1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Other teams ends you have been in?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

We were on the 18yd line that night, besides watching the Kop applaud City at the end my abiding memory was of the brilliant performance of Martin Scott.

Imo, since the late 60s our best LB.

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Only once in my life did I do that terrible thing and of all places it was the original Den. My soon to be bride decided to join me and so there we were all festooned with our City scarves heading to see Millwall vs City and if my memory serves me correctly it was an end of season midweek fixture at the most inhospitable place on earth. I believe City scored the winner close to the end and we decided to exit stage right hoping to get home alive. We both had bruises on our legs and were denied entry to a pub close to the ground to have a nerve settler and to let the mob subside. Please remember I am a very old guy but I can confirm that this happened back in 1963/64/65 and if there is anybody willing to research my recollections it would be nice to know that the old noggin still works. I think it was a Division 3 fixture.

I think I actually found the answer, but anyone else?

3. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

April 20th 1964. Won 1-0 at Millwall and finished 5th, Division 3.

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I was working nights when we earned the replay at Anfield. My manager was at the game.
    As soon as the final whistle went, I filled in the handwritten holiday request for the night off so I could go to the game. My manager had to authorise it.
    How my manager laughed as he ripped it up and threw it in the bin before submitting his own.
    We couldn’t both take the same night off as there always had to be a senior member of staff on site.
    I’ll never forgive him for that. Blatant abuse of authority.

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I’m surprised you didn’t get a sudden attack of the runs/flu & COVID:emoticon-0105-wink:, you could have been the first recorded case ever <laugh><laugh>

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  6. bcfcredandwhite

Tbf it probably saved me from a huge fight with the Mrs - we had young children back then and no money and she was stressed out - I dont think me disappearing on an expensive jolly to Liverpool on the piss would have gone down very well!!!

AshtonRed likes this.
  7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Eastville for a 0-0 draw in the early 80s when we were both about to be relegated back to the old 3rd division

And Reading when we won 3-1 in the 1990a when Lee Mathews scored twice

8. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

back in the 90s,was on holiday in javea when my wifes spanish cousin a valladolid fan, asked if i fancied going to the mestral to watch them play valencia,the dopey sod managed to get us into the home end, where we spent 90 mins surrounded by valencian ultras,i loved it but he spent the whole 90 mins absolutely bricking it, still wind him up about that,

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Went to Bulgaria fo watch England under Keegan and went in with the Bulgarians. Good as gold the locals. Remember asking a Bulgarian where the toilets and the answer was where is your midfield!

10. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Javea, my favourite place in Spain!!!...changed a bit since since then...

11. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

with you there mate,dont know how well you know it but was very,very, lucky that one half of my wifes family are spanish and kept a villa in the hills above arenal and an apartement on avenida alexander fleming down in the port, not been back for a while; but was a lovely place,

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  12. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I'm a Sunderland fan and stood in the Stretford End to watch our semi-final against Man Utd. It didn't take them long to twig that I was a foreigner. They were great, though. All game.

Then we knocked them out on penalties and I couldn't contain myself. On the way out, at least a handful of people were pushed into me or the old banging against me when walking past. I made sure I was never a million miles away from a steward <laugh>

13. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Up until the pandemic me and the other half stayed 2/3 weeks 3 to 4 times a year there in a Villa we rented whom was owned by what became a friend, but unfortunately sold it the end of last year....I was interested, but was a bit too late....beautiful place, not too far away from Pinosal, high up with beautiful view of the sea and MontGo.. Love the Arenal, (Bambula a fav) the Port and the old town...got to know it really well..If I could I would move their tomorrow. (family here holds me back).!!

wings-of-a-crow likes this.
  14. bcfcredandwhite

We’re off over to Benalmádena in 4 weeks time - love that area. The wife and I are learning Spanish - ready for our retirement adventure.

Pity about the fking 90 day rule …:headbang: … but that’s for another thread….

oneforthebristolcity likes this.