1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Outsiders complaining about our new kit and badge?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by john hughs, Jun 6, 2012.

1. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

200 comments and 2,500 views and rising.<cheers>

Congratulations John! <ok>
    And they try to say they don't like you? <laugh>

2. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

I think hes rattled!

3. UplandsTavernSwan

No £100 million (a figure plucked out of the air by Alan Whiteley, so no stellar signings (frugal transfer targets is the official word out of the CCS).
    And you're playing in Red despite the backlash.
    And a manager who would have legged it to Norwich but alas they didn't want him.
    Now I hear you're moving to Battersea.
    Never mind lads, you know we're all just eaten up with jealously down here. Hope that makes you feel better.

4. Hilts24

Yep. It does. Thanks for asking.

Any luck yet with the Wigan no.2?

5. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

Genuine question here! With the change to the red kit and dragon to attempt to raise your popularity in Aisa. If people like the colour red there so much then why would you choose Cardiff over the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, even Sunderland? Assuming your owners are going to be working very hard to raise the profile of your club?

6. Hilts24

Cheaper to buy/takeover.? So far the investment is £40m.

It would cost much more to takeover the clubs you mention.

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Our board has always been popular with the swans, but it seems to be reaching steller proportions.

I'd have thought they'd be worrying about their own problems like who is going to manage them and how they are going to replace their loan players from last season.

Hey ho.

8. Hilts24

This one could be a triple century.

Why they banned John H I dont know.

9. UplandsTavernSwan

Don't know yet but if that is what the board want I can't really argue. The last unfancied manager brought in by them earned us over 90 million. Bring it on I say !

10. Tigerbaybluebird

A genuine answer here-------- piss off and mind your own bussiness

11. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

Haha and you wonder why Cardiff supporters have such a bad reputation, I attempt to ask a serious question, as I am intrigued by your current situation (as any football fan would), and I get poor abuse from the knuckle draggers that bring your board down! I'm sure some genuine and reasonable Cardiff City fans would have no problem in answering such a question!

12. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

tycoch i assume your not dull,so how are they gonna do this and how are they gonna do that is easy for someone like you 2understand basic business rules <ok>.......the fellas in question are billionaires so please think for one minute and digest, they will know there`s are market there for cardiff city 2 exploit otherwise they wouldnt be taking us on,dont forget these people dont love cardiff city they enjoy money and the power trip that can come from owning a club that will be placed amongst fellow filthy rich owners clubs <ok>

bring on the ride of our lives <cheers>..........i hope <laugh>

13. UplandsTavernSwan

Please assume the position when you hear the word "brace". Or the words "no red shirt, we're off". Ouch.

14. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Uplands!
    You a regular in the Tav?

15. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

That's the problem with foreign owners these days, a lot of them are just in it for a quick buck and off they go, quite often leaving the club in a worse position than they were in before hand.
    But as is life these days, the money is just impossible to turn down, especially when it leaves you debt free. I'm not suggesting now that your owners are on what could be called a snatch and grab money making mission. If the club is as you say they're project (or toy as some owners seem to think) then will always want to make it as successful as possible in order for themselves to look good.

And nothing will make them look better than being the owners of a premier league club! The problem can then be if the top level footie doesn't materialise when large amounts of money have been invested (especially on players/wages), then that's when clubs can find themselves in serious trouble.

To end this lovely essay I actually believe your not far off being the standard required to reach the promised land! Who wouldn't love a Premier league south Wales derby! Show everyone what a proper derby is.

:cool: Good luck, there is nothing better than the ups and downs of football!

16. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

the short shrift is because this topic has been done to death by the media and on here. Go and read the other posts on VTs business enterprises and how he hopes to use those to leverage Cardiff City in the far east.

As for the quick buck, they've been here for a couple of season's now and have stabalised the ship, restructuring things so they have a clean edge when they take over (theydon't yet own the club outright). If you are so interested, it's all out there in the public domain (as far as background, not the financial details or their overall objectives).

17. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

"Please assume the position when you hear the word "brace". Or the words "no red shirt, we're off". Ouch".

your a little late coming here tbh uplands its all been said........if im honest i always knew you were slow and uv always proved me right fairplay dude

18. Tigerbaybluebird

Ok I'll answer you original wum of a question and please accept mt apologies for my recent comment. I don't know the answer to your question it's been asked A 100 times but I'm sure Mr TAN knows what he's doing I'm not a owner I didnt come up with the idea the same as all Cardiff city ams I suppose most of us haven't been to Asia but you know buy now red is a lucky colour also it's the year of the dragon which comes along every 12 years I'm not happy about the way the change was announced but it done now and funnily enough I'm quite excited about it. Thank you andi hope I have answered your question to the best of my knuckle dragging ability.

19. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

they also dont leech money from the club like other owners (e.g. the glazers) in so called 'management fees'. tens of millions of money syphoned off.

and the truth about JH is that they are obsessed with him. simple as that really.

20. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

Do I comment on your board often? NO

Was my question a wum attempt? NO

Was a genuinely interested in our situation and wanted some fans opinion? YES

Not everyone who posts on your board is out to annoy you! Despite what some people seem to think!