1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't agree with Donald Trump over many things....but I think he was spot on when asked about Harry & Meghan...He said that he didn't like her much and he wished Harry all the best.
    I think he's going to need it....and one day he'll wake up and wonder how the hell he got into this predicament....she has cut him off from his family and is out there spinning for business....is this the quiet life away from royal duties that he yearned for.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I thought yesterday's news was highly entertaining and informative. The ex Royals called for an end to hate speech, misinformation and negativity. Uncontroversial you'd think, rather like the Queen's Speech every year. Trump's somehow got the idea it was aimed at him. How did he get that idea?

Also the venerable and Liberal Supreme Court judge Ruth Bader has finally passed away despite resolving to stay alive until the Presidential election if she could. As the election is only 6 weeks away, the convention is that the potentially outgoing President should not put a replacement candidate forward. Trump of course wants to put another red neck extremist up to block reforms that a new Democratic President may try to make. A very dangerous, seriously flawed and profoundly undemocratic man-child.

3. notDistantGreen

By the way, former ambassador Kim Darroch who was sacked for accurately reporting the dysfunctional White House Trump had created, has a book coming out.

One of the little snippets that I think came from him is that some way into his Presidency, Trump didn't know the UK had nuclear weapons.

Firstly, we're supposed to be a major ally. Secondly, you'd think a US President would be aware of all countries in possession of weapons of mass destruction. Lastly, you'd think he'd be particularly aware of any country who could kill millions at the touch of a button USING AMERICAN MISSILES.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Surprised that Lee Hodges at 47 years old has sign to PLAY for Plymouth Marjon......:huh:.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Strewth............."she has cut him off from his family"??????????????????/ Where do you get this stuff from?

To say something like that you have to think that Harry has no brain of his own and is led by the bollox by his scheming wife. He has chosen to do what they have done and nobody has forced him into it. One less for us to keep so ok by me incidentally. She is an independent woman who is believe it or not entitled to say whatever she wants to. This is the 21st century not the dark ages where the little woman should shut up and do the dishes. The fact that she doesn't like Donald is a plus for me and shows she has some idea of life. He on the other hand is a sexist pillock who should not be allowed to continue stealing air from this planet. He would be better off in play school rather than the Whitehouse.

6. notDistantGreen

I'm with you again Sensible. And then there's the disgusting red-top newspapers..... all over her when there was a Royal wedding to sell papers with and then... flip the switch, release the paparazzi. Glenda Slagg's the lot of them.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lets hope your right....but I feel it could all end in tears.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

They are now Celebrities and make their living from being one. Definition of Celebrity is simply somebody who is well known and in the public eye constantly. Not known for their talent particularly just paid to be well known is enough. It's now Harry and Megan's sole job to remain in the public eye and be paid for that. That means being in the papers as often as possible. I only get annoyed at that type when they complain about media invasion of privacy. You cannot court publicity on one hand and then complain about it on the other when a picture is taken you didn't want for example. I don't give a fig for either of them but it is the interpretation of Trump's words that I find offensive. He really didn't ought to be in any kind of political or powerful job. I would have loved him to be around in the job when Maggie Thatcher was in charge over here. Try telling Denis that he felt sorry for him and wished him all the best. I can hear the handbag crack the skull now.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see the Covid count in Plymouth has increased by 19 cases to a total of 62 in the last week, that is 24 for every 100,000.

Bromley's figures compared show an increase of 15 cases to a total of 59 in the last week that is 18 for every 100,000......Bromley's population is roughly 330,000 so in recent weeks you've overtaken us or we have improved.

Over the complete Covid period...Plymouth have registered 89 deaths....Bromley have registered 346 deaths.

Article in the paper today.....

The Royal Navy has confirmed a Covid outbreak on HMS Richmond, a Type-23 frigate currently moored in Devonport, Plymouth.

Authorities have not said how many of the 185-strong crew tested positive.

