1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Other club’s spending

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 1, 2018.

1. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

We're top on profit...that's exactly where the fat dictator wants us to be!

**** you Mike, just ****ing **** the **** off you ****wit!

2. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I don't know if I've seen anyone say anything similar either here or in the media but while I agree with the points Rafa made when he had his moan the other day surely it is going to be super damaging towards our ambitions of getting new players in if our own boss is saying in public that things are not going well on and off the pitch.

He should have probably kept that one for Penfolds office for all the good it would do.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  3. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Do Mike and Lee really have that ambition now? I wouldn't be surprised if they were feeling that they'd done enough now, going on their previous. The calibre of player they tend to move for would jump at the chance whatever.

4. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Not to mention damaging to the confidence of the players we do have and will start the campaign with.. .

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Didn't he do this last season as well?

6. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I can totally understand that viewpoint but Rafa has no dialogue whatsoever with the owner so speaking through his match day press conferences is the only way to get any message across. For Rafa to have got to this point there must be something very wrong behind the scenes - he's not daft in terms of morale and positivity.

I think a big part of the 'off the field' problems is actually the players' bonus scheme not being agreed, which seems to happen every year now and isn't good enough. The manager feels he is being screwed by the club. The players feel they are being screwed by the club. It's no way to run a Premier League football club.

Salomon #9 likes this.
  7. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Seems to have all gone to (even worse) **** since that orrible kant Barnes showed up.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

It’s no way to run a Sunday League team never mind a PL team.

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  9. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Not when you consider our net spend over the previous 3 years was almost 0.

10. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I'd kill for a net spend of 0. Now that would be progress.

11. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

You could always borrow lots of money you don't have like you did 20 years ago, which is the main reason you've ended up in the ****

J. J. McClure and Flash like this.
  12. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Well done! Sooner rather than later all the morons who suck semen from Freddie Shepherd will be hear looking to take you to McDonalds

13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

No.

That may have been the case 11 years ago but not today. We have been in the s**t, as you describe it, not because of Fat Freddy but inept management from Mikey resulting in 2 relegations in the last 11 years. But, and this is a big but (not quite as big as Obi’s but think that scale), that isn’t the case now.

We are currently in the s**t because of inept leadership from the very top ie Mikey. We have money but he doesn’t want to spend it. We don’t know why and some speculate until the cows come home and then speculate some more once they’re home.

We couldn’t financially currently compete with the likes of Man City or Man Utd or Liverpool etc but we could and should compete with Wolves, Brighton, Huddersfield et al but we don’t thanks to Mikey.

Usually it is helpful to know a little about what you’re talking about before spouting an opinion and hopefully these few lines will help you in the right direction. This has been a public service post.

<cheers>

14. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Or bring in players owned by suspicious third parties in deals so dodgy they force the FA to write a whole new set of rules.

Thankfully none of us are responsible for the often illogical decisions of our owners but they do give us plenty to complain about. We certainly did used to spend beyond our means, though hauled it in just at a time when every other club seemed hell bent on doing it instead. For a long time now ours has been watching our club turn a regular profit on transfers whilst being told by the press how lucky we are to have such an owner. Though admittedly I'm not sure I'd prefer your owners either :)

15. the_gateshead_ninja

the_gateshead_ninja Active Member

How can that fat, useless sack of **** not grasp that any money invested in Rafa absolutely guarantees profits in the long run. He's the difference between a top half finish and relegation and he won't keep putting up with this.

16. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Bournemouth spending £25million on one midfielder :emoticon-0127-lipss

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

It isn't the smartest move for sure but is likely borne out of frustration. Regardless I never like it in public as it only agitates the fans further, hurts the morale of players and makes us look unattractive to potential new signings.

The better way would be for everyone to present a united front to the press but make it clear behind the scenes that you are not happy. Given that Mike Ashley is like teflon and couldn't give a monkeys what the press or fans say, it doesn't actually achieve anything positive which therefore renders it useless as a tool for change.

All you can do though is sympathise that he is so frustrated. This happened at Liverpool too though, and it was never the same thereafter. I think we all expect this whole charade is nearing its completion anyway. Joe Kinnear was spotted shining his best shoes and picking his suit up from the dry cleaners the other day.

18. Lord Jonjomort

Opinions being shared again that the whole 'never pay in installments' is Ashley's will, carried out by Barnes, to retain as much 'value' for the club as possible. Something about deferred payments essentially affecting the price? I'm not in finance, but that sounds like the same kind of muddles ****-brain thinking that keeps getting us relegated. This isn't a SD shop, assets/liabilities just don't work the same way, all he's doing is devaluing the club by increasing the risk of relegation.

I'll never, ever understand how this ****ing idiot ever got so rich.

19. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Adama Troure to Wolves for £18 million... How many times are promoted clubs going to break our transfer record exactly? <laugh>

20. Lord Jonjomort

Mate, I would bet the house on the fact Ashley's proud of not breaking the record. We 100% never, ever will while he's here.