1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

People in this part of the World!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by SBFF, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

It was time for DJ to go, not because he let down the club, but simply because he had two or three good attempts and came up short...time to try someone else.

2. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

DD, yep I also felt the QPR game was the day we lost the chance of kicking on. If we'd won that I think the Boro game may have been a very different affair. Not going to worry too much about you not agreeing with me, after all this is a site to discuss our own views. Four top draw goal ins the QPR game but the midfield and defence did go missing for Taarbats second. The capitulation against Reading was so difficult to watch but hey-ho we move on and I am looking forward to new signings and perhaps the odd gem coming through the youth set up.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dave had his own way of doing things both on and off the pitch. What he achieved through extremely difficult financial times should not be forgotton, but all too often and particularly last season, those "own ways" of his ultimately brought us up short.

His reliance on older players from his former clubs at the expense of putting faith in our considerable home bred talent was a mistake. His old ties with the likes of Kennedy and Naylor at the back, together with some baffling substitutions cost us points on the board that would have made all the difference.

It's history now but Ramsey in the starting 11 could have won us that Cup Final, and the Matthews situation could have been handled much better. A pat on the back is worth a thousand kicks up the arse.

I shudder to think if the obvious talent of our young Ibrahim Farah would ever have been given the opportunity to show his ability - he would more likely have been sidelined in favour of some 30+ year old ex-player of Dave's.

Dave had a go his way and it didn't quite come off. The margins are very small though, and perhaps a better decision here and there would have seen us up there with (or instead of) the Jacks.

Whatever, this board is all about a matter of opinion on all things Cardiff City, and long may it continue.

4. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Totally agree sparkey.
    DJ got the best out of players when he put the effort in, Bothroyd being an example, although ultimately this failed at critical times.
    But if a player was out of favour then it was the end of him at Cardiff, regardless of what that player had to offer on the pitch.
    The youngsters seemed to suffer the most at his hands, perhaps they were easier to be dismissive to.
    The crazy thing is he was a manager good enough to do the job, he showed he knew what to do to get the players motivated when his job was on the line, ask Leeds.
    If he had done that in a few more crucial games we would be on the premier board now, but he didn't and it cost us.
    Great manager up to a point, but too many bites and no result shows a lacking which was solely down to himself.