Officials said "a number of" infected individuals were brought ashore for medical treatment. A spokesman said: "A number of personnel have tested positive. These individuals are ashore,. The remaining crew are following appropriate guidelines.

Daily Telegraph...26/09/2020.

There is hope that if things don't get worse.....fans might be admitted to grounds in March.....how many clubs might not reach that date before financially collapsing.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Mad scenes in Trafalgar Square today....thousands of anti Covid rules shutdown demonstrators....no masks...no social distancing....no thought for anyone else.

Police break up demonstration......some just moved on to Hyde Park.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lost patience in the end with my TV remote control yesterday....just worn out with use...quite a few buttons not working without continual pressing to get a response.

So go online and surprised how many variations of my Panasonic remote control there are.....eventually find the right model and order from Amazon the one I need at 1430 hrs....just in time to settle down for the footie.

Today at 1100 hrs my door bell rings and there is a courier with my remote control delivery.....20 hrs 30 mins after ordering....no cost added for delivery....overall cost £9-64.

It got me thinking about the demise of the Post Office and the cost of first class and second class stamps....and they possibly would have charged up to £5 to deliver my small parcel.

Plus less and less collection times....having to driving to a central Post Office for a later collection time.....and now talking of dropping Saturday deliveries.....also the state of postmen and the lack of many of them wearing a uniform or even bothering to look smart.

12. notDistantGreen

Well also the demise of the High Street.

Let's also come to the demise of football. That is not an over statement.

I've been watching Spurs v Newcastle. Spurs have absolutely dominated but the score was only 1-0 with minutes to play. Newcastle have brought on Andy Carroll and are bombarding the Spurs goal.

The ball is thrown up in the air. Dyer challenges Carroll but Carroll gets up higher BEHIND him and heads the ball down. Dyer can't see Carroll and he can't see the ball but it strikes his arm.

Cannot possibly be any intent as he can't see it. But you guessed it, VAR, penalty, ref views the monitor but still gives it. 1-1.

An absolute disgace, absolute idiocy.

**** VAR.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
  13. notDistantGreen

As we get closer to the brink, the stuff that so called Project Fear predicted is proven truer every day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54345882

Someone obviously of the Brexiteer persuasion said "why but stuff from Turkey or Japan, make it here instead". That's someone who believes in that Golden Future stuff we've been fed. There are a couple of problems though.

Firstly, stuff is made where it costs least, you can't reverse that and not harm your business.

Secondly, most of what comes in from Japan is used to assemble Japanese cars here. It's hardly realistic to think that's going to be made in the UK.

Lastly, a more effective solution is to move the assembly out of the UK and into the EU. You can bring the parts in from outside the EU and sell the finished cars to the UK without hitting your European sales.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Received my 75+ TV License bill yesterday.....hoping they had forgotten.....no such luck....and we still can't use our freedom passes before 9am.......:headbang:.

15. notDistantGreen

I fear this Government is going to destroy the BBC. It's one of the few British institutions that comes anywhere close to delivering what it's supposed to.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Nobody has mentioned Donald being hospitalised......................perfect time to prove or disprove his theory on what sorts the thing out. I might put a bottle of Domestos in the post for him.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Liverpool and Man U ship 13 goals between them.....pull the other one....:huh:...<yikes>...:shocked:.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's been a weird week for results. Leicester beat Man City 2 - 5 then West Ham beat Leicester 0 - 3, Followed up by Man U 1 -6 against Spurs, Liverpool losing 7 - 2 to Villa and even Argyle lost 0 - 1 to Hull.....................what has happened for god's sake.

19. notDistantGreen

Some say it's the absence of crowds. Less intensity on the pitch, refs more likely to give outrageous decisions......

Possibly the late finish to 19/20 compounded by an International break disrupted pre-season and many games have been forced into the schedule to catch up.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not much in the way of home advantage without home fans chanting.....no build up of pressure.