1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Owners

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Tel (they/them), May 29, 2023.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I have an awful feeling (so strong you could almost call it a premonition) that some time in mid to late August we will wake up to news headlines stating "Manchester Unite sale off after buyers withdraw offers and move on to other clubs"

Could also read "after Glazers decide the market is not offering enough to make the sale worthwhile"

Treble likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've said this all along.

I wouldn't put it past those ****s to use the valuation and stock market price hike to rinse more out of the club.

Diego likes this.
  3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We have to assume that it is off at this point. Preseason is in a week and the bastards had promised that we would have conclusion by now.

I’ve never seen this type of crazy stuff before whereby shareholders are left in complete darkness.

Diego likes this.
  4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

If the sale doesn't happen, the share price will drop like a stone. The finances of the club have been laid bare and institutional investors will be worried about mid to long-term revenues under the Glazers. The Glazers must know that, they could stand to lose 20% or more in share devaluation if they don't sell so, for me, the question remains when, not if.

Diego likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I think it’s actually the revenue that is causing more trepidation in selling. It rose in the last earnings to record level. Even profitability increased. Only negative was lower cash on hand probably from increased liabilities such as debt servicing and spending on transfers.

I don’t think they give a sht about the share price because it has not been the barometer for setting the price of sale given it is a small float of the overall ownership of the club.

They have the leverage, I’m afraid! Well, until the fans burn down the goddamn place!!

Treble likes this.
  6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

These bastards have used classic silence to renege on selling the club. They have zero respect for the supporters! There really needs to be an absolute hyper reaction from the fans when the season starts for anything to change. I am hoping for a complete mayhem that will lead to loss of revenue for these fkin pigs to leave.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

When I posted this in April you said I was being cold.

Bet you don't think so now. <laugh>

Diego likes this.
  8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I never saw a scenario that we’ll be here with the season about to start and not a single word. I actually can’t believe how brazen they are.

9. glazerfodder

If there is no news by the end of the month I will be selling my shares because the price will fall through the floor if they stay. My holding is miniscule, but there are some huge corporate investors out there who would not be happy and I doubt the Glazers want to see the value of the club halve overnight should the big boys sell..

cytrax likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

What sank the stock today by 8%? I bet is that it is because news of no sale is imminent.

11. glazerfodder

I baled out at $24, an excellent return on my original investment, but yes, I would imagine it can only be the uncertainty and market jitters.

12. Roy!

Roy! Well-Known Member

Welcome to oil club status.

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Or not, depending on which media stream you believe.

I don’t care who it is anymore, we need a clean sweep of the club and the stench of the Glazers wiped away forever.

If it's oil, so ****ing be it.

Munson. likes this.
  14. Roy!

Roy! Well-Known Member

I'm one of the few who has experienced both sides of the oil club debate and I've concluded oil is good.

glazerfodder and Chief like this.
  15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Just thought I'd get your hopes up on another sooper dooper pooper scooper rollercoaster summer transfer saga...

16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

News cycle is starting again…

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Can tell you, the actual support is very much against Radcliffe.

Basically because it means the two oldest Glazers , Joel and Avram,would still be there.

Personally, if it means the whole Glazer clan aren't still there, stealing their dividend and having a say in control, anything is a plus.

It's a start.

They clearly don't want to sell to Qatar and I'm not much in favour myself, bar the unlimited funds.
    Just not comfortable with it, it's not what we (used to be) are about.

I just want us British and free of debt again, and Radcliffe is that. The Glazers will be phased out ultimately.

cytrax likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

From what I read back in August there's supposed to be some big announcement about the sale mid-October.

I think it was the Saudi's who would be taking over.

I haven't checked but I'm guessing that's what this is all about.

19. glazerfodder

But the new Radcliffe proposal, a 25% share acquisition valued at £1.5m, (valuing the club at £6m, the Glazers supposed target value), takes us nowhere. The Glazers would still be majority shareholders and in a position of power in the boardroom, Radcliffe would have no influence on decision-making, so no change whatsoever. If the Glazers vetoed transfers or stadium expenditure, there is nothing he could do except take his own chunk of dividends.

cytrax likes this.
  20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

^^^^^^
    Billions not millions, but yes that's true.

It's not the deal initially proposed.

The original one where Joel and Avram maintain a very small stake was the one I was referring too.

I don't believe any of it now anyway.