1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

P L Grounds Personal Favourites to Last

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Hung Drawn and Quartered, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

As a rip off from Leo Billy

Which is the best ground you have been to for
    Hospitality from Fans to food and Toilets (for Chippy) to getting to and away from

Apart from |St. James of course

mine would be Arsenal

Albert's Chip Shop and Leo Billy like this.
  2. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Been to Goodison a lot and it is so un-Premier League. Restricted views, in an old stadium, cramped into residential streets. And yet there is something about it I like. I know it is completely impractical as a modern ground, but it's a throwback to my childhood and what football used to be like. Streets full of fans filing to the ground with quite a few pubs round the ground. Used to go there every year when we played them, but sitting with an Everton fan who got me tickets every year. Part of the ritual was going to this church hall where old biddies would serve you huge mugs of coffee for about 50p. Pity we usually got beat!!

3. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

Are we picking 20 grounds or are we doing a you and picking 21 like you did in his thread? :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

4. ToonArmy1892

ToonArmy1892 Well-Known Member

Villa Park is a canny ground.

5. Hamish McMagdad

Embarrassed to say out of the current grounds in PL only been to Old Trafford. Unless Wembley counts saying as it was home to Premier League FC for a couple of seasons?

Can honestly add I have no recollection of the bogs, can't even remember if it was paper towels or hand dryers :emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. ToonArmy1892

Out of the current PL teams i've been to..

Arsenal - Emirates and Highbury, Emirates is nice but soulless, Highbury had a soul but was tiny.

Aston Villa - Villa Park proper old school ground but quite big aswell.

Everton - Goodison Park is a ****hole, literally a hole in the wall to get the the away toilets, still had wooden seats at back of lower tier

Leicester - King Power - Just one of those **** generic flatpack stadiums like Middlesbrough and Derby

Liverpool - Anfield - Nowt special at all, quite boring, dog **** all over the place in the alleys near the ground.

Man City - Etihad - Dull as dishwater, a **** version of the Emirates.

Man Utd - Old Trafford - Big but not impressive, steps from concourse to seats are a death trap nearly totally vertical.

Watford - Vicarage Road - meh, just dull as ****

Wolves - Molineaux - It's alright but quite small - poor version of Villa Park

7. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I like the Hawthorns, not PL anymore obviously

From what's left that I've been to none are a patch on SJP

ToonArmy1892 likes this.
  8. ToonArmy1892

Palace aswell - Selhurst Park - Really oldschool, small but ok, makes for a great atmosphere.

Tottenham - Old white hart lane - meh, boring.

9. ToonArmy1892

SJP is the best because it combines size, soul and moderness, no other ground i've been to has all 3, i'm not even being biased either.

Most that are big and modern don't have a soul

Ben 10 likes this.
  10. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

And of course being in the middle of a city instead of on an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere

ToonArmy1892 likes this.

11. ToonArmy1892

Been to Leeds - Elland Road aswell, it's alright but a worse version of Villa Park.

12. ToonArmy1892

Yep that's a huge plus aswell.

13. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I've only been to Chelsea and Wolves of the current lot, Spurs too but that was White Hart Lane. Met Mike and Llambias there

Been to more teams that are no longer in the big league, Stoke, Blackburn, WBA, Bolton, Charlton etc

14. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Favorite outside of SJP is West Ham's London Stadium, good size, decent views, reasonable food and drink and passionate fans, the old Boleyn was cracking atmosphere as well. The Emirates is the worst of any I've been to for atmosphere by a country mile and everything about it is average and I include Merstham FC's Moatside with a grand total 2500 capacity (174 seats).

Outside of the EPL - Charlton Athletic I'll never forget, went with AFC Wimbledon few years back but **** me that was coldest day I've ever seen so now have nothing but hatred towards Charlton because of it - nothing to do with the club though TBF. Charlton went a man down inside 10 mins and still won 2-0, don't think Wimbledon had a shot on target :emoticon-0121-angry

15. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I've been to one other English football team's ground (to watch a match) aside from St James Park. Went with a mate to watch Sheff Wed vs Brighton (he's a BHA fan). ****hole of a stadium from what I remember from back then so can't imagine the bogs to be anywhere near Chippy's standards/expectations. I've been to more grounds in Europe than I have in the UK <laugh><laugh>.....maybe grounds (pardon the pun) for a separate thread.

I've been to company meetings at Old Trafford and Etihad (City), both decent enough I guess....City probably nicer than Utd on account of it being newer.

16. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Was at the Amex for the 1-1 earlier in the season - didn't think it was awful but not great and again not much of an atmosphere. In regards to the bogs I went in at HT and they were FULL of smoke, the Geordie boot boys don't give a fook about no indoor smoking apparently - being a smoker loved it as it was so smoky in there I got my nicotine buzz just going for a HT wiz!

17. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Nou Camp was the best. Great bogs too.

Villa Park is a complete and utter **** hole, in a **** hole area full of **** house fans.

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Leicester is a **** hole too (see above).

19. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Didnt know the Nou Camp was a premier league ground
    Oh well

20. Hamish McMagdad

That's alright I hadn't realised there was 21 PL clubs - see your favourites list <whistle>