1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The new Brexit Party will be available by then.....what a good job we can't vote for the SNP or the DUP.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm starting a new party called the "Ban Ginstersnotpasties Party"

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just imagined biting into one now and getting that soggy pastry taste and that aroma from the filling. Does actually make your stomach churn thinking about it!

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I could get elected on that platform as the support for banning them would be great indeed. Could be on to a winner. Do 6 months as an MP, resign and then get a pension for life immediately.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been reading the various tales of woe on the beeb football site of clubs in trouble currently. If this keeps going there will only be a handful of clubs not in trouble and we could be in Europe by default this time in a couple of seasons. I cannot believe that some of the current lot of owners did not realise that there isn't really a buck to be made from lower football and only a handful in any league ever make money. They must surely know when they buy in that they will only get out again when they have lost sufficient and the novelty wears off.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We hear that Spurs made a profit last year of £113 million, a world record....yet we're told that their new stadium cost £1billion to build and to get up running.

I know that I haven't been to school for awhile....but I find it difficult to workout how their profit has paid for a bill of £1billion development cost....aren't they in debt for years to come....what are they charging for a season ticket I wonder.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Nothing has changed in the mainly two party by-election in Newport West last night....Labour beat Tory in a 37% turn-out.

What was noticeable last night was that UKIP came easily third....this is the party that has swung hard to the right......no resemblance to the party I used to support under Farage......even with the fruit and nut case Neil Hamilton as their candidate and 'advised' by the far-right activist Tommy Robinson they did far better than the Lib-Dems and the local welsh party Plaid Cymru....just imagine how they would have done without the joke that is Neil Hamilton and without Robinson in tow.

Eleven Candidates were put up.....but no Raving Looney candidate....maybe they had too many taking that position already to bother.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a political re-alignment in British political system as great as the one in which Labour took the Liberals' place in the Big Two.

Hopefully the extremists on both sides will be left as ineffectual minorities but polarisation is growing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

This is probably more appropriate for the Mad, Mad World section.....nevertheless I'll put it here.

The Cooper Bill, which would delay Brexit, was passed by one vote.....and one of those votes was from Fiona Onasanya, the convicted criminal and MP for Peterborough, released from imprisonment on Feb 26th. Previously, Ms Onasanya had limited herself to perverting the course of justice.....now she took a giant step forward and perverted the course of British History.

How can a jailbird Member of Parliament, who represents one of the most fervent Leave constituencies in the country, score the winning goal on the final minute for Remain. How can such a scoundrel be permitted to vote on matters which effect our national future when she has been cast out of the Labour Party and has worn the Anklet of Shame.

Daily Telegraph...05/04/2019.

PS.....My MP Joe Johnson (little brother)....didn't vote at all.....:steam:.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ms Fiona Onasanya, Chosen because she,"ticked all the identity-politics boxes", was apparently so shocked when she squeaked the seat by 607 votes that she barely managed to splutter out a 30-second speech.

Arriving at Westminster, the 34 year old was seemingly "totally out of her depth". After nine months, with inadequate support, she was "really struggling" with a backlog of "800 unanswered emails".

When she got into trouble with the police for two speeding incidents in July and August 2017, she claimed (with her brother Festus) that someone else was driving. Any sane person would have put their hands up and admitted that, under huge personal strain, they had acted to protect their brother. That might of been enough to save her reputation and her career. But Onasanya persisted in foolish falsehoods and ended up in court on a charge of perverting the course of justice. At a retrial in December 2018, she was found guilty and immediately suspended from the Labour Party. She was the first sitting female MP to be jailed. Bizarrely, Onasanya continued to protest her innocence. On her release, she issued a frankly potty video statement in which she appeared, for no apparent reason, against a backdrop of a New York skyline. The disgraced MP also claim defiantly that she was in good Biblical company, "Christ was accused and convicted by the courts of his day."
    Yes he was, but not for speeding.

Daily Telegraph.....05/04/2019

My thoughts.....Is this a case of political correctness going completely raving mad.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

What has "political correctness" got to do with this? This is a case of an MP telling lies to the Police and getting jailed for the privilege. The rules she is governed by allow her to continue in her job. Wrongly in my opinion but she doesn't make the rules. If she is allowed to vote on legislation and does then there is nothing wrong with that in law. Your MP however could have voted and didn't do what he was put into Parliament to do.

If the thing had been defeated by one vote I wonder just how miffed you would have been. My thoughts are you are miffed because you lost a vote. You know how it feels now don't you. Losing a close vote is never going to change the opinion of the one who lost and they look to find a reason to rubbish it. It was swung by a person known to tell lies. Oh now where does that sound familiar?

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think she was chosen as they say to....'tick all the right boxes'....not because she was the best candidate.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have just read the story of a Rhino poacher in Africa who was trampled on by an Elephant and then eaten by lions. The poetic justice there is in that story is immense. I want to know how animals learned to tenderise their meals before eating and if the Lion pays Elephants to do the job. I so want that to be true.

14. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Yea my Son just sent me that story.
    Now there's a Team for you.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's where animals differ from humans BC. Humans shoot something and leave the bits they don't want to litter the planet. Not animals. Not only do they rid the place of vermin but they clean up after themselves as well. The perfect eco system.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have just heard on the Sports News that Blackpool, despite having been placed in Administration previously are not to have a 12 point deduction. Whilst I have no wish to see any club in trouble I think this decision flies in the face of what is the norm. Every other club that has gone into Admin has suffered a points deduction without exception. This decision however is considered a good one both for Blackpool and the rest of the football league. How is it good for Plymouth or even Luton who got 20 points and ended up in the Conference. I fail to understand how this is fair.

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that I agree with it but the reason that the court put Blackpool into receivership was to force a resolution of a dispute between Oyston and Valeri Belokon rather than because it couldn't pay its bills.

It is however an example of the abysmal corporate governance that's rife in football clubs that wouldn't be tolerated in other industries..........

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Yes I heard that earlier in the car.....Plymouth actually got relegated... didn't they ...one season because of their 10pt deduction....no consistency there.

12pts deducted would have slotted them just behind Argyle on 46pts.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

pasoti have updated their site....the regulars are saying how wonderful it is.....must be only me then that finds it strange and not easy to use....or is it because I'm using Internet Explorer still.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It looks and seems the same as most fans forums around these days. Neither easier nor more difficult I've found.

As for the Blackpool thing, I still say I've no particular wish for clubs to get hammered but there surely has to be fair play in the rules. It doesn't matter how you get into Administration it should be the fact that you got there.