1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our future

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

I said "nobody can complain about Jenkins and Co taking dividends". Not selling the club. They were entitled to take a fair return on their investment, it still left the club in a sound financial state.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Why is it ridiculous they final signed officially in July, yet failed to strengthen the squad. Even before that they knew they were taking over so should have been watching and attending to matters at the club Knowing it would be theirs. They employed BB, who is hopeless and out of his depth. So tell me what part of those two things they didn't fail in and why both of those statements are ridiculous. Tell me what they have invested, what they have done to move the club forward. so no it isn't ridiculous it is 100% reality that they have to take some of the blame for the dire state of the club.

3. trundles left foot

To think they couldn't sign players is a big joke, Jenkins doesn't scout the players, there is still a scouting system in place and there was more than enough in the backroom staff for the new OWNERS to sign players. Com back to reality there is enough people at the club who could confirm if the squad was strong enough if you do your homework bearing in mind they were buying the club, you would think that they would have done this. You are living back in the 50's regarding the signing of players, you make enough effort and pay the price and they will sign especially in August when we were not cast adrift. It is you being idiotic to suggest there was no time to improve the squad or is it you just wanting to be the opposite of everyone to WUM yet again.

4. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

I would be happy with that :angel:

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Ignore him Trunds, he's a pillock!! It's obvious to all the Jack Army that Jenkins should have been sacked as chairman for gross miss conduct for not signing Joe Allen and Bony, they were two obvious transfers that we were desperate to bring in, given the weakness of the squad and poor transfer dealings over the last two years, yet he was more focused on his money grabbing agenda, he has a big enough snout in the trough for sure, which will now take us down..............<ok>

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I hope we do go down just to satisfy the muppets on here.....lets hope we go down to division 2 as that is the right and proper league for most fans on here......Sorry but your not fans your nothing more than doom and gloomers.....Cant wait now <ok>

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Says the tool who doesn't even attend games <doh>

8. trundles left foot

What another idiotic comment, are we not allowed to be concerned at the way our club is being ruined or should we just sit here and accept it. I would have thought someone of your age would have been appalled at what is happening bearing in mind we have seen this before. We are all on here as much fans as you are, have been or will be in the future and if we do go down to L2 then most on here will still be attending more gmes than you. still you are entitled to your opinion.

9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

10. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Dai - I don't think there are any muppets on this Board, just Swans' fans who care.

Whilst they may have a different opinion to yourself, or possibly articulate things differently to you, but it doesn't make them - or me - a muppet.

We are all entitled to an opinion - I know from what you've posted previously that you only value your own opinion and don't necessarily care for anyone else's perspective.

Nevertheless, people have, in my view, justifiable concerns about recent events.

For what it's worth, relegation per se doesn't "bother me" in the sense that I have always expected that, at some point, we will eventually fall through the trap door. However, what does concern me, and I suspect very many others on this Forum (& other Forums) is the nature of how we seem to be capitulating - seemingly sinking without a "fight" and having abandoned our basic principles, including "local" ownership and our style of play.

But to say that you hope we go down to Division 2 is I trust an over-reaction on your part which, deep down, you don't really mean. But if that's your "opinion", then hey oh, you are entitled to it.

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Im only agreeing with everyone......And as far as not going to games then most on here dont go and those who do are mad paying £30+ to watch a football game......I would love it if they would charge more......<ok>

12. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I'm with Dai on the transfers in the Summer and hope that the new owners are more positive both with outgoings and incomings jn January. Some seem to think you can change things overnight when in reality things take time.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  13. trundles left foot

They had time, plenty in fact as I am sure some sides signed players in august or maybe they didn't. I don't buy we couldn't sign anyone are you telling me we don't have a scouted list of players wanted.

14. trundles left foot

15. Taffvalerowdy

Makes himself look like he's a rabbit in the headlights - as he was in the first half against United

16. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

" I don't think there are any muppets on this board " ...except the two up in the private balcony

17. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Dai, quite recently someone referred to you as being "an idiot". You immediately went running to the mods demanding the offender be censured.

Now YOU use the word "muppets" to describe some who post here.

Muppet is a derogatory word, meaning the person/s is/are "stupid, incompetent, idiotic, or someone who is not quite there".

Are you now going to request that you be censured ?

18. Taffvalerowdy

Now, I hope you don't mean me & Vetch?

19. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Surely ...

20. Taffvalerowdy

.... and ....

DragonPhilljack and LIBERTARIAN like this.