1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Peter Crouch

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, Dec 5, 2011.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

2. brb

brb Guest

I've made this thread a sticky, I know there is already a Stoke thread but I think it is only right, that Mr Crouch knows there will be a welcoming reception for him <laugh>

3. harryheadbutt

harryheadbutt Member

He probably wont even be in the squad

4. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

Shame really, as I'd like to get my teeth into him (figuratively) but they have an abundance of decent attacking players and it's unlikely he will feature.

5. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

There is little point in trying to stoke up a feud with Crouchie. I can remember that game (Boxing Day 2001?) when he was just a youngster ytring to make his way in the game and he was cruelly baited by the Gills crowd most of whom were well pissed. He had done nothing to deserve it, he took all the stick without complaint and answered everyone by going and scoring 22 goals for England. To put it into perspective Gills no 9 (Marlon King) got put inside shortly afterwards and instead of sacking him Gills paid him, had him back and enabled him to pursue a career in the Premiersip and beating up women. Crouch was a class act in comparison and Gills fans can hardly grumble about what he said years later.
    I hope he plays and it would be good for Gills fans to apologise.

6. brb

brb Guest

Bristol - disagree in favour of my present day theory, we can never compete with the finances of Premiership sides. Therefore as the lower league team we have to rely on our other strengths. Oxford United this season found out what one of those strengths were, when Priestfield Rocked and became a more imtimidating atmosphere.

Therefore Crouch should be afraid very afraid <ok>

7. Born Again Gill

Im sure he will rise above it all !!

8. brb

brb Guest

<doh><laugh>

please log in to view this image

9. Born Again Gill

<laugh>Makes a change from Pikeys I suppose

10. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Could we get banjo music played throughout the game - I understand Crouch is familiar with the instrument being played in the film Deliverance (still a good film)

11. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think we should show him it's all water under the bridge, why not play the theme tune from deliverance as the teams run out.<grr><grr>

12. potterpalm

potterpalm Member

I cant really imagine that your ground would become intimidating to Crouch !!
    Played everywhere in front of big crowds and in the most fearsome of atmospheres .. so im a little surprised that such waffle is comin from you guys ..
    How many does it hold ? 8 ? 10000 ?
    Do me a favour lol
    But i reckon that he wouldnt be on anyway with the like of Kenwyne Jones .. Ricardo Fullar ...Cameron Jerome ... not hardly gettin a game at all !!
    I will be surprised if u boys will see the big fella at all unless silly things start to happen ....... gl anyway fellas ....