1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paper Talk & Transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, May 10, 2012.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Updated 31/08/12
    Thought I'd make a list of Paper Talk and Transfer rumours by newspapers on players during the summer linked to Fulham updating it and show other clubs interested in the players.
    Add your own lists and it will be interesting to see next season who we've got. (Probably be a long list, mostly of players that go elsewhere).

Nacer Chadli (22) W/MF (FC Twente) (The Mail 28/4/12) Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham (the 22-year-old's agent Daniel Evrad has claimed his player will almost certainly be signing for Fulham) (The Sun 30/5/12) Fulham are back on the trail of FC Twente striker Nacer Chadli.
    Luciano Narsingh (21)W/A MF (Hereenveen) (The Sun 8/5/12) Ajax (reported seen visiting Motspur Park) (PSV)
    Oussama Assaidi(23) M/F (Hereenveen) (The Mail 8/5/12) (reported seen visiting Motspur Park) (Liverpool)
    Alexander Buttner L/B (Vitesse Arnhem) (The Sun 10/5/12) Ajax "I’m aware of Fulham’s interest but my love for Ajax is well known." (Manchester United)
    Jordan Rhodes(22) FW (Huddersfield Town) (The Mirror 17/5/12) West Ham Aston Villa Norwich (Fulham lead the race to sign the Huddersfield striker for £3.2m) - (Daily Record 28/05/12) Fulham up bid to £5m taking Celtic out the bidding. Rhodes - " I have no idea if I'm moving" (Mail 19/07/12) Jol remains interested in Rhodes. (Metro 01/08/12) Fulham want to boost their forward options by moving for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes and Andrey Arshavin of Arsenal. (Blackburn Rovers)
    Jerry Akaminko (24), CD/RB (Manisaspor) (Turkish paper) Liverpool "Dalglish had him on trial, but has now turned to Fulham." (Eskişehirspor)
    Liam Trotter (23), MF (Millwall) (Sun on Sunday) Southampton, Sunderland and Fulham have been linked with the £2m rated midfielder.
    Theo Robinson, (23), ST (Derby) (The Sun 5/6/12) Wigan and Fulham are both chasing Derby striker who scored 12 goals last season.
    Adrian Ramos (26) ST (Hertha Berlin), (German Paper) Fulham have shown interest in taking the striker to Craven Cottage
    Banel Nicolita, (27) FB (St Etienne) (The Daily Mail 8/6/12) Fulham are lining up a move for the versatile Romania full-back.
    Danny Simpson, (25) RB (Newcastle) (Newcastle Chronicle 9/6/12) QPR, Norwich, Fulham are keen to sign the Newcastle Fullback, with QPR and Norwich waiting in the wings.
    Mladen Petric, (31) ST Hamburg signed on free transfer 28/06/12
    David Bentley (27) MF (Tottenham) (Mirror 29/06/12) Fulham are looking at a cut-price transfer or a loan deal.
    Tomas Sivok (28) DMF (Besiktas) (People 1/07/12) Fulham are in talks to sign Czech Republic star Tomas Sivok.
    Steven Fletcher (25) ST (Wolves) (Mirror 4/07/12) Sunderland, Stoke and Fulham interested but Wolves have put a price tag of £10m. (Sunderland)
    Paul Robinson (32) GLK (Blackburn) (Daily Mail 5/07/12) Fulham are ready to move for Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson, 32, after his move to Turkish club Besiktas stalled.
    Sascha Riether (29) RB (FC Koln) signed on free transfer on 6/07/12
    Fraser Fyvie (19) MF (Aberdeen) (Mail 8/07/12) Aberdeen look to have lost the battle to keep Fraser Fyvie with Fulham looking to take him to Craven Cottage.(Wigan)
