1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our future

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Nor me , I've got to face going to Everton and Spurs away ,thank God I'm away the week of Middlesbrough I couldn't take another drubbing :grin:

2. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Williams was in charge for 10 games as a temporary manager so that doesn't count . His coaching credentials look ok and he was a defender so may sort our defence. out Stop being so negative.

Stumpy likes this.
  3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Its very difficult at the moment. I said when Bradley came in I was going to try and look at the positives, I am still trying to find just a glimpse of one.

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

i'm free as a coach as well. I can bring over some chinese experience and give the club of swansea some much needed exposure to the asian markets!

Stumpy likes this.
  5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Please don't tell me what to feel ,thanks . His coaching credentials have really taken him to the dizzy heights hasn't it .We now officially have the blind leading the blind , fugging clueless. What does this appointment leave Curtis I wonder .we really are leaderless with the rats still clinging on and the prospect of the yanks finest being linked to the club then there is only one level we're heading and it's not up.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

We could have had Chinese investment as could have had the City but Jenkins and co wanted the money in their pockets and not the Clubs so no thanks , it would be a case of too little too late .Any way I hear Kristian O'leary's coming back as a so I'm sure we'll be fine coaching wise .

7. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

The problem is most of us remember days playing teams like Workington Town and Aldershot my sons have never heard of them. I can be hard enough motivating them to watch West Brom, Sunderland and Palace. God knows what will happen if we went down!

8. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

We may have to go there again, before it improves.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. Nosugarman1

I'm feel just as down as everyone else but trying, although difficult, to remain positive.

10. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

As Lampard is leaving the US, any takers for him for a season or two? I would, think he would be a great addition and provide the box to box midfielder we need.

11. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

He's probably too mobile for our midfield.....<whistle>

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Football is all about swings and roundabouts and we have had a great decade of success but we have been relying not only for other clubs to be worst than us but also trying to stay up on the cheap and not surprisingly our bad management has finally caught us up and the only surprise to me is that it's taken this long....
    We are not down yet whatever anyone says but the current management team have been left with an up hill task and it's all too easy to shift all the blame on to them.
    Like i said we are not down yet but the odds are not looking good but that is down to lack of investment and selling key players and replacing them with unsuited cheap players through bad management making a few million for themselves before they sold us out.....
    Now we have new owners and new management who are unable to bring players in and must work with what we have been left with after key players have gone to other clubs and that is a very difficult to make a success of whoever is the manager as we have not been a good side for a few seasons when we had the key players with us, Instead of being all negative and blaming everybody under the sun look at the circumstances that has brought us here in the first place and without any choice accept the situation we are in......So what if we go down, plenty of teams have and came back up stronger and maybe just maybe and we are far from down yet as it is not the end of the world and we will bounce back.......

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Theres a lot of that I agree and some I don't with but my negativity is caused by not the fact that we look likely to go down but in the manner of it. This isn't about the PL but the fact that we are now as a Club in a position such as many haven't experienced before , a dramatic statement it may appear to be but we are now owned by the type of people who our previous Board took great delight in telling the world and anyone else who would listen of how they drove out of Swansea . Who will rescue us should the worst happen and we fall not just down to the Championship but further , we were lucky that the undisputed champion of the Club Mel Nurse was a true Jack not some phoney shysters aka Jenkins & Co , who could /would be our next champion should the yanks bleed us dry and walk away . As you say swings and round a bouts but the what hurts is the fact that the so called protectors of the Club turn out to be the ones who are now causing our demise without a second thought .All so different no that long ago
    Jenkins November 2014

"Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

14. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

This is the year when everyone was staying in the Prem to get their 100 million quid. Where the fugg is ours and what are we doing with it??

15. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Probably overpay for players from DC United and Inter Milan......

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I cant see what these guys can do until they have access to player improvement......There is progress behind the scenes as we have seen with an introduction of a COO and the owners regularly over here having meetings in attempt to sort the stadium out. They have recruited money men to join them in America and our publicity has never been higher. I'm in New york at the moment and you will be surprised how many people have recognized my swans top and are well informed too....I think once the Americans are able to spend money we will be on the up again, They are not here to be losers that you can bet on but unfortunately they cant do anything with the playing side of things yet and it is also unfortunate that we have had the toughest start to a season that we have ever had and with all that it is know wonder we are where we are and it is very frustrating to see.... I firmly believe that we will come out of this a stronger side and this is nothing more than one massive blip caused by the previous Boardroom and although we may go down which is not by any means a certainty yet we will come out of this a better and much stronger club....

17. Nosugarman1

Having read about Williams in WOL he could turn out to be a good appointment.

seabreeze, Stumpy and swanseaandproud like this.
  18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Fredericksburg Gunners

Head coach for 2 months....relieved of duties before the season started!!!

Team Solent

Williams was first team coach at Hampshire Premier League side Team Solent during the 2010–11 season

Eastleigh 2011

Assistant manager/first team coach.....lasted 30 days

Gosport 2014/2015

Backroom staff....lasted 4 months

Brentford 2015

Logistics Manager??? Assistant Coach/ then demoted to Coach of the Developement Squad...all these jobs in 5 months, then left.

19. Nosugarman1

Is this the same Williams who managed the England under 20's and won 5 out of six games with them.

seabreeze likes this.
  20. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

You are taking the ****ing piss!!

Team Solent are ****, same league as Fareham Town, who my boy played for granted not in 2010 but a poor team, mainly composed of University players, cracking facilities mind!!

Ian Baird managed Eastleigh in 2011, they did win the Hampshire Cup!! :)

I will do some routing around on Gosport, know a lad who was a player for them, but left on a duel contract to play for Fareham.

We have become a laughing stock, hell for someone with experience we could have got Tim Sherwood in as a number 2.