1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Osman has got it Spot On!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Oct 24, 2017.

1. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Anyone know where Poyet and Taricco have gone? They seem to have disappeared from the British football stage.

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Out in China,(Google is your friend)

3. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I would generally completely agree with alot of what you've said here. However I actually do think we have a reasonably talented squad and all credit goes to Mick for recruiting them and Bryan Klug for developing our youngsters again but like you say they're just seemed to coach in a vague directionless style of football, we have no identity, Mick tried what he knew to start off with and has gradually tried to move to bring in more progressive players and bring through youngsters however now they don't have an identity, it's like he's doing it to appease the fans but isn't 100% convinced. I think there's alot of potential in alot of our players but they're not being given license to stamp their authority on the games, there are a number of players who seem to have had their potential limited due to Micks tactics, Sears, Ward and Skuse to name a few who could play so much better if they were given direction and confidence on the ball!!

Despite a disappointing era under Evans I wouldn't say we are a poorly run club, we have an academy producing lots of young players with a clear route to the first team (although there's clearly a mismatch between what is coached in the academy and what is coach in the first team) and relatively speaking we live within our means abiding by financial fair play rules.

If we could find our very own Chris Wilder I think we'd be a club on the up, we need our identify back. Thanks Mick for stabilizing us and half resembling a football club again but now is the time to go so that we can actually feel the emotion of supporting our club again rather than the boredom and apathy we feel now

4. itfcptc

I don't feel it is this season. We have a good squad, a good academy, we should be seeing better performances on the pitch

5. itfcptc

<applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause> Couldn't have summed it up better myself

6. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

With the exception of the loan players, I'd argue we have few stand-out quality players. Bart, Webster, Huws, and McGoldrick are talented players who could be valued highly and could be sold for seven figure sums. We then have a tier of players like Kenlock, Bishop, Ward, Garner, Waghorn, and the academy lads who have the potential to reach that top bracket of class, but it depends on time. The rest of the squad, in my opinion, are made up of industrious, semi-decent, average, or poor players. I was maybe a little harsh on the squad, in the wake of the Norwich defeat and our recent poor form, but I don't think the squad is particularly talented in comparison to our rivals in the division.

I agree the quality and output of the academy has improved significantly over the past few years since Klug has returned. Realistically, if we can avoid cashing in on these players at the first sign of interest, we could have a strong, homegrown core to the squad in several years time.

7. itfcptc

You're right we don't have a super talented squad but it's the best one IMO since Mick has been here and is also talented enough to play a decent brand of football.

8. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I agree that it is certainly capable of playing a more attractive style of football, if it was coached accordingly. Of the players I listed above, I believe most of them are comfortable with the ball at their feet. As for the strongest squad in Mick's reign, I think his squad in the play off season was strong in that we had a team that played a style of football they were very comfortable with, which lead to a consistently good level of performance.