now attaches firmly to any possible sale-negotiation with see the likes of Real Madrid and £ity take a hike.

Not that it's going to stop the bitter hack journos of the gutter-press from writing their usual bollocks, I'm sure!

11. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down: Richly deserved, as good as RVP and Suarez have been. Bale's got 19 goals and 7 assists as a mostly-midfielder, and has had more spectacular (and long-range) goals than anyone in Europe. Also, he's not a psycho freak racist vampire or a turncoat. He comes as close to being a perfectly well behaved young man as any zillionaire athlete nowadays.

As to his getting young player of the year, well, that's just rubbing their noses in it, and I applaud the sentiment.

Hopefully this will put those 28 million and a bag of chips rumors to be bed. From here on out, it'll be 100 million and a bag of chips!

Jan's accomplishment is at least as richly deserved. I saw a stat index that put him on the all-Europe team, based on his interceptions, particularly. To then watch him score and assist like a striker (well, like another team's striker) makes his play even more outstanding. I mean this more as support than criticism, but the only real weaknesses he has are a lack of great pace and a tendency to get run down after two games a week for a week and a half. He's superb otherwise.

As to the team: Cazorla over Hazard, definitely. Good as Hazard has been, Cazorla in my book is even better than Mata at CM (he has less help, for one thing). Though to give those who picked the team credit, it looks like they actually tried to pick one with one player in every position, (which I give them credit for), so it would be a choice between Cazorla and Mata, which is a tough one.

Also, De Gea, no. I could keep goal for Man U and do okay. I'm not impressed by him at all, though I can't say I've watched him enough to make my opinion very valuable. I wouldn't trade Lloris for anyone.

12. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All choices bar Ferdinand are justified. Nastatic should have been in. How on earth can City have conceded the fewest goals and potentially win the FA Cup having conceded just 1 and get zero recognition for either CB?

13. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Well done GB. Fully deserved.

Can't disagree with the team too much. - maybe not sure about de gea and I don't think hazard has been amazing. Other than that, it's about right id say.

14. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

It's not a question of "justification"; the players vote for the awards/team themselves. They should know who the best players have been.

15. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Brilliant <doh>. Defeated your own argument pal.

16. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

I would add that although the best midfielders and forwards are in that team, it wouldn't work as a team, would it?

You'd need more than Carrick as a defensive/deep lying midfielder. Swap Hazard for Toure or Arteta or Ramires or even Fellaini.

17. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Don't be daft, he's entitled to a view, even if it is caveated by saying he hasn't seen tonnes of De Gea. Most people express views that they know only a little about, without the caveat. My view of De Gea is brilliant shot stopper but gaffe prone, but that again is based on MOTD. Doesn't mean I can't express a view.

18. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Of course its a view and opinion, but one which he undermined by himself.

19. Surprised by the inclusion of Ferdinand, who at times this season seemed to be showing his age. Less surprised by De Gea, who, while taking a time to settle in has become pretty consistent lately.

Congrats to GB who definitely deserved the POTY - the Young Player as well was probably a bit OTT - and to Verts for his place in the TOTY. <cheers>

20. THFC6061

THFC6061 Well-Known Member