    Hugo Rodallega (26) ST (Wigan) (Mirror 11/07/12) is close to signing for Fulham on a free transfer despite interest from Everton.
    Andy Carrol (23) ST (Liverpool) (Mirror 12/07/12) Fulham boss Martin Jol is to offer Clint Dempsey as he makes a move to take Carroll on loan from under the noses of AC Milan and WHU.(West Ham United on loan)
    Hugo Rodallega (26) (Wigan) signs a 3 year contract on a free 12/07/12, subject to work permit
    Scott Sinclair (23) (MF) (Swansea) (The Star 13/07/12) The 23-year-old's current deal expires next summer, and Fulham, Aston Villa and Liverpool are all believed to be interested in buying him. (Manchester City)
    Yannick Sagbo (24), (ST) (Evian) (Mail 19/07/12) Fulham have opened talks with French side Evian to sign the Ivory Coast striker who would cost around £3.5m.
    Nigel Reo-Coker (28) (MF) (Bolton_Free) (Mirror 19/10/12) Fulham are set to move for Nigel Reo-Coker who is a free agent after leaving Bolton following their relegation.
    Vincenzo Iaquinta (32) (ST) (Juventus) (Mail 19/07/12) Jol is said to be interested in veteran Vincenzo Iaquinta, 32. Cesena (loan)
    Douglas (24) (DF) (FC Twente) (The Sun 21/07/12) Fulham and West Ham are rivalling Newcastle in the chase for Brazilian defender Douglas and all three have submitted bids.
    Romelu Lakaku (19) (ST) (Chelsea-Loan) (The Sun 23/07/12) Fulham have taken the 19 year old on Loan for a year. (West Brom on Loan)
    Andrey Arshavin, (31) (MF) (Arsenal), (The Metro 28/07/12) Fulham are ready to make a bid for Arsenal's Russian international who is believed to want to remain in London.(Zenit (loan))
    Ki Sung-Yueng, (23) (MF) (Celtic) (The Sun 3/08/12) Fulham are set to gazump Queens Park Rangers in the £7m battle to sign Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng. (Swansea)
    Matt Jarvis, (26) (MF) (Wolves) (Daily Telegraph 3/08/12) Wolves have turned down a £10m bid from Fulham for 26-year-old winger Matt Jarvis. (West Ham United)
    Arouna Kone (28) (ST) (Levante) (Mirror 7/08/12) Jol is still pursuing Levante’s Ivorian hitman Arouna Kone (Wigan)
    James McFadden (29) (ST) (Birmingham) (The Sun 7/08/12) Jol may make a move for James McFadden to bolster his strike force
    David Ngog, (23) (ST) (Bolton) (Mirror 13/08/12) Fulham boss Martin Jol is making a surprise £3m bid to sign French striker David Ngog, 23, from relegated Bolton.
    Steven N'Zonzi (23) (MF) (Blackburn) (Mail 17/08/12) Fulham have revived their interest in the Blackburn midfielder who is not part of Steve Kean's plans.(Stoke City)
    Eduardo (29) (ST) (Shaktar Donesk) (Star 21/08/12) Fulham are in talks with 29-year-old former Arsenal striker Eduardo as a possible £7 m replacement for unsettled Dempsey.
    Omar El Kaddouri (21) (MF) (Brescia) (Times 21/08/12) Fulham have offered £2.8m for Brescia midfielder Omar El Kaddouri (Napoli)
    Douglas (24) (DF) (Twente) (Star 22/08/12) Newcastle and Fulham are looking at FC Twente defender Douglas.
    Bafetimbi Gomis (27) (ST) (Lyon) (Daily Mail 29/08/12) Fulham have made a £6.5m bid for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis who was a target for Newcastle.
    Berbatov (31) (ST) (Man Utd) (Daily Mail 30/08/12) Fulham are in talks with Berbatov after he turned down Fiorentina and Juventus to stay in England.
    Kerian Richardson (27) (MF) (Sunderland) (Mirror 30/08/12) Fulham are on the verge of signing Kieran Richardson from Sunderland.
    Kerian Richardson (27) (MF) (Sunderland) signs 3 year contract plus one year option. 31/08/12

