1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Palace away

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Unfortunately for us the international break wasn't long enough and at this stage of the game we'll be huffing and puffing to break into the top 4 at this rate. I would've started with Christensen and Rudiger at the back and tried Luiz in midfield; we'll be struggling until the cavalry returns.

2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

What cavalry? Our current form suggests we'll be relegated from the Premiership and we'll win the European Cup !!!!!!! It's weird.

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

You can't win them all <laugh>

4. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

At this moment in time the cavalry consists of Morata and Kante; we could at least rewarding players for their previous performances Christensen and Rudiger played well against City and should've been in the starting line up, unfortunately we chose Cahill and Cescy pretty much the equivalent of going into a boxing match leading with your chin.

Bristol Blue and StanDMan like this.
  5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Why its pragmatic. Sticking to tried and tested even if it isnt working.

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Christensen is miles too good to be sitting on the bench. He'll be off soon if he doesn't start playing.

We were horrible everywhere today, I turned it off before the end, it was too painful. Looked like we were running in treacle.

7. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That's been one of our biggest problems for years, playing the "names" ahead of the in form kids. Time to reconfigure the team without Kante and Morata into one that will not be tonked by the likes of Palace, because Kante and Morata ( and Moses )will be missing again before seasons end. So here's what I'd do.

Courtois
    Dave Christensen Rudiger ( Cahill and Kennedy as defensive subs )
    Zappa Luiz Bakayoko Alonso ( Fabregas and Drinkwater as mid subs )

Pedro Hazard Musonda ( Willian and Michy as subs )

Oh, and I'd break the bank on an expensive world class, attacking and controlling midfielder ( even a January buy like Modric until the right one comes along) plus a striker with some mongrel, some pace and an eye for goals.

Diego likes this.
  9. The Ginger Marks

Musonda isn’t ready for premier football based on his dreadful appearance at palace.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Perhaps. What's so special about PL ? It's played by very overrated, grossly overpaid players from which the REALLY good teams from Europe buy maybe 2 players a year. Only thing the PL wins is the wages contest. PL is miles behind the best of Spain and the best from France and Germany. Good place for an inexperienced kid to start before he's exposed to the worlds best players.

11. The Ginger Marks

Sorry mate don’t agree with 99% of that but for me Batman needs to be ****ed off as he is an imposter and Musonda needs another year abroad. I’m not critical of Conte but there’s a problem brewing with Willian who probably thinks he should start every game and appears to be off his game as a result. IMHO he will join united next year.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Bad TEAM performance. Lets not just pick on 1 or 2. They all need to buck their ideas up and Kante and Morata need to come back ASAP!

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Perhaps a tad exaggerated, but having started it was difficult to stop !
    A question though, how is it that players like Kane and Deli Alli can get their experience at their home club Spurs, and turn in good performances from the age of 19 or 20, but ours have to go somewhere else until their 22 or 23 ? Surely Musonda would improve quicker if he was played with us ?
    Agree about Willian, he's well off his best form and clearly unhappy, and as for Batshuai, he's just not been able to make the grade, simple as that. Perhaps he's just the wrong player for our team and needs to go soon as.

14. The Ginger Marks

Ok, but yourself in Romans shoes and imagine 3 or 4 mid table years whilst you hope your factory farmed players come of age. It’s not going to happen as we haven’t been lucky with the calibration of players that have been a ready fit.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Kane was on loan to Millwall, Norwich and Leicester, and broke into to Spurs team properly aged 21, 2014/15. When he was 20, he played three or four games for them.

No big club challenging for the title would build a team round an unproven CF.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Not suggesting anyone "build a Team around " any kid, just that the best kids can become the better players quicker if they're playing in the "best " team to get experience, i.e. Musonda or Abraham at Chelsea, not Palma or Swansea. At 20, Kane was out and back and ready to go for Spurs. Only successful returnees I can think of are Terry and Christensen, perhaps there are more.
    Anyway, no point harping because it will never change at Chelsea until Abramovich gains some patience or runs short of cash.

17. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

CP, I won't lap this on Roman tbh.

Board and the hierarchy is grossly misleading Roman. What can we do?

We may have Salah, KDB, Mata et al still in our team.

18. Chelsea Pensioner

It seems though that Roman only surrounds himself with sycophants, often Russian, which is par for the course for many billionaires. Problem is Roman appears to listen to their advice and ignore the people in the Club with real football knowledge. I say appears to, and seems like, because I don't have any inside info, just judging on behaviour and reccurring patterns of behaviour. Not much we can do except enjoy the good things and moan about the bad.