1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paul McKenna

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by Party Hull!, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Now then Forest fans, Hull fan in peace.

How come you guys let Paul McKenna go? He's been excellent for us this season, in fact he seems to get better and better. To pick him up on a free seems like a right bit of business.

Had he gone off the boil with you? McLaren just not fancy him? Seems strange.

Good luck for rest of the season.

2. PissingRed

PissingRed New Member

He was Billy's man. McClaren was an idiot. Also rumours he wanted to move nearer to family in the area.

I'm in HU5 myself and if I seem him around I'll give him a big hug for being the best captain since Pearce.

3. NiiTackieMensah

NiiTackieMensah New Member

He'd probably walk into our team now, but at the end of last season, when we were a good Championship side, he was struggling. His main attribute was his simple distribution, winning the ball and giving it to our more talented players. However, he was beginning to give the ball away too easily and lacked the legs to win it back.

After the failure Greening has been at Forest, I wonder whether it is just a difficult club for that kind of player. Perhaps our fans emphasis on relentless attacking football leaves little place for slower, ball playing midfielders. We've certainly missed a cool head like McKenna's this season.