1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You're lucky we have fog n' rain. And yes I mean that exactly as it sounds when you say it.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now hot and sunny spells.....but of course too late.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I watched some of the news this evening. The who said what about whom story is so amusing. To say the lovers have fallen out is putting it mildly. Cummings said Boris thought Hancock was a cock. Boris then said "Oh no I didn't" in true pantomime tradition. Hancock said "we all love each other except that nasty lying Cunnings" or words to that effect. Cummings now publishes exchanges between him and Boris which say Boris thought Hancock was a cock. The moral to the story being if you are going to lie about something which the two clowns clearly have then you have to make damn sure you only ever said something verbally in private and never never never put it in writing anywhere especially on the messaging places.

Anytime soon Boris is going to say once more "I've dealt with this and won't be answering anything more so move along". The blinkered will of course do exactly as he says and no doubt he will get away with something else. I can only think of one reason why a whole lot of people are still saying Boris and chums is doing great is because they voted for Brexit and him and don't want to admit they ballsed it all up. Having fecked up the fishermen and the Irish it is now the turn of the farmers.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

As they noted on the news this morning, all this does is make Hancock's position unassailable. Johnson can hardly be seen to sack him at Cummings' behest.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I still cannot understand why some people still think that Boris and chums are worthy of voting for and have said and still do that they are doing a good job. I fail to understand why any of the current ministers still have a job. They have systematically bolloxed pretty much everything. Not only that but have systematically lied about most of it as well. Having done both the media seem to be allowing them to get away with it unchallenged along with the weakest opposition in centuries. What exactly will it take before somebody somewhere takes action.

6. notDistantGreen

Well they haven't voted for them in Amersham where there's been a landslide win for the Lib Dems.

Part of that is probably due to HS2, which will tear through lovely countryside nearby with no benefit to local residents. Voters would much prefer spending on their commuter routes into London.

This very much traditional Southern Tory territory. Homeowners, higher rate rax payers, Remainers, elitist rather than populist.

They're sick of pandering to the ne'er-do-well Brexiteer Northers who have recently and almost certainly temporarily converted to Tory voters.

Like me, they voted Tory in the council elections but won't vote Tory for the particular group of Brexit liars and charlatans who are running the national government.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Summer solstice today......wet, cold and dingy.....sounds about right.

8. notDistantGreen

A milestone today.

I've driven my first electric car, or at least a hybrid which uses electrical power when it can at low speed with a petrol engine which kicks in only at higher speed or when the battery needs charging. Mine's in for a service and so I've been lent it as a courtesy car. I thought it was exceptionally quiet when I drove away! As I'm sure you know, an electric motor produces maximum torque at 0 RPM, unlike an internal combustion engine, so it's like a scalded cat away from the lights. It seems to do some funny thing that I haven't fully worked out when slowing down though. It actually seems to speed up a little if you take your foot right off the throttle and move to the brake. I presume that's because it's doing some sort of regenerative braking i.e. storing the car's kinetic energy back in the battery as you slow. You get used to it but it's weird at first. All in all, I like it!

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

My first electric car was at the Fun Fair......the dodgems to be exact.

10. notDistantGreen

Got my own car back now. Wallet's £400 lighter! Selected highlights:

Labour £179.93 + VAT
    Particulate oil filter £41.27 + VAT
    Oil £68.70 + VAT (100% synthetic 0W -30)
    AdBlue £25.00 + VAT
    Screenwash £4.93 + VAT (I was sure that was full!)

And that's a small first service! God help me if I get to the second one, that's got to be £600! Don't even get free newspaper, coffee and biscuits due to the lockdown!

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rolls Royce have always been expensive.

