1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT - Chelsea go through

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Nick HCAFC, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I thought it was quite funny him giving directions from the bench with di Matteo stood in front of him, great game to watch, lots of incidents and action

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

This season whenever an English team has lost in Europe everyone has made a massive fuss about how **** we are nowadays, furthermore everyone makes a massive fuss about how old Chelsea's squad are and also about how players like Terry and Lampard are so terrible and past it.

I can't help but love the fact they fought back to beat Napoli tonight and both Lampard and Terry scored. People will still blame them irrationally for the AVB sacking and probably also for every game England lose between now and ever so for that reason alone and it gets on my tits that everyone has this hatred for our best English players. I'm sticking this up simply to give some support to English teams and players in European competitions. I hope the likes of NickHCAFC and others will notice this result and try giving these lads a chance for once.

EDIT: The other thread wasn't posted when I started typing this! Might need merging.

3. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

I didn't expect them to get through tonight, good on them for getting through, though with Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Bayern I can't see them getting much further in the competition.

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Lampard and Terry scored good goals didn't they?

5. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Good match. really enjoyed it.

Thought Napoli had them when they scored. I'll give Chelsea credit for getting back in it and winning it.

Drogba was a disgrace when he fell over clutching his face, after the Napoli defender's swinging arm slightly caught him in the chest, only for him to start looking round at the camera.

6. Hank Scorpio

Be interesting to see how they cope in the next round, as they won't be favourites going into most of them.

Think even Apoel could give them a run for their money.

7. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

They did! Drogba is a cheat but that one with him looking at the camera was hilarious

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Typical Didier. Did he do the look to the gods as if to say 'Why is the world so stupid?' routine too?

9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Chelsea are still a good side on paper. They still have one of the best teams in Europe. God knows what happened to them under AVB (I thought he'd be good for them with his Mourinho-like style) but they're still a very good side as they showed tonight.

10. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

You missed a good game there Premier if you didn't see it, Drogba is a complete bellend but the Chelsea fans love him

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice it was tonight <doh> Just saw the highlights a few minutes ago.

12. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

To be fair Terry had a good game tonight considering he'd been out injured but I thought Luiz worked very well with him, felt a bit sorry for Cahill who was overlooked totally

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I'm sure Cahill will be 1st choice for them in the long-term. In fact I'm surprised Luiz played tonight after some of his recent performances.

14. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I wasn't even going to watch it as I'd written Chelsea off but the old guard had great games for them and they pulled off a fantastic result, will be interesting to see if they can progress further with di Matteo as manager or will get a new guy in

15. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

He seems to lose concentration (Luiz) but looks like a class act, one of those like de Gea who needs a bit of time to adjust but will turn out to be world-class in the end

16. Hank Scorpio

I was suprised at how well Sideshow Bob did.

Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Cole etc did well.

Credit to Napoli, they had a good go. Although you'd be pissed off at losing after being 3-1 up from the first leg, and getting an away goal.

17. terrypaine

terrypaine Member

Well played Chelsea. Only because I'm emotionally siding with an English team against an Iti outfit.

18. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Chelsea did what Arsenal couldn't but goes to show how important away goals are but Napoli couldn't have done much more, hope they keep their team together

19. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It was a good game to watch, and even Torres look half decent when he came on.

20. Notts Trent Tiger

Loved seeing Di Matteo going nuts at full time, great to see a manager with real passion for his side.

Good game, thought Luiz would do better in Essien's role some of those runs were brilliant but left gaps in the back 4. Sturridge and Mata shown that the old guard can still do the business as they were anonymous for most of the game. Would like Chelsea to get a big scalp now if only to show English football can still compete with the best of them.