1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT: Mafia game thread starts Sunday 8pm 14/9/14

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was actually using Astro's "one vote for each person" approach and Nozzer voting for me made my decision on who the one person would be much easier <laugh>

2. moreinjuredthanowen

Well you are all playing the game I suppose though it's remarkably similar to last time <laugh>

3. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

I vote minxy because shes fooling nobody with the I dont know whats going on routine.

4. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

I would vote for you Hash but I like you too much

5. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I'd be interested to hear Milk's thought on this "1 vote per person strategy" before al jump on board.

I'd still much rather see if there is anything suspicious and using that to cast a vote rather than making it completely random. You still have just as much chance of hitting someone important then but someone might just do something to give themselves away.

6. As I said before, I don't believe there is a system to use here. However, nor is there any information for us to use either. Therefore, I'm willing to go with the one vote per person approach first the first round (maybe second too) and see how it goes. The way I see it, someone has to be killed by vote and none of us know anything, one vote per person is the fairest approach. Plus, if mafia do get concerned and not fit in then they stand out.

I agree it will be interesting to hear Milk's view on that approach too mind. However, i think we need to hear from every player anyway.

7. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Other problem comes that we have 16 people playing and only 1 day to register votes. If people aren't online then we can't give everyone 1 vote each therefor a few might end up with no votes at all.

If people are using the "I'll vote for you as you voted for me approach" then to avoid that you could just remain silent, no one vote for you and not register a vote yourself and therefor staying out of it.

Edit: Or vote for someone you know hasn't been online so you know they won't vote for you back and therefor getting yourself out of the nomination.

I can kind of see the whole "1 vote each" but it still gives you the same chance as if you start looking for clues.

Admittedly, you might not find any, but someone acting suspicious (regular poster being different etc) might be something to latch onto. Still give you the same chance to hit a mafia, although maybe a bit more as rather than total random chance, there is logic behind it.

8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I've found every post so far highly suspicious... Minty trying to play innocent, geez and noxler trying to get themselves out of the firing line early on presenting a strategy to the group...

This thread is going to make me totally paranoid... I'm already over thinking every word anyone types and we are only 3 hours into the game...

I considered staying silent for the whole round to see if anyone noticed me but I'd rather get involved :p

9. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

Forum Moderator

When did he join and start playing? <yikes>

please log in to view this image

10. moreinjuredthanowen

For the record milk commented on the sign up thread his views on this prior to comp. he said that spreading it round so you had a few under the vote was better than two or random as then if you have a fair chance of a mafia under threat you might force a vote that looks suspicious

Or not

It's up to you all. The maths I did last game holds true today

1/15 chance if you all follow astro that means not only are each of you under threat there are more innocents than mafia and near as many guys the innocents need to protect that you'll threaten too

I deliberately kept it short but I researched games and in some people give a full fn week! And force people to comment or be replaced, not for me thanks but everyone should at least try to comment and if I were playing? Well not for me to comment

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

You'll be in serious trouble calling miss la minx "Minty", if something is minty in this neck of the woods its crap.<yikes>

12. moreinjuredthanowen

Good they are all liers and cheats cos they all would swear lfc have a hope of 4th <whistle>

Best thing is to view everyone else as mafia and trust no-one...... Gerrez will tell you about me last time ;)

13. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha minty! Auto correct on the iPad strikes again!

14. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

Forum Moderator

You managed to name 3 people, Minxy, Gerrez & Nozzler and get all 3 names wrong <laugh>

15. moreinjuredthanowen

That's a talent right there

16. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I'm tired :p

17. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Been up all night putting horses heads in peoples beds huh... :bandit:

18. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

19. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

On phone and battery low so I'll keep it brief.

Yes. I replied to my thoughts on Astro strategy on sign up thread. I think it favours mafia if completely random.

I think having about 3 people in a tight race (hoping you get one mafia) is better because that way you see more patterns and voting as more pressure on an individual.

Thoughts so far.
    Not sure if Gerrez jumped the gun or if he has a special role this game. He acted like didn't know townies have roles. I think he might be a good target for the cops tonight.

I'll vote randomly for Danilo now but will probably change tomorrow before night.

20. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

Forum Moderator

So you think Gerrez is acting suspicious but voted for Danilo... the one person who Gerrez voted for :huh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.