1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sport

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 29, 2017.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Thanks for the recommendation red - will watch it on my next train ride to Munich <ok:

redcgull likes this.
  2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

"It is one of the greatest moments of my footballing life and career," Lampard said of keeping Everton up. "I have been very fortunate to have amazing times, especially at Chelsea as a player and a coach. But when you feel the feelings and desperation of what relegation brings to the table, it is different.

I can understand what Frank is saying here, and it's all caught up in the emotion of the time & circumstances, but it dos make me laugh when coaches come out with these sound bites stating it's the greatest...!!

Being a Liverpool fan, my emotions are slightly different to some of my Bluenose mates, for obvious reasons. But the fact remains that people jump all over comments like this saying it means more, it's their time, it's our right as a big club etc and it all just makes me laugh a bit...

Good luck to the Everton side of the city, they have been living under the shadow of the Red Men for many a decade now. But they must, must get it right, moving forward as i can see ole Frankie boy in 12 months time saying "it's the greatest moment of my life and career since the last time i said it...!!"

3. redcgull

4. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

I’ve no interest in any particular Premiership club Red least of all Man U but my hunch is he’s a malign influence in the club and they just want him gone. Fergie let him go as kid because he was a wrong un and Woodward stupidly bought him back. Fergie knew.

redcgull likes this.
  5. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

BBC offer an audio commentary by pressing the TMS button top left-hand side. Not available for the cricketing countries, but you can get a clear commentary in Germany, and other European countries, I guess. Listened to this morning's play and it was AOK. One funny thing, for some reason they type-in the words in English a few seconds after they have been spoken, which hardly seems necessary? However, the guy typing this out must have been in a playful mood, as instead of the word 'Lords', he typed-in 'Lourdes'.

Test Cricket at Lourdes, that would be interesting? <laugh>

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    redcgull likes this.
  6. redcgull

What a final days play we have at Trent Bridge at the moment, England chasing a huge 4th innings total of 299 to beat the Kiwis, with Zak Crawley already gone...!!
    It is my favourite form of cricket, the One Day stuff & T20 can be good and brilliant at times but Test Cricket just can't be beat for me.

I just hope that i can get to watch some of it by the time i get home at 5:30 tonight...!!

24-1 after 4 overs, more like a T20 match than a Test Match...!!<laugh><laugh>

SwanHills, Chaninbar and Bustino74 like this.
  7. OddDog

Staff Member

Agreed red. The 4 day county championship is the same (even though Yorkshire are, frustratingly, heading from a good position towards a 6th draw in 7 matches ........................)

Surrey looking very good so far though

redcgull and Bustino74 like this.
  8. SwanHills

*Just watch Middlesex next season, they'll fix the accursed Surrey's waggon! <whistle> ;) :bandit:

(Brother and Sister both born in nursing home very close to the Oval, and I was born on the Middlesex side of the Thames by just a couple of hundred yards).

*Of course, counting on their promotion back to Div.1. Looking good at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  9. redcgull

So a new era of Test cricket begins for the England cricket team as they pull off one of the most extraordinary run chase's to beat the Kiwis with many an over to spare after Jonny Bairstow smashes 132 off 92 balls to cruise past the 299 runs required in the 4th innings...!!<applause><applause>

Not that i want to put a damper on the whole Test and subsequent run chase but it did have me wondering that we are all getting a bit carried away with it. The pitch was just fantastic to play on, the ground is just a big field compared to other grounds, and it was also a very quick outfield. I have all the sympathy in the world for the bowlers who must have hated the strip at times, and the fielders flogging themselves around the outfield, even if it produced a wonderful Test for the punters to watch...

Headingly will be a very different Test all together, and we won't get a track like that up in Leeds, but it will be entertaining all the same, we've been told it will by Baz n Ben...!!<laugh><laugh><laugh>

SwanHills likes this.
  10. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

I hated the idea that you came from the wrong side of the river, so good to hear you didn't.

11. stick

stick Bumper King

Born in Middlesex but lifelong Surrey fan. Due in part to the magnificent John Edrich.
    We are going to have a monster season at the rate we have started.

redcgull likes this.
  12. SwanHills

Right, dad decided to move back to The Smoke' when I was three months old (he got homesick, I guess). So, was brought-up in The Borough, and very first school was the Charles Dickens Elementary.

13. stick

stick Bumper King

US Open selections;

Cameron Smith 25/1
    Sam Burns 30/1
    Sungjae Im 35/1
    Louis Oosthuizen 80/1

redcgull likes this.
  14. redcgull

The US Open looks to be another tough track to score on, it is as their want with the US Open committee, so finding the winner won't be easy as per usual...Gone with the following...
    Matthew Fitzpatrick @ 28/1
    Joaquin Niemann @ 28/1
    Max Homa @ 33/1
    Russell Henley @ 80/1

I also like Sam Burns, nice shout stick, Shane Lowery, Talor Gooch & Seamus Power but you have to stop somewhere when betting against the field...!!<laugh><laugh>

Good luck to all who are playing...<cheers> <ok>

15. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

Red, eight selections! Mmmmmm!
    I’ll just go for one…
    Xander Schauffele @ 35/1.
    Plays well pin US Opens.

16. OddDog

Staff Member

Yorkshire power guiding England to yet another successful 4th innings run chase at Edgbaston. Can I get an “eee bah gum”?

redcgull likes this.
  17. SwanHills

"Duad ma laid",but all I can say is "Do Shau Her!" :emoticon-0105-wink: :emoticon-0100-smile :bandit:

Seriously, bravo to the good men from Yorkshire, what would we do without them! <applause>

OddDog likes this.
  18. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

I notice congratulations are due, but no-one has congratulated you.
    Well done.

19. OddDog

Staff Member

Rep well done red <applause>

The winner’s name reminds me of the joke about the 2 Irish gays - William Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzwilliam.

I’ll get my coat <laugh>

Chaninbar likes this.
  20. SwanHills

Maybe because some people have not the slightest interest in golf? Anyway, well done Red! If I were you I'd 'frame' the congratulations from Bustino, he is very choosy who he congratulates. He doesn't like me one bit, but, frankly, I don't give a s***! <laugh>