1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Parenting Dilemma...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safcyellowbelly, May 17, 2019.

1. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

So - made it to Cardiff - 2 x SAFC shirts packed - compromise reached (ish) - we’re going to find a pub for the match and if we miss one event no drama!!

Yellowbelly daughter currrently on cloud 9 as she and 3 mates have qualified for British Championships in the 4 x 100 freestyle relay - I’ve never seen her happier (team success will hopefully set the trend for the weekend...)

KTF!!

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

My son has an end of season tournament on Sunday after winning the league with his team! I’m going to Wembley!!!

3. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

it used to be held at the Afon Lido in Swansea in my day

4. safcyellowbelly

So - dilemma seemed to work out in the yellowbelly household...lad pissed off at not going to Wembley but after the result agreed that it would have been worse if we’d missed a win...daughter swam well and picked up some decent times...emailed by the swim authorities and she has qualified for 2 individual events at British Championships and 4 more at English - she is on cloud 99 and I’ve never been prouder of her...

She has no real expectations of winning any medals but she has made her personal Olympic Games

5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Congratulations to her!

6. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Massive congratulations to your daughter mate!!

7. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Great news well done

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I'd say it all worked out well for the yellowbellies. Going to Wembley to experience that pain would have done more harm than good to a young un.

9. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

It's great to hear kids achieving targets and goals whether it's through sport or school.
    Kids in general get a bad press and it's nice to hear the other side, well done to your daughter it's great memories that will never diminish.

10. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

My daughter is in the top model of Sunderland competition this weekend. For a short time we thought the play off may have been at the same time, but luckily for me it wasn't.. I would have been in the bad books with my wife and daughter..

11. safcyellowbelly

So a bit of self indulgent nonsense but...

Miss Yellowbelly had 3 swims at British champs - finished 12th (entered18th) in one, 20th in another (entered 24th) and her relay team finished 15th - in Britain - I was gobsmacked... her times weren’t great but neither were many others (combo of nerves and pressure I’d guess)...

She then swam at English champs - made 3 finals and finished 8th. 5th and 4th... times back on personal bests - 4th in a 50 breaststroke saw about 0.7 seconds off her time...she was gutted that she missed a medal but so happy at her achievement (rightly so)...

Master Yellowbelly though has stunned and impressed me more...he has decided to change football team - moving down a division but to play with his mates from school and to put some distance between him and his old teammates...apparently several were up for fags booze and weed... at 12/13 it takes some bollocks to stand up against peer pressure and I could not be prouder - he will succumb to vices in the end (don’t we all) but recognising that its wrong and putting himself outside of the issue shows me that he has more maturity than I gave him credit for - kids need to be kids for as long as they can be in my view.

Set to be up for a home game once we get back from Bali, which is stunning by the way...

KTF/FTM...

4/4/2 please!

12. The Norton Cat

You should be very proud of both them. Congratulations!

I've been to Bali, it's amazing. Where are you staying?

13. safcyellowbelly

Moving about mate - in Candi for a few days now moving to Ubud - then on to Sanur to finish

Stopped in Hong Kong on the way over for 2 days - that was an assault on the senses too

The Norton Cat likes this.
  14. The Norton Cat

Nice! It was about 16 years ago I there so it might have changed but have you been to Jimbaran where they cook the seafood fresh off the fishing boats?

15. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member

Break his fekin heart, get him used to it in fact it’s a proper initiation into being a Sunderland supporter. .....never ever, ever, ever break your daughters heart

16. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member