1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Passions, Hobbies and Interests

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TheCasual, Feb 12, 2018.

1. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

One of the best threads I have read on this forum, but I am in distress, having read the list of other peoples guitars, or collection of them it seems, I realise that mine are of the Primark level quality, still I enjoy playing them, funny how our neighours houses, on either side of us, have been up for sale (true honest) :) :) :)

2. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

The most expensive bass I use is actually my daughter’s!
    Good job I’m comfortable with my sexuality and in touch with my feminine side because it’s a pink, paisley, Fender Precision. Great bass and to be honest I mainly use it for a regular breast cancer fundraiser so it seems appropriate
    I also have a Fender Jazz, but that’s really boring black and white
    And a Vintage electro acoustic bass which is really nice to pick up and play but was a great ebay deal so Primark price even though it plays really nicely
    I do have a defretted Hondo bass somewhere in the loft, and a Tanglewood acoustic 6 string, and a Marlin 6 string electric given to me by someone off here, and a unnamed old semi acoustic...that sounds ****

I also have too many snowboards!

4. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

I confess to having way too many radios.

I feel purged now.

5. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

I'm involved with local athletics so spend quite a few weekends in Summer at various athletic tracks around the North of England. Started about 18 years ago when my daughter joined the athletics club and I somehow got sucked in like you do when you are an interested parent and the set up needs volunteers. Incidentally if anyone fancies getting involved we always need people to become officials on the field or timekeeping. I am also a memer of a small modern choir which I love, rehearse once a week and have sung at charity events, our own shows and a few weddings recently (most popular song for this year Beatles Love Love Love). After a stressfull day at work it is so relaxing to go to choir and have a sing song. Again if anyone is interested we meet at 7pm Wednesday night Anlaby Church Hall. My daughter is getting married next year so we are going to sing at her wedding and I can't wait. As for holidays Cyrprus is somewhere we have been year after year and I don't get fed up cos I really feel at home there. Many years ago in another lifetime I was in the old Womens Royal Army Corp and spent 6 months there and everytime we drive through a British Base I feel really emotional for some reason (must be an age thing). Also love Cornwall and always have a week there in the Summer. Long drive but worth it, would love to own one of the static caravans down there but the site fees are ridiculous.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I collect empty bottles.

Sounds so much better than alcoholic...

7. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Do you only collect the ones you make yourself?

8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Pop round...I have a couple for you

(couple of skips full that is)

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  9. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

As someone that has done exactly that I would advise against it, the amount of volcanology in a geology degree is minimal. I did however study aspects of it as part of my PhD although that was mainly to get out of the lab and go on some field trips!

PM me if you want any reading recommendations, there's some interesting stuff out there.

10. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

What a cycles race in Vietnam looks like, their support is a few motor bikes with spare wheels. I was following for a short time, on a motor bike though.

Attached Files:

11. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I have just become the proud owner of a 1978 Honda Chaly <laugh>

Got back into cycling recently and managed 70km over the last few evenings. We live in Great countryside.

12. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Just look at this angry bastard

SimonGraysJacket likes this.
  13. Quill

Quill Bastard

Nothing has changed.

14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

What are you playing, Q? I have four guitars if I can include my three string Cigar Box. But I haven't played any of them in well over a year.

Unfortunately due to furlough, I don't have any more excuses to not pick it up again.

I seem to lack the motivation and I remember attempting to play 'Little Wing' a few years ago. I was ****ing embarrassing <laugh>

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I now volunteer as part of a social media fact checking website, which as you can imagine in these crazy times, is pretty busy work. Not really a hobby, but pretty satisfying.

I've always been a bit crap at DIY, (flat packs don't count), so I taught myself how to put up shelves, plaster properly and my next project for the Summer (if lockdown is lifted and I can get the stuff) is to build a brick BBQ. I've always loved cooking and consider myself above average, but the grill is something I've yet to properly have a go at and I reckon with my own gear I can make a decent fist of it.

Kempton likes this.
  16. Kempton

I built a brick bbq five years ago and it's still standing, still in use. The next door neighbours had bought one of those kits and they even had loads of old bricks.

It's ****ing ace <ok>

Steven Toast likes this.
  17. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

I built one too Kemps - due to working at a steelplant at the time I was able to 'obtain' proper refractory bricks, a handmade, stainless steel charcoal tray and a perfectly sized piece of stainless steel, diamond mesh. Still standing!!

18. Quill

Quill Bastard

When you say 'what are you playing', do you mean what guitar or what tunes?

In terms of guitar, I usually switch between my Fender Jaguar and a 12 string acoustic that Cheshire Ben very nicely gave me.

In terms of tunes... anything really. Though Hendrix is a little too far for me.

19. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

I could almost play the intro to Hey Joe. The chords aren't difficult.

20. Kempton

Sorry, I meant tunes. Hendrix is too far away from all of us.