1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ospreys, Wales & BIL

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Dec 9, 2016.

1. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I was watching the Scarlet v Os game rerun recorded off S4C and it cut off with 3 minutes to go at 23 - 16 <doh>

I was quite disappointed with the Os performance, they should have had at least a 17 point lead at half time. The breakdown was good but the constant kicking's boring and unambitious. It looks like they're carrying on from last season (of what little I saw) in the same vein, i.e. not focussing on attack.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Booth did well in re-building and strengthening the squad after Tandy and then Clarke.

However, is he the right guy to kick on and take the Region further?

That said, money is a huge factor in challenging for success.

Nevertheless, the game was there for the taking ….

daimungeezer likes this.
  3. Taffvalerowdy

4. daimungeezer

Not sure what to make of that, how feasible is it in reality?

Also, dictionary definition of "Rugby Suicide" -> "Ospreys v Lions" <doh><doh><doh>

glamexile and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  5. Taffvalerowdy

Could be a way for the WRU to achieve their ambition of the Blues and the Turks as the 2 primary Regions, with the Os and the Dregs as Development sides ….

glamexile and daimungeezer like this.
  6. Taffvalerowdy

A Neath rugby supporter, a Swansea rugby supporter and a Llanelli rugby supporter were all in Saudi Arabia drinking a smuggled crate of booze.
    All of a sudden Saudi police rushed in and arrested them.
    For their punishment the Saudi Arabian Magistrate decided that the punishment should be 20 lashes with a whip.
    As they were preparing for their punishment, the Magistrate suddenly said: "It is my first wife's birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each of you one wish before your whipping."
    The Swansea supporter was first in line (he had consumed the least), so he thought about it for a while and then said: "Please tie a pillow to my back."
    This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through it.
    The Swansea fan had to be carried away bleeding and crying when the punishment was done.
    The Llanelli supporter was next up (he almost finished 40% of the crate), and after watching the scene, said: "Choice! Please fix two pillows on my back."
    But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again.
    The Neath supporter was the last one up (he had finished off half the crate), but before he could say anything, the Magistrate turned to him and said: "You are from a most beautiful part of Wales, your town has some of the best and most loyal rugby fans in the world. For this, you may have two wishes!"
    "Cheers butty, your Most Merciful highness", the Neath fan replied.
    "In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 100 lashes."
    "Not only are you an honorable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave." The Magistrate said with an admiring look on his face.
    "If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it. And your second wish? What is it to be?" the Magistrate asked.
    "Tie that Turk to my back..."

daimungeezer likes this.
  7. Taffvalerowdy

8. Taffvalerowdy

9. daimungeezer

Oh dear!

Moving on... much better from the Os, just a shame they conceded two tries right at the end, although the second try should never have been given. Looking the best of the Welsh regions right now and should be three from three. Hopefully they can kick on from here.

Also, I felt for the Dragons, they really deserved to win! Dean who? <whistle>

10. Taffvalerowdy

When I saw that it involved aggressive forwards, I thought it couldn’t be Cardiff ….. <laugh>

The Os played well - apart from at Number 8, we’ve got a pack of internationals - but need to find consistency <cheers>

Flanagan is doing well for the Dregs <ok>

glamexile and daimungeezer like this.

11. Taffvalerowdy

Rumours that 3 Cardiff players have been sacked

daimungeezer likes this.
  12. Taffvalerowdy

13. Taffvalerowdy

14. Taffvalerowdy

15. Taffvalerowdy

16. Taffvalerowdy

Squad for the AIs:

Forwards: Rhodri Jones (Dragons – 21 caps), Nicky Smith (Ospreys – 41 caps), Gareth Thomas (Ospreys – 13 caps), Ryan Elias (Scarlets – 30 caps), Dewi Lake (Ospreys – 8 caps), Ken Owens (Scarlets – 87 caps), Tomas Francis (Ospreys – 65 caps), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Rugby – 41 caps), Sam Wainwright (Saracens – 2 caps), Adam Beard (Ospreys – 37 caps), Ben Carter (Dragons Rugby – 6 caps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys 153 caps), Will Rowlands (Dragons Rugby – 21 caps), Taulupe Faletau (Cardiff Rugby – 91 caps), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys – 68 caps), Josh MacLeod (Scarlets – uncapped), Jac Morgan (Ospreys – 3 caps), Tommy Reffell (Leicester Tigers – 3 caps), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys – 86 caps), Christ Tshiunza (Exeter Chiefs – 2 caps)

Backs: Dane Blacker (Scarlets – uncapped), Kieran Hardy (Scarlets – 14 caps), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Rugby – 36 caps), Gareth Anscombe (Ospreys – 32 caps), Sam Costelow (Scarlets – uncapped), Rhys Priestland (Cardiff Rugby – 52 caps), Joe Hawkins – (Ospreys - uncapped), George North (Ospreys – 105 caps), Nick Tompkins (Saracens – 23 caps), Owen Watkin (Ospreys – 33 caps), Josh Adams – (Cardiff Rugby – 42 caps), Alex Cuthbert (Ospreys – 52 caps), Rio Dyer (Dragons Rugby – uncapped), Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets – 96 caps), Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester Rugby – 19 caps)

Players unavailable for selection due to injury: Taine Basham, Dan Biggar, Leon Brown, Seb Davies, Wyn Jones, Josh Navidi, Johnny Williams, Liam Williams

daimungeezer likes this.
  17. Taffvalerowdy

18. daimungeezer

Seems like the Ospreys can't shake their suicidal tendencies. Really shouldn't have lost to the Dragons and were very generous to Connacht. They don't appear to be improving. Cut out the nonsense and they'd be doing quite well though.

19. Taffvalerowdy

See that Geraint Davies’ son Tristan made his debut for the Os yesterday.

Geraint played for Neath and, if memory serves me well, was 1 of 6 Bryncoch products who were in the side that beat Fiji (Geraint, Paul Williams, Leigh Davies, John Funnell, Chris Higgs and Steve Williams. John’s brother Joe was on the bench)

daimungeezer likes this.
  20. Taffvalerowdy