1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pedro

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Judge Death, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Newcastle United coach Peter Beardsley "is no longer employed by the club", the Premier League side say.

Ex-player Beardsley has been on leave since an investigation into bullying allegations was launched last year.

The 58-year-old, under-23s coach at Newcastle since 2009, had "categorically denied the allegations".

The club added it was "grateful for the contribution Peter has given over the years as a player, coach and ambassador and we wish him well for the future".

Beardsley played more than 300 times for his hometown club during a career that also included spells at Liverpool and Everton.

When the allegations surfaced in January 2018, Beardsley's solicitors issued a denial of what they called "inaccurate media reports which result from unauthorised leaks".

Newcastle's statement on Wednesday makes no reference to the findings or result of its investigation.

2. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Being swept under the rug, can't see how its taken so long for them to come to that conclusion and obviously no real loss considering ohw much better they have performed this year with out him there.

3. Judge Death

Regardless of performance it seems that it hasn't been dealt with particularly professionally (as with most things)........

4. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Dealt with the usual way, a pay off and the usual PC bullshit statement from the club. Handled in the typical Sports Direct way - i.e. make a pay off and hide any dodgy dealings.

Judge Death likes this.
  5. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

A year and 2 months to sort that out, when we all knew he wasn't come back anyway, you do wonder what the club are playing at at times but to be fair it is basically Charnley trying to do these internal investigations, dealing with bogus buyers, filing all the finances and shredding the documents/evidence before the HMRC look much closer, running around tell Ashley who Rafa wants, telling Rafa, Ashley says no, trying and failing miserably to negotiate contracts and bonuses with the manager, staff and players, selling off land associated with the club and still being the tea boy.

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Charnley 'it will all blow over like everything else Mike'.
    Mike 'keep sucking fatso'

LiamO and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  8. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

On the few occasions my family have been in his company, he's shown himself to be a top man. A true gentleman. He even offered free coaching to some of the kids at my wife's school in Consett. In my book the bloke's a hero.

No idea if we'll ever find out any detail about the club's investigation, but I would find it very hard to believe he's a bully.

No idea about his coaching abilities but a great ambassidor and one of the best Toon players in my lifetime.

9. Judge Death

100% this.....

cronemeister likes this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't know what to think really. On one hand the bloke has given me some of my best times watching Newcastle. If someone had asked which one player would you want to go into coaching at NUFC I'd have said Beardo. On a technical level he had few peers, and his behaviour on field was exceptional. I've also been in his company a few times and he was an absolute gent.

However this bullying lark is not good, and my own view is not helped by what I experienced at Ponteland sports centre a few years ago. He launched into a young ref in a rage in a game in which his kid I assume was playing. These were children and the language he used coupled with his demeanour was disgraceful. Its probably wrong to look at that in isolation and make an assumption about his coaching ability, but its also difficult not to from a human perspective. He could have been having a **** week or anything. He had never displayed a temper like that on the field, or actively tried to bully someone that I'd ever seen. For instance if it was Shearer I could have understood it as Shearer was very direct at times with other players, very old school, and if he wasn't happy about something they knew. He did seem at times to almost drift into the realms bullying with Dyer and Jenas to get a tune out of them.

I would say from my own perspective whereas I do think genuine bullying is a problem, some of what is classed as bullying now is a stretch for me. Tough love has gone out of the window.

11. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

ermmm yeah......this thankfully isn't a Barry Bernell type case, and won't destroy his reputation, but there's clearly a reason for him to get fired, and it would obviously be something serious for such a popular and loyal figure to be fired.

He'll always be the best Toon player I've ever seen, and he's a total Newcastle legend, just a shame this happened and he couldn't continue his legacy with the club.

12. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I hope he gets off with whatever he hasn't done.

13. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

I honestly believe he hasn't got a bad bone in his body. Naive maybe, but a malicious racist, no way on earth.

cronemeister and Judge Death like this.
  14. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

We”ll never know is the simple answer. Speculating does no one any favours but if I was to guess...

I think Pardew’s to blame.

<cheers>

15. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought it was just a Geordie trait - I have been bullied incessantly on here since I started - I am Groot and Chippy being the main culprits?

Any #metoo?

Judge Death and jimileysbaldhead like this.
  16. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

At my wife's school, the staff are reduced to making human chains across corridors to stop children with weapons from finding child targets to attack - can't upset the little hockey stick carrying souls...

17. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image