1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our future

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Nov 14, 2016.

1. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

They had plenty of time to strengthen the squad when they took over and failed. They had the option of employing a manager who was up to it but the failed. So yes I am blaming them as well as HJ, they are not blameless and have invested ZERO in to the club.

2. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

One thing is certain there will be nobody putting their hand in their pocket. The new owners bought the club for £67 million ( Documented) they will fund that from money from sky. They will risk nothing! as a club it will take a long while to recoup that, Jenkins and co picked up the club for £1 million they were prepared to lose that in order to keep the club solvent. We were blessed with good fortune with the promotions and getting the right manager to take us forward. It was hard work and an enjoyable journey for fans and directors etc.But now we are a business in all sense of the word, maybe this is the way it had to go and if we have people in charge who have the skills to do that we will be ok. But the the problem is we have not got time we are already adrift and panic has set in.

Stumpy and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  3. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

Just popped onto your board to see how you were dealing with being as bad as we are and I was surprised to see this thread.

I always had you down as a well run club with owners from the local community who had pride in the town and its people. \i have obviously taken my eye off the ball and missed the take over. That might explain the changes in manager and you dip in form compared to the end of last season when you seemed to have turned a corner, very much the same as we had.

So its a question of who makes up the three at the end od the season with the two of us by the looks of things,

4. Newportswan

The new owners knew exactly what they were buying. Nobody can complain about Jenkins and co taking dividends (They had £4 million cash in the bank in 2014) and the club was run well. The problem i have is they all saw a chance to make millions and they took it knowing the trouble this would leave the club in. When they took the club on after Petty there should of been something in place so they could not sell the shares.They have been well rewarded for their small investment I think it was £50k to £180k each. £50k returned £5 million in 10 years apart from all the dividends not bad. So for all the talk of them being fans and doing it for the love of the club is bull***t.

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

This is a way over the top ridiculous thing to say...

6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Not sure myself , you have the support and some financial where with all to stay up and if not then you've proved in the past that you can bounce back. Us if we go down then I'm afraid it's down for a while , what got us to the PL has long gone now , we never had money but an ethos and reasonably high standards in terms of how the Club was run , now who knows whats going to happen , the rats have taken their 30 pieces of silver and left us in a vunerable position not only in the PL but as a Club regardless of some may believe .Still a lot of points to play for but are our players going to try and win some remains to be seen .

DragonPhilljack and Newportswan like this.
  7. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Naughton , VDH , Mawson , Kingsley
    Barrow , Fulton , Fer , Cork , Montero
    a new striker ....
    Ditch Fernandez , Ki , Siggy , Baston , Llorente for a bit of cash .
    If necessary , Championship here we come .

8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

regardless who what or why If the striker doesn't have the ball then how can he score ?, long hopeful punt upfield probably isn't the most effective way of giving your strikers a chance wouldn't you agree .

Stumpy and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  9. seabreeze

I agree , I just don't know why your telling me ?

10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

It's this penny pinching bollocks that's landed us in this mess as it is.
    Stuff the cash, we need to spend a shed load of it in January.

11. seabreeze

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear , my post is about post Premier League football AFTER we , POSSIBLY , get relegated .
    I think the team I posted is made of players who will stay and give us a good chance to get back up within two seasons with a few minor changes . just my opinion

12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

They are not good enough to keep us in the PL. The championship is a different animal. Fer, Montero, Barrow etc would not be able to cope in that division.

13. seabreeze

That's all I'm saying valley , if we drop that's not a bad team I posted IMO .
    Some of the ones I say get rid of in the summer , I only say that because , on the most part I think these will be players who will not want to play with us in the Championship and we wouldn't be able to keep paying their wages ....Might as well grab the best money we can .

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Thats two posts now where you've picked me up on quoting ing and responding to you , cheers , have a good life .

15. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Not sure where some of you think all the money is coming from to 'buy big' in January. Most of the TV money goes on wages and you need to sell players at a profit jut to keep your heads above water. Indeed, I don't know what the yanks were thinking of when they bought the club off the owners. They must have had a plan but I'm buggered if I can work out what it was. Unless they were convinced you would stay on the top rank for some years. But what they will do if you go down is anyone's guess. There's no real money to be made in the Championship and it will take some time , if at all, to get back up. it's times like this you need a rich owner, and preferably one who's as mad as a box of frogs, to keep everything going!!!!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  16. swanseaandproud

Nobody can complain about Jenkins...<laugh> that's a good one......

17. swanseaandproud

You got to laugh that you think the new owners can go out and buy players <doh> Who was going to chose these players ? Jenkins was put in charge while the Americans found their way around and they have still done more away from the playing side than the last lot did in 3 years......You must be off your trolley if you thought they would come straight in and everything would be hunky dory .....What planet are you all on.....? Now tell me how could they come in and strengthen ?....With whom and who will choose what players we need ? Come back to reality and accept the Americans did not know how good a squad we were and had to rely on what they were told........They now know but cant do anything about it until the window opens .....There will still be enough time to get out of the bottom 3 but if not then that's the way the cookie crumbles and we will have to try and bounce straight back up........

18. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

I thought Gary monk was doing ok for you, dodgy getting an American in who has not managed in the premier league. We SAFC know what you are going through at the minute, I am expecting Moyes to take the Scotland job !

19. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

20. Newportswan

Just before you play us. Big Sam back in the dugout and another three points to you with another couple of offside goals. This is Our Future!