1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paul Hayes

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

2. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

surprised this wasn't on the football rumours website?

3. Cafc5

Cafc5 Member

should be good :)

4. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

Didn't see that one coming

5. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

<laugh> Nice find Dick.

6. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

Oh hi Franco

I think you might have missed out on the whole Paul Hayes story

He used to play for PNE but he might be signing for us shortly ... acording the the CAFC official site

I only wish we had all been discussing him for the last fortnight as I know nothing about the fella

please log in to view this image

7. Franco5

What's all this 'might be signing' business...? :emoticon-0130-devil

Even Sky Sports are in on the action...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6993889,00.html

8. robcafc

robcafc Member

The 27-year-old had only joined Preston last summer from Scunthorpe United and scored twice in 23 Championship appearances,

WOW sounds promising! i seriously think i oculd score more goals than that! ****ING JOKE!

9. ForEverAnAddick

Im too un convinced by Hayes rob, I had never heard of him before he was linked with us! But im all for being proven wrong! Been impressed with the few signings we've actually made so far and MOST of the players we've been linked with so, In Powell we Trust!!

10. Franco5

You've got to look at the bigger picture Rob...

Yes we are blessed with two out and out goal scorers in Benson and BWP. Yet aside from their knack of finding the net they offer the team very little else. Their hold up play is poor as is their ability to bring others into the game in way of creating chances.

It’s all well and good to have two forwards of this ilk when we’re steamrolling sides and our wingers are on form. However, when we’re not having things all our own way and we need to drop one forward a little deeper in order to knit the midfield and attack... that my friend is where Hayes fits in.

It’s all about having options in the final third and I for one am over the moon with our trio. I am absolutely convinced that in those three we have more than enough to get us out of this league…!!

It’s easily to be blinded by stats too Rob... often when you delve into things a little deeper the stats can read differently. After all Hayes has played vary rarely as an out and out forward during his career. Instead he is more often deployed just behind the front man or out wide.

Whilst at S****horpe he was the main architect of Gary Hooper and Billy Sharps massive goals scoring hauls… Shame there’s not stat column for goals created ay…?

11. Hell Ben-t on Bradley Pritchard

I can't guarantee that Hayes will be a success should it go through, but I don't like the statistics theory. Preston were absolutely awful over the last couple seasons, whilst at this level hayes has been an instrumental player. He had been toted for moves higher than Preston previously during those big seasons. He's proven, especially playing with a top finisher..............BWP? He can also finish. For £0.00p he's cheaper and better than Pawel Abbott, we've only got 2 forwards right now, I don't get the problem, this is a shrewd signing