12. notDistantGreen

I saw one of those RR SUV's on the Tamar Bridge yesterday.

please log in to view this image

Now if that's not Windsor Castle on wheels, I don't know what is. Not for me thanks, not even if I had all the money in the world. Now a nice AMG I could live with.

please log in to view this image

But no, mine's neither brand, bought for 70% of list price as a 6 month old demonstrator with 3,000 miles on the clock. I never buy new cars unless there's some special deal, the 1st week depreciation is too high. If you want to keep the warranty alive, you have to have it serviced at the dealer and they milk that for all it's worth.

Attached Files:

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Here we go again with yet another scandal in the Boris Cabinet. This is almost becoming a weekly event these days. This time it's Hancock who probably wishes he could put a "d" in the middle of his surname and that he had practiced it. Boris reaction. He said sorry so end of story. The hypocrisy of this bunch has no boundaries at all does it.

Firstly he broke his own rules after he made a member of his team resign previously for much the same thing. Secondly he was using his taxpayers place of work for his "fling" whilst at work. If that was anyone else in almost any work place they would not have time to zip up before they were fired. He hired his "fling" who earns around £1000 a day for her work (£15k for approx 15 days work). He is effectively her boss when in the Office which raises all sorts of questions on it's own. On a private level he shows no loyalty to his family. So he said sorry and Boris says that's ok no story left move along. My opinion of this cretinous bunch surely can't get any lower than this. Worse still there were people ringing into the afternoon beeb show on R2 saying he should carry on. Work that is not his love life. What will it take for some people to wake up and smell the rot.

14. notDistantGreen

What concerns me more than some inappropriate behaviour in the workplace is how did a newspaper, if the Sun is a newspaper rather than a toilet paper substitute, get a camera into a government building? Bloody good job he isn't Minister of Defence isn't it?

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think you might not have to look further than a member of the security service at the building. Just check which one has just booked an expensive holiday somewhere and that will be your man. Just how thick do you have to be to not realise there are security cameras in your place of work.

I personally don't care who got the info or how to be honest. My concern is the arrogance of this lot who think they can do anything and there are no consequences. They really do think they are a cut above the rest of us and that they don't have to abide by the same rules they make. With all of this sleaze going on and for them to just say move along no story or it's finished and we won't talk about it anymore is beginning to point to a dictatorship rather than a democratic country. The public should be outraged but it seems not so much. If this goes on and becomes the norm what then? This is the party or bunch that got them Brexit so anything goes? It's a very slippery slope to go down.

16. notDistantGreen

Don't let the media fool you Plym. Most of them are malign influences. Sneaking a camera in involves criminality of some sort to do what? Take a picture of two adults snogging? FFS.

See my post regarding the murder of Daniel Morgan and watch the documentary.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You almost sound as if you approve of what they were doing at work notdistant....... Yep the media are a sneaky bunch of no good bounders that's for sure. However in this case I find no problem in them revealing the double standards being shown. I'm not so sure they snook cameras in anywhere this time. As I understood it the picture came from CCTV in the building. I also believe there is more and much more revealing.

Anyway at last and after a great deal of pushing Hancock has finally resigned. He should have been sacked but obviously Boris thinks his behaviour was fine for a married man with 3 kids. Bonking at work obviously should be encouraged not punished. I clearly retired too soon.

18. notDistantGreen

I don't approve of betraying his wife and children no, of course not but a bit of hanky panky is of no significance compared to matters of state.

Today's Times describes it as "a covert camera" and says inquiries are being made as to how it got there. Just think on that, a covert camera in a Government ministry, Clearly Hancock didn't know it was there and if he didn't, then it wasn't meant to be there was it and someone put it there illegally didn't they?.

No doubt the investigation will come to nothing because the people who govern us run scared of the slimeballs in the tabloid press,

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

They don't need to put one in the MOD. They take their sensitive papers and scatter them to the four winds in the street these days apparently. Would have been a hanging offence in my days of Service.

20. notDistantGreen

Hmm so the Russians claim to have fired upon HMS Defender (sort of) and papers saying "we expected it, all under control, nothing to see here" are left lying about. Coincidence.... or not?