1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT - Über's Open Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Uber_Hoop, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Beth, you have come the closest in your comments to perhaps inadvertently agreeing with stuff I've poorly articulated in early posts, and I thank you for that.

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

what really ****s me off about teachers in this country is the need for teacher training days
    always on a Friday before a bank holiday (funny that)
    if they need training why don't they do it in their own time
    or maybe just meet up in one of the many holidays

3. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Mate we just had a 2 week break at the end of term 3, then the first day back was cancelled and made a Teacher training Day too...

I know ive done numerous courses and study for my job and 99% of it (including my apprenticeship) was done in my own time.

Problem is you have to be nice to them and the principals because they look after, develop (sometimes) & treat your kids.

EG. my son has extra reading lessons on a Monday (along with a few others in his class) because last years teacher was completely hopeless. The kids go to a room and get 1 on 1 help. Now i'm all for this and gratefull, but, The lessons sometimes run over and they are occaisionally (regularly )late for "Parade / Assembly.
    The Principal then sends them to her office for them to explain themselves!! How the F can she not know why they are late & it is the lesson that has made them late???...Yet you cant complain because she can end the extra lessons to make sure they arrive on time

I've told my son that I dont care if he's 5 mins late for whatever, if he is improving his reading skills with extra help. Not sue the principal would understand that view though !!

4. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I think we've run out of steam, boys. Always leave 'em wanting more?

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I thought the same.

It's been emotional Ubes!

6. DaveThomas

DaveThomas Well-Known Member

Hull Tigers and the branding of clubs?

7. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Ubes has asked for this thread to be closed. Out of respect for him and his excellent thread we are complying with his request.

I think his thread has shown this forum at its best. A number of potentially difficult subjects have been discussed, almost exclusively, with a great deal of intellect, maturity and respect. Brix would have been proud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.