1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Peterborough United v Sunderland - Monday 22nd April - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Apr 20, 2019.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Apr 22, 2019.
  1. Home win

8.3%
  2. Away win

75.0%
  3. Draw

16.7%
  1. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. Our league position has flattered us. We haven't kicked arse as often as the other teams and all of those draws could have just as likely turned into defeats. We are lucky to be still in with a shout of the autos.

EDIT: And this isn't a dig at our team. It's a dig at how well the others up top have been.

cumbrianmackem likes this.
  2. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

**** off.

(Felt left out with everyone else doing it)

LAMackem likes this.
  3. E.T. Fairfax

If we held on to 1-0 he'd be predicting European football for us within 2 years.

jdsafc likes this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Disappointing result obviously but more often than not football has an unexpected last minute twist or two and we're not out of automatic promotion yet.

Barnsley lose or draw one game and we beat Portsmouth and it's back in our hands. That's assuming the BBC league table is accurate I know they don't like to rush to update it.

GaryClark likes this.
  5. E.T. Fairfax

Not sure I want us to go up anyway cos it'll just have us going back to being whopped every week.

rooch 3 likes this.
  6. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Its not (purely) our defensive record to blame. Its still 3rd best in the league (though we have 4th best GD)

Any other season and we'd be in the top 2. Credit to a strong 3 teams above us where its due. Especially Luton, who will get back to back promotion, who would of expected that at the beginning of the season?

7. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

clockstander likes this.
  8. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

****ing hell. It is 5 on 4 for us during their attack, but every defender moves to the ball, freeing up the Posh forward to strike. Pathetic really

10. Squint Eye

Squint Eye Active Member

If that is what he really thinks for once I sympathise with his outlook. I mean you should be beating every team in your league considering what you spent.

11. E.T. Fairfax

We spent a bit of money at the beginning of the season cos we barely had enough players for a squad. We merely put a decent league one squad together. The money we spent on Grigg was alot and was a sign of desperation, particularly as he was injured. It seemed worth the risk at the time but he's basically been injured ever since. It's outrageous to have only lost 3 times and not to be in the top 2. Well done to them cos we have done near to what was hoped for/expected. Not our fault that some teams have been better.

cumbrianmackem, Hettonista and Dorset like this.
  12. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

Just looked at Barnsleys fixtures they play Blackpool at home then Bristol Rovers away. I may be clutching at straws but Blackpool are a funny side and Bristol Rovers may still need points to stay up. All we can do is win 3 games and hope. As has been said the teams above us have been quality but we have dropped points at home against some absolute dross. Accrington Wycombe Oxford Fleetwood to name a few. Win 2 of those and we would have been home and dry.

I'm it gonna complain about some of the last minute equalisers we have conceded as we've score a fair few late goals ourselves and have gained over 30 Points from losing positions so I don't think you can blame a lack of heart. Simple thing is a lack of quality in front of goal has cost us as we ain't been able to put a game to bed. Could also be down to negative tactics when we go a goal up but I've no idea what Jack Ross says to the lads in those positions so I ain't gonna try and judge.

All in all I've enjoyed this season and in all honesty won't be too upset if it us another season in league one. It may be the best thing for us anyway as i think as we are now rhe championship would gobble us up and spit us out of its arse end back where we are.

13. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Have to say that is really poor from Dunne. Beaten in the air, then gets drawn to the ball (with three other defenders already going to it) leaving his man wide open. Then casually jogs back and doesn't even make an attempt at a block. Could easily have gotten in the way of the shot if he had any urgency about him at all. Shocking.

14. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

If you saying we have an okay side not a great one I agree.

If we did get in the chumpanship we would recruit several new players

However it looks as if it is the play offs for us and we all know how good we are with them

15. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

jambo ****er

16. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

Not sure what I was trying to say to be honest was more just rambling a few thoughts out loud after allowing the emotions of the game to settle.

17. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Its a time to be calm, we outplayed and got a point from a decent team challenging for the play-offs away from home.
    KTF , its going to the wire.

LAMackem and clockstander like this.
  18. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Just watched it again, and have to agree, awful defending, the pairing of Dunnurk is worse than Flanwin, its our achilles heal and has been all season imo. Even if we have another season in League 1 we need this position improved for next season.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  19. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Once again I say... **** off

20. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I wish! He’s just a ****ing tit!! Has absolutely no idea how to be positive (when there is a lot to be positive about!!)

RTB likes this.