1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The same story was covered in the 6:30 evening bulletin in longer form. There was film of him in the car but the bit showing him driving with one hand was omitted. Obviously somebody had belatedly realised what they were showing......

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did you get a cup of tea down the Pavillions today sensible ?

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This isn't the affluent South East plym. I got a sit down for 15 minutes and then let out for good behaviour.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Tea and Coffee available at Guys Hospital.....what did they give you the Oxford or the Pfizer vaccine.

PS.....No bickies.....:rolleyes:.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Pfizer. This was the Pqvillions which other than this was closed previously. As it was part of Brent's empire I doubt there was any electricity before this and he sold the rights to use for the pandemic.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Did they give you a time and date for your second dose in early May...or is that only done in up-market Guys.

Haven't heard anything this end about a jab locally....maybe it showed up on a national computer...and they just move on to the next name....at least Mrs Plym got it earlier than she would have expected.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Mine was arranged via a phone call from our Doctor's surgery. They will ring again when the next one is due apparently.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just watched a replay of a penalty decision given to Lincoln today versus Gillingham. There is a thread on pasoti showing it. It is one of the worst dives I think I've ever seen and how any Ref could even think about giving a penalty for it is ridiculous. Apparently it was the same player who dived and got a penalty against us. He has won or stolen depending on your take 5 penalties this season so far. About time the FA looked at these in retrospect and sorted these players out.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I looked at that as well.....do Refs ever do any home work on such players....obviously not.

PS....I've just looked up our 2-0 defeat at Lincoln and they scored one of their goals from the penalty spot....Camara being the player who gave it away....it's not possible to find out anymore from the write up ? (GoS)

Lincoln have been given eleven penalties this season.

Didn't we get our first one not long ago ?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just did a historic look back at our own threads and the Lincoln game was the October one. We ranted a bit about a dive which we all seemed to think was a terrible one and obvious one which the Ref awarded once again. Yep it was the same player. So it does seem to have legs in that this bloke is a serial diver.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been doing something this morning I probably haven't done for close on 20 years....watch live test cricket on Channel 4....India v England....we're at present 530-8.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  12. notDistantGreen

I watched a bit of the Chelsea v Spurs game on TV, which Chelsea won 0-1 by a 24th minute penalty. It was given after Spurs' Eric Dier and Chelsea's struggling £48m striker, Timo Werner tussled.

Dier blocked Werner but fell to the ground in the process and the ball ran loose. From that position, Dier swung a leg to clear the ball, which he had a perfectly good chance of doing, when Werner placed his foot in Dyer's path, took the contact, and went down as though shot.

Now to me, if Werner blocks Dier from playing the ball, while making no attempt to play the ball himself, than that's a foul against Werner, not in his favour. The dive was a gross exaggeration and deserved a yellow card. But no, a penalty. Sorry, not for me. I wonder where the game is going sometimes.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You do know where it's going notdistant and the cheats will win out in the end as they are doing now. In the end it will ruin the spectacle.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

THE MAD, MAD WORLD OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

'Gender-inclusion' unit lists terms for midwives to use to ensure they do not upset non-binary people.

Midwives have been told to stop using terms such as "breastfeeding" and "breast milk" as part of new trans-friendly policy at an NHS trust.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust is the first in the country to formally implement a gender-inclusive language policy for its maternity services department...which will be known as "perinatal services".

Staff have been told to avoid using the word "mothers" on its own and have been given a list of alternative terms to use when addressing patients, including "mothers or birthing parents", "breast/chestfeeding" and maternal and parental". Instead of saying "breast milk", they can choose from "human milk" or "breast/chest milk" or "milk from the feeding mother or parent".

The changes will be implemented on the trust's website, leaflets, letters and emails. Staff will be asked to use language which reflects people's "own identities and preferences" when talking to patients.

The word "woman" is also to be replaced with the phrase "woman or person" and the term "father" with "parent", "co-parent" or second biological parent", depending on the circumstances.

There has been fierce debate around attempts to reduce the word "woman" in discussions around the subjects including pregnancy and childbirth, provoking ire from some feminists.

JK Rowling, the author was "cancelled" last year after she questioned a decision to use the term "people who menstruate" in a headline.

In a policy document,released this week, it said "Gender identity can be a source of oppression and health inequality.

Daily Telegraph...Wed 10/02/2021.

This article continues in similar vein for a few more paragraphs......

My thoughts.....A new born baby in this modern age will have enough problems to deal with as it grows up....without trying to confuse it with the term "chestfeeding"....I can assure you that it will know that it is being short changed if it is laid on its "co-parent" or " second biological parents" chest when it needs a feed of "human milk"......it will soon tell you what to do with your "perinatal services".

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Over 13 million vaccinations achieved... by the evening of the 10th Feb....so only 2 million more required before 15th.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

PENSIONER FINED FOR PAINTING HIS OWN ZEBRA CROSSING.

A pensioner who painted a zebra crossing on a busy road so his disabled wife could cross safely has been fined £130 by police.

Laurie Phillips was investigated by officers and issued with a community resolution order after taking matters into his own hand when his repeated request to the local council went unanswered. The 78 year-old has been his wife's primary carer for 20 years and has "learnt the difficulties of disability".

The couple convinced the council to install drop kerbs in 2016 for her buggy to be able to cross the road, but have had no luck with the zebra crossing.

The retired psychotherapist rose at 5am and spent several hours painting blocks to form a zebra crossing, which remained there for four days.

Mr Phillips told...The Daily Telegraph...that it worked perfectly.

"It slowed the traffic down and people were able to cross the road. Many locals thanked me for doing it," he said.

Mr Phillips described the police investigation as "using a sledgehammer to crack a nut", saying it had caused him and his wife "unnecessary stress". The busy road approaches Mudeford Quay in Christchurch. Dorset. and as many as 5,000 cars a day go past.

Mr Phillips said he "gave clear warning" to the Council that he would paint the crossing himself if nothing was done. " I paid over a £100 for materials and three of us took two hours each to paint it.

A council spokesman said it would assess the request "to establish whether it is appropriate to create a formal or informal crossing at this location.

Daily Telegraph...Thurs...11/02/2021.

My thoughts.....They didn't ignore him this time did they.

PS....Picture in the paper of his crossing....he only painted the white sections....but it was enough to stop the traffic when requested.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hasbro, the toy manufacturer, is to rebrand Mr Potato Head...in future the family will only be known as Potato Head.

The gender-neutral branding, appearing later this year, is just one change brought in by the firm as it tries to reflect modern day family life.

Kimberley Boyd, senior vice-president, said existing gender identities were limiting and though Mr and Mrs Potato Head were not being killed off, the new toys would take into account single-parent and same sex potato families.

Daily Telegraph..... Fri...26/02/2021.

My thoughts.....As far as I'm concerned this is a load of old...**""!!++==__-- ^^ ''::;;..<<\\||??// ollacks.

18. notDistantGreen

Presumably the new toys will come with interchangeable parts to allow gender reassignment.

God forbid he turns out to be a King Edward. He'll be denied a platform.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Could bury him in a car park in Leicester....sorry I shouldn't say... him....please change that to person....I hope that's gender free.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The trouble with the Potato Head family is they have no balls to protest........................didn't know you were a Daily Star reader plym. To be honest who feckin cares. The entire alphabet has been taken up with one gender thingy or another now and I didn't even know there were that many possibilities in life. My Grannie used to say and I quote, "There's nowt as queer as folk". Thank god she isn't around now or she would be stoned to death anyway. I feel I should remove her photos from the family album.