1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PENNOCK HAS GONE

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 9, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

on record as saying he is no quitter !....................... what did you expect to read ?

............ it's intended to wind-up gioblues and brb ( I know I'll get one of them ) - apologies to anyone hoping to hear of sackings - just be patient - you probably won't need to include it on your Christmas wish list.

2. brb

brb CR250

Ok you got me, i was half expecting to be reading he's gone.

Think i might have to regurgitate the days of my Stimmo threads.

Anyone else remember the 'Stimmo is God' days <laugh>

3. alwaysright

No ! - were they before our last league win ? .............................. I actually had to stop for a few moments to remember ! It's getting to the point where if it became a quiz question, you wouldn't be able to answer it ( or very quickly ). You probably wouldn't be able to ask a friend - because with our falling attendances, none of my friends will have been at our last league win.

WINDYROG likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

Then let me help you out...

I wrote 'Stimmo is God' nine years ago on the 13th September 2008.

That was the date Gills took a 7-0 hammering at the hands of Shrewsbury.

Some irony in the date compared with today and what was later achieved.

If supporters had their way nine years ago we may never have made Wembley.

5. alwaysright

0-7
    I was there.......... we actually played very well for the first 20 minutes - ( where have you heard that before this season ) - their keeper pulled off two great saves to prevent us taking a not unflattering 2-0 lead ------------ then 4 goals conceded before half time !
    I have been very patient with AP -- I have waited until this season to have any criticism of him. I don't think we have bad players - but I do think that we have a manager who doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of them. Some tactics leave a little to be desired, and I also suspect that some players need not have gone - - if they had been handled better. I think we have thrown our toys out of the pram - and now left sucking our thumb.

6. brb

brb CR250

I hate saying managers should be sacked, BUT...if we followed Scally's same logic on Mad-Dog then AP should be well gone. And that's the thing consistency, we seem to lack it off the pitch as much as on it.

I think I'm getting to the stage now where we have to look beyond the manager, constantly the chairman is making bad choices, not just in the managerial arena but many other areas too. And what is even more worrying is we never seem to take them lessons away with us, I can excuse naivety but well, I best stop there...

7. alwaysright

brb
    we have both followed Gills for a very long time. We are qualified to make some observations - and you should not be afraid to say how you feel - you and I are paying dearly for the rubbish that we're getting ( not necessarily just on the pitch. )

I have said, a few times, that I am grateful that Mr.Scally was astute enough to convince creditors to take a huge hit - otherwise the Club was going to die in the 90s. I have yet to see any of his money being put into the Club. Mr. Scally is taking a handsome amount each year, and has done so for over two decades. He has lived a lavish lifestyle in a tax haven - at my, ( and your ) expense. Still we see no investment - or any hint of it !

I agree with you that our managers are only partly responsible for the mess ( on the pitch ). Scally either can't or won't put his hands in his pocket - to employ better managers and players. If it's a case that he won't, he is treating the fans ( his customers ) with arrogance and contempt - just to line his pockets - that is unacceptable and will very soon destroy Gillingham Football Club. If Mr.Scally can't do anything else when it comes to the finances, I believe that he owes it to the Club, to step down. I'm not suggesting that it will be easy to find an investor - but - with the evidence of apparent poor management ( behind the scenes ), I'm not so sure that we should be wasting money on a Chairman who, like the manager, appears to have reached the limit of his ability - and who is spending more of his time and our money, fighting to clear up the various mistakes and mess caused by his inadequacies / short comings / cheap options etc

gioblues likes this.
  8. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I was expecting more of a wind up piece than him staying. I do remember brb's previous wumming days on the old 606 even though I never posted on there myself. Loved a bit of mischief old brb.

brb likes this.
  9. alwaysright

The problem is that the situation is not a joke. The seriousness of the implication of the nonsenses we are currently involved with cannot be overstated.......nobody who cares about GFC is laughing.

10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Scally should step down if someone is willing and able to invest in the club, but that is a very big IF.
    The club has spent thousands if not millions on trying to locate with not much progress when really could of just finished off priestfield and accepted 12000 capacity.

11. brb

brb CR250

I did say at the beginning of the season mate, with the teams that are currently in the National League, our chairman has a problem in the immediate future facing him, he's had it too easy for too long in regards to any other Kent opposition, the face of Kent football is changing rapidly and unless he pulls his finger out I will be reflecting back on this day in years to come.

However, I don't blame the Chairman about the catering company, that lot were a mess from the off, how many times did i bang on about it, I believe Scally is right to challenge them for compensation.

AP, all he could do was support is manager, if he hadn't i'd have been jumping up and down like a raving nutcase. You cannot let player divide rule, AP had to do what he done, regardless of whether we agree he was right or wrong. We see it too often in football now where players try and rule the roost, AP was only ever going to get my backing on that one.

Yet apart from that, do i believe AP should still be our manager today?...well you know i believe in consistency and measure, so my measure is Mad-Dog, therefore AP's services should be dispensed with immediate affect.

In regards to HR stuff, again my views are clear, our HR for dotting i's and crossing t's is a shambles and in my eyes we don't seem to learn any lessons.

As for what the Chairman takes from the club, would i like to run Gillingham Football Club if i was wealthy, absolutely no way, I couldn't be asked with the stress and it's already taken it's toll on him. I love my club but I would never want to run it, so maybe what he takes is a fair buck all considered.

ps. as for the Stadium, exactly as gioblues says, stay where we are and improve it, I really do not want a great big elephant round our neck.