1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Owen Coyle

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by thefanwithnoname, Jan 16, 2012.

1. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

evening trotters

married a lass from bolton so have a passing interest in bolton (her family are fans)

I said when coyle was appointed that he would be the downfall of BCFC and that Megson should have been kept for a couple of seasons to help the club stabilise. I was ridiculed and laughed at

I do feel (with all due respect) that maybe you got above your stations a little and wanted miracles. Allardyce was good for you guys in the same way pulis is for toke, basically played to the strength of players with football that is not always pleasing to the eye but does the job

Coyle wants to play football and I am sure the fans want to see that, but there is a reason the likes of eagles were sold by UTD and did well in the Championship only to be relegated from the PL

I want bolton to stay up i really do, however i do feel the appointment of coyle was a mistake and the treatment of megson was out of order

2. Bolton4Europe

Bolton4Europe Active Member

I think the reason Megson was treated as he was, is because he was such a step-down from Big Sam in terms of position, players etc.. and everyone, including myself, thought Megson was the reason we wasn't challenging for Europe. While he probably was, I suppose our expectations were too high after a few top half finishes under
    Allardyce and didn't accept that our that isn't really our level for now.

We sacked Megson at 18th place at the end of the year (19 games played I think) and Coyle has come in and long-term, has brought us into a worse situation.

Coyle has this way where he can blame everyone apart from himself. The referee has gave Bolton some terrible red cards (Cahill vs. Spurs), we have a lot of injuries and an awful fixture list.

Although this may be true, it is not hard to see the defensive problems we have, and selling argubly our best defender, Gary Cahill, and we have 2 weeks to sort out the problems. Will Coyle succeed with the reported 7 million? We will have to see.

Thanks for the kind words, though you would of had to see the last game Megson was in charge to realise why he had gone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8429002.stm