1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pack and Flint

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Aug 7, 2020.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I popped over to the Cardiff board yesterday for some light entertainment, and saw this thread in which they are slating Pack and Flint (plus a couple of others).
    https://www.not606.com/threads/well...re-dont-know-when.385339/page-2#post-14021303

I just wondered if we would want either of them back? They were ok for us before and all the LJ ‘haters’ delighted to remind us that Flint in particular was bought before LJ.
    could either of them still do a job for us now?

Not sure why Cardiff fans seem to dislike them so much......

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Flint is slow, as is Morrison so it was always going to be one of them dropped. Morrison being captain gave a good clue as to who it was going to be. Flint IMO should of never gone there, he was never going to overturn Morrison.
    Pack plays, so he is likely to last there longer than Flint.
    If Flint came back can you see him taking Kalas’s place? I’m hoping Taylor Moore gets a better chance and not loaned up stupidly like this season.
    So no from me on either one.

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R&W
    Junior signed the useless Bailey Wright, gave him the 5 shirt and club captaincy to replace Flint.
    One things for certain I wouldn't want Bailey Wright back.
    Kalas is half the player these days and it's arguable that a Flint/Baker and Webster/Baker was/is better than a Kalas/Baker combination.

I'll say it again our squad is vastly overrated. Cheers Junior.

4. bcfcredandwhite

I agree with the core substance of your comments here RP, if not the sentiment.
    If we can see it then surely the new manager will? Let’s hope whoever he is will be given some freedom to choose the players he wants to strengthen.
    I’m not convinced he will - I think it’s Ashton who decides who is bought and sold - and the manager just has to form a team from whoever he ends up with - and face the wrath of the fans when it doesn’t work.

5. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

So if the players aren't that good that Johnson must have been a pretty good manager to get them challenging in the top half of the division

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

AGree that Bailey Wright isn't and never was good enough to be in the Championship; however, we could all see that Flint was becoming a liability in the Championship and needed moving on, just not for Wright...
    Kalas is a strange one, was awesome on loan, but, as often happens, he's been average at best since signing - no idea why. I'm sure you'll say it was LJs coaching/management, but that was the same when he was on loan and playing well.
    I thought Taylor Morre had a good start to the season and was unlucky to be dropped, and I don't think LJ ever knew his No1 centre half pairing out of Moore, Baker, Kalas and Williams, which will always unsettle a defence and keeper. The new manager has to work this out, and quickly if we are to progress next season.

7. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Bakers fitness is a worry - how many times was he subbed this season?

8. bcfcredandwhite

Don’t Loathsneyd - it’s like trying to persuade a Glasgow Rangers fan to go to Mass in the Vatican.

9. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Or getting the Junior's Wolf Pack to admit he was the wrong decision for BCFC. :1980_boogie_down:

10. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

But was he?....<laugh>

11. bcfcredandwhite

Time will tell.
    Perhaps his replacement will take us to the Premiership. I sincerely hope so.
    If not then at least you’ll still be partying RP.

12. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

that's a ... :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:
    5 years ago amid all the crap of the previous year or so a new plan was drawn up and LIKE all clubs you have positives and negatives amongst fans and players alike … you also have errors by those supplying the raw material … some of the material shows promise to be "trained in our vision" some however show the promise but unable to "train on".. LJ did a fantastic job with what he was given … some he likely dint want … and some he did but slipped through ….