1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Orient v Saints

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by cdvdtz, Apr 6, 2011.

1. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

From the 10 mins I heard of the summary sounded like Jose Fonte was solid are per norm! Didnt hear the game... Ended having pub lunch and a nice cold pint!

Great result.. I can smell the Championship but can't see it just yet!! Keep going lads!!

COYR!!

2. markr27

markr27 New Member

Decent performance - I felt Saints sat back far too much in the 2nd half, and due to the Saints formation more times than not the ball was just coming straight back at us.
    However, whenever Saints did get away they always looked dangerous, as illustrated with the 2nd goal... Fonte intercepts, passes it to Lambert whom then crosses to Barnard. Goal.

Dickson's perserverance to get the cross in led to the first goal, I don't think Orient expected it, but Ricky was in the right place. Bang.

Very strange to see 4 centre backs on the pitch though at the end :)

3. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

A bit disconcerting though as we seem to be falling apart at the seams with players having knocks and niggles.

Only thing that can stop us though now, is our team thinking the job is done and taking the foot of the pedal.

4. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Under NA... I doubt we will stupid enough to think the job is done yet! Have some faith in NA..

5. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

It's this time of the season when the big players start performing like match-winners , such as Fonte (the whole back 5 really) , Lambert and Barnard just to name a few.

Fonte and Jaidi have really become terrace favourites with how solid they have been recently , praise will go to Kelvin with the 17th clean sheet this season , but those 2 along with the depth we have at RB and LB have been sensational.

The fear in this team seems to have gone and what a response since that defeat at Walsall , the team are so much more clinical now.

COYS and bring on Tuesday.

6. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Been cut off by computer malfunction. Up and running now. Unlike some doubting Thomas's I knew we would beat Orient and we will beat Rochdale on Tuesday, because we are going up. Be hard for Posh to catch us now 3 points behind, 2 games in hand and better goal difference. that just leaves Huddersfield to be picked off (Brighton can help there).

<party><party><party>