Deadline day Rumors:
    Berbatov (ST) (31) Manchester Utd, 2 year contract
    Derek Boateng (27) Dnipro
    Michel Bastos (29) (ST) (Lyon)
    Ashkan Dejagah (26) (MF) (Wolfsburg),3 year contract
    Chris David (19) (ST) (Twente)
    Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe (23) (DM) Club Brugge (Everton on loan ?)
    Nacer Chadli (22) W/MF (FC Twente)
    Tom Huddlestone (25) MF (Tottenham)
    Harry Kane (19) (ST) (Tottenham) (Norwich on loan)
    Wilson Palacios (28) (MF) (Stoke)

2. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Other Frei(s) from Basel - they're all good.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I read something about us looking at Emile Heskey, but I can't see it happening (nor do I want it to happen).

4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Emile Heskey. Ha! Scraping the barrel? I think we'd have gone through the bottom of it if we bought him.

5. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

Also seen the link with Raul from earlier in the season being revived (Daily Mail, 2 May). I'd say that the chances of us lining up for the first game of next season with a strike force consisting of him and Emile Heskey are pretty remote. Their combined age would be 69!

6. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

What a brilliant thought Raul and Heskey. Hold on, has anyone mentioned this dynamic pairing to Steve Kean?

7. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

We've been regularly linked with striker Burak Yilmaz (26) who has scored a whack of goals with Turkish side Trabzonspor. He's pretty tall so that should tick one of Jol's boxes.

8. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Bizarrely, was watching highlights not too long ago when I spotted a great turn - asked my friend who this guy was - he replied Heskey - I was shocked!

If he cost less than a £1m then maybe- he does go through a patch of form occasionally when he is handy enough- most of the time he is poor though. Back-up for a major crisis at best.

9. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Heskey is out of contract this summer, so there would be no fee.

However unless he was very realistic about his wage demands and role in the team, I would not consider Heskey. Raul may be a possibility if he wants a stint playing in London, but I imagine QPR/West Ham would shovel much more wages than we would. I'd be inclined to say no to both Heskey and Raul, really.

10. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Oh please no not Heskey. The guy can't get in a poor Villa team without their best striker so how would he get in ours? I'd take Sa and Trotta over him any day.

11. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

If we buy Heskey, won't he lose his pension benefits?

12. Captain Morgan

I actually think Heskey is better than he's often portrayed. He works hard for the team, but he's never - with one or two seasons exception - been a big goalscorer. He would fit well in a Roy Hodgson side, I don't know if he would fit in a Martin Jol one. As I said, he's not what I'm hoping for.

Raul was one of my favourite overseas players 15 or so years ago, but I have my doubts that he would add a lot to us now.

13. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

I would absolutely hate to sign Heskey. He has scored 9 league goals in 90 league games for Villa. Arsenal's centre back Vermaelen has 13 league goals in 66 league games. If a centre back can make him look poor, and it's only worse he will get, not better then I don't want him, even if he is free. It's reducing the average age we're supposed to be doing anyway not increasing it.

14. Captain Morgan

I agree. And the need to rejuvinate the squad doesn't work for Raul, either.

15. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

This sums up the Heskey situation, I think. There is no role for Heskey in the team Jol is building.

However, I feel there would be a role for Raul. This is a man who played in a hugely successful, highly attractive Madrid team and he'd be a great veteran to slot into our changing team. Still very unlikely to happen, but I think personal reasons (i.e. he wouldn't want to come here) would be why it doesn't happen, rather than footballing reasons.

As an aside, of the teams (possibly) going down the players I'd like to look at are Steven Fletcher, Matt Jarvis & Stuart Holden. I certainly wouldn't look at any defenders (Dann & Johnson, the hot signings last year, have now been relegated twice in a row...). But those players are young, skilled and could fit the way we play. However, I would think they are the three players every other mid-table club would target.

16. Captain Morgan

This http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l-health-of-the-Premier-League-laid-bare.html makes interesting viewing. If I'm reading the different figures correctly, it puts us more or less mid-table on the financial side of things (it's year old data, admittedly), so there's no reason to think we couldn't compete for some of those players. Certainly, it seems to suggest we're closer to some of the bigger middling clubs financially than I thought we were. As long as we're competing with the likes of Villa, Sunderland, etc rather than the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, etc for players, we've got a decent shout of getting some of our targets.

17. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I'd agree with that, Captain.

But the reason I said that is to highlight that it's easy to highlight the quality players in the teams that went down, but every team in our position will do that too. Matt Jarvis, for instance, is likely to be in high demand and managers like Martin O'Neill have a reputation for paying massively inflated wages to these types of players.

I think targeting someone like Holden is a much better idea, I think he'd be a very good signing.

18. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

Interesting figures there CM. It's our income that needs to increase if we're to compete higher up the table, so we really need that planning application to go through. The debt figure always gives me the jitters whenever I see it, particularly as it's second only to Man Utd.

19. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

20. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Raul has gone to Qatari side Al-Saad 9for a fistfull of siver no doubt).