1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paul-Georges Ntep

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Grifter, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Get your last few posts in to this thread, it's moving to the west-end soon with an all-new cast loosely based on the songs of 'Oliver'

'Boy for sale, who will buy?' (Auxerre)

'I'd do anything' (TF)

'Reviewing the situation' (PB)

'It's a fine life!' ('Arry)

'Youve got to pick a pocket or two' (Agents ensemble)

'As long as he needs me!' (Ntep)

Surprise ending guaranteed....

2. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

I think it's time to move on... some people here are stating to sound like bitter exes that were dumped ;-)

3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I personally couldn't careless if he comes to us or not. He sounds like a potentially good player but then don't most of them? As Stan says ' Look at Hoilett.'
    The alarm bells started ringing for me when it was reported that he chose us over a raft of other clubs because we were based in London, and that would suit his lifestyle. Plus we were offering more wages. All the wrong reasons.

4. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

The guy sounds promising but again we are now talking North of 5m euros for basically an unknown potential talent. Surely we need a goalpoacher striker? Leicester took Kevin Phillips straight away and he had an instant impact laying on the cross for Nugent to score at Leeds. I'm not saying we needed Phillips but we do seem to fanny about when in reality we just need the basics. 3 days to go til the window closes and I'm hoping behind the scenes all of the groundwork has been done but knowing us it'll be a last minute flap.

5. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

If clubs and managers knew they had the right player (right skills, right fit, 'right sort' etc etc), then set out your price and contract - do it or move on to the next choice or wait. I know agents like to chuck spanners, tool kits and machinery into the works, but this 'fannying around' is either a sign of incompetence, bad practice or uncertainty.

6. Rod-nee

Rod-nee Active Member

I am sure that if this forum didn't sniff out (create?) every rumour and then debate and hype it into "certainty", it wouldn't appear as though the club was fannying about. Has there ever been any official word on this guy? Deflation of wishful thinking is not the same as management incompetance.

I bet that if the transfer machinations of any other club were scrutinized to the same level, they would all look like muppets to us "experts".

7. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

To be fair we don´t really know the ins and outs of anything regarding our transfer policy, this time last year we were seriously fire-fighting with Remy and Samba and it didn´t work. Harry is a magnet for the Press both good and bad and there are a lot of people out there that would like us to fail. Let´s just be thankful that the management realise that we are weak in some positions and that they will hopefully do something about it. Personally I cannot wait until June this year when we can get rid of all those on Flyer´s list and start afresh, whether in the Premier League or the Championship.

8. Loveitupthebush

Loveitupthebush Well-Known Member

Don't worry guys we're still in the chase for that other useless **** Daffodil.

9. Madrid_Ranger

Bit negative Loveit........who is on your shopping list then?

10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Seriously disagree that we are 'fannying about'. Seems to me that sealing of deals, if they are competitive (i.e. 2 or more clubs interested) will inevitably be dragged out the way the market works today. If we have declined to outbid Rennes in this case, brilliant, TF and PB have learnt their lesson, we are being much fussier and not being bullied by vendors and hoodwinked by agents. We will be linked with many more players than we are interested in, and be interested in many more players than we actually sign. Its only the ones who end up with us that matter. If we don't get anyone in this window, H will just have to show us his tactical genius and man management nous to get us promoted with the current bunch, who should easily be good enough.

11. LoopyR

LoopyR Well-Known Member

Great post mate, totally agree but what else can we do between matches other than debate all things QPR? I personally enjoy reading everyones opinion, i guess thats because this is a good forum with some great characters all with conflicting views, yourself included. Is your background PR?

12. Loveitupthebush

Loveitupthebush Well-Known Member

Someone who knows where the net is and can improve when we go up, Rhodes, Le Fondre, Ings and a centre half

13. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

I think we do Stan. There is a finite amount of matches left this season. We need to maximise our opportunities and I don't want to see us play 'without a recognised striker again'. Huddersfield got Wells in who has scored 2 in 2. Leicester got Phillips in and he's having an (admittedly early) effect. Burley took Barnes from Brighton. We seem to have to go for convoluted foreign deals with multi-party interest / ownership. Whether that's at 'Arry's instigation I don't know of course.

Would agree that we have a good enough squad apart from lacking a bit in the striker department but we don't seem to get the best out of them.

14. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

2 or 3 ago I wanted Rhodes, Austin, Hooper and Le Fondre as our attacking four. Look what we got instead, the fulham donkeys.

We could have got them as well.

15. DT Footspa

DT Footspa Well-Known Member

How far have we come? I always ask...

From Hulse to Remy

We grab at straws

We can't keep the ball now we don't give it away

Last time in this league we scored for fun ...now we are egg bound

We should be playing 433 442 451

We talk of the giants of London: Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and accept Palace, Fulham, West Ham, Millwall, Charlton, Brentford and US will never make the grade of a top capital footballing force Nationwide everyone admires City who until recently were well ... lost and not anyones minds

Point is this ... We are building to become a much bigger club than many who muddle in confusion with the above list. I wish we would look at the bigger picture here and prepare for it ... and the same time take a deep breath and be thank you for where and we are as a football club

Ntep? ... I believe we will be buying better players than him in the next few years ...I am thinking of the players who aren't even born yet that before I go I hope to see play in the hoops who by then could even once again the best London club in the league ... anyone remember how we did that for years running?

Dream Lads dream ... Paul George Ntep ... who?

16. LoopyR

LoopyR Well-Known Member

Those players on your list are all key players for their current club and so their valuation as we enter the business end of the season is substantially higher than their valuation during the summer. Question is we are 2nd in the league at the halfway point, replicate our sometimes ugly form in the second half and we get promoted without buying additional players. Perhaps the squad we have IS good enough to get us up?

17. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more

18. DT Footspa

DT Footspa Well-Known Member

I think we were aiming a bit higher mate and I seriously doubt if Rhodes Austin or Hooper and Le Fondre will cut it at the top level ...BZ and AJ have but I agree that they were maybe past their sell by dates. Remy is still QPR you never know and better than all of them.

I am growing to Austin no doubt and his time may come but to date he has still missed a lot of chances imo

We fell out of love with Cisse a bit by that boy could finish and at the time to me a very good buy

We should take stock now and all move on together as we both know that if we go up we will need new players

19. Rod-nee

Rod-nee Active Member

I love a debate as much as the next guy, but not about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin - especially when some folks seem to get genuinely p*****d off by their imaginary bubbles bursting. Save your energy for the important (and real) things in life, I say. We're in an automatic promotion place, with every chance of staying there. My glass is at least 3/4 full - so unlike the last couple of seasons.

Nope, the only PR I know is QPR. :)

20. Madrid_Ranger

Someone pinch me!!!!!