1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Thanks for your story Plym We all have story's to tell, for me it was visiting Mother in a Home and she not knowing who i was.
    Enjoy life while we can.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear about your Mum BC....very difficult....bad enough just visiting a friend.

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Saw Jamille Matt having a stormer for Newport against Leicester yesterday evening.

Scored the first with a far post header in a well deserved win for Newport but his first touch hasn't improved!

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

During his loan spell with us.... including Cup games he averaged a goal every two games....not many better than that for Argyle since the turn of the century.

14 games....7 goals....:emoticon-0148-yes:.

He's scored 14 goals in 32 League and Cup games this season for Newport.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to say I liked him when he was here. Watched him with interest yesterday and he did well. I think Newport were worthy winners of that one and Leicester got what Leicester deserved out of the game. Nothing.

Watched the Wolves v Liverpool game for a while tonight as well and have to say that Liverpool paid the price for playing their 2nd choicers. Got no sympathy and Wolves looked like they wanted it far more than them. Also got out of the game what they (liverpool) deserved which was nothing. These clubs, as soon as they get a sniff of Champions League or the Prem title, have no respect for competitions like the FA Cup. It was a poor game for Prem standards which is why I only watched some of it.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'll always watch a game if I know that Liverpool will lose.

Interesting watching the 4th round draw....only four teams left in the pot.....and they were ...Arsenal, Spurs, Man U and C Palace.

8. notDistantGreen

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Wow....David Fox has 75% of 675 votes at the moment....including mine.

10. notDistantGreen

Other complain that winners always come from the clubs with the biggest and most active fan bases. If you've got it, flaunt it!

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I thought the goal at Rochdale was much better. The second one that is.

12. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Greetings, Gillingham fan in peace.

Am looking for some storage in Plymouth for a possible website launch for mainly antique furniture, happy to pay a commission on each sale for an agreed percentage.

https://jamesince62.wixsite.com/goldencottage/shop

Contact me for further details

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Greens on Screen are reminding us today that it is 52 years since the famous away win at the Old Den against Millwall.

They were unbeaten at home in the league for 3 years.....59 matches....Argyle's hadn't won away for 9 months and only had 2 away points that season at the time.

The Old Den was a pretty rough place to go in those days and wearing your teams colours was not a clever choice.

I went to this game because I was a green.....not expecting anything but a drubbing, our away record that season was a total embarrassment.

We took a 2-0 lead and I believe they got one back just before half-time.....the signs were not good for the second-half, the pressure was building and the home fans were roaring on their team and it certainly turned into a tin hat occasion around the Argyle penalty area.....but they held on for the win.

Millwall was near the Port of London Docks and most of the crowd were stevedores wearing Port of London Authority duffle coats having come off the morning shift via the many Pubs around the area.....you didn't see too many women in the crowd in those days it was a tough place to be.

Sneaking out of the ground as best I could along Cold Blow Lane under the railway arches along the cobble stone road back toward my car, keeping a straight face until I was away towards Greenwich was achieved with difficulty....I heard about the Argyle coach being attacked with some windows being broken later....I bet that was a damn cold trip back to Plymouth that evening.

Good grief was that 52 years ago....that was one of two games I have never forgotton....the other one was Arsenal v Man U....1957....four days before the Munich Air Disaster.

14. notDistantGreen

My memory of a game when you wished to stuff a handkerchief in your mouth to keep yourself quiet was an away League Cup tie at QPR, then in the top tier, many moons ago.

I met a school friend, also a student in London, to go to the game. He was late and so it was a scramble to get into the ground before kick off. In those days, you could pay cash at the turnstile so we shot into the first entrance we came to. We emerged into the ground right behind the goal at the home end. Argyle by some outlandish miracle, won if I remember rightly by 3 or 4 to nil, with a number of goals going in right in front of us. We did not move and we did not speak......

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

how big a storage place, as we have 2 units and some space in one of them.. but cant offer all the bottom of the unit , but can split it..

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Got my computer fixed and up and running now thanks to the daughter. Back to where I was before it cost me £70. The main problem was the power cable which came with the computer originally. It was telling the machine that it wasn't the right one for it and therefore it wouldn't connect and charge. Sounds potty to me but that was the message that was coming up on it when I switched it on. Got a new one and it is fine so it must have been that. Baffles me completely and if I had to sort any of it out myself I would be fecked.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It wasn't the on/off switch ?....tricky things to use at times....switch em on and they start spending money......:rolleyes:.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's the only thing I can manage to suss out.

19. notDistantGreen

On Plym's Millwall comment, a fan had their face slashed in fighting after yesterday's FA Cup game against Everton. Injuries are not life threatening but a very unpleasant incident nevertheless.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bad time to kick-off on a Saturday.....too much drinking time before the match.....a week day evening would mean less away fans wandering around....horrible area after dark to be in if your an away fan.

Didn't it rain....there was a period when the far side of the pitch was not to visible on camera.