1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Open Letter to Jurgen Klopp !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

The use of a clubs history is a tired clichë. He plays amazing attacking football, up with some of the great stuff played in the past. Why can't he emulate the solid defending?

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

Not yet, United at Anfied on Saturday 14th October early kick off after international.

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It'll be interesting to see if you have turned a corner here, I'd guess at yes and you'll win a a few on the trot now.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

We didn't look like we'd turned a corner for 70 minutes of that game on Saturday tbh. We lose that game and the pressure ramps up on Koeman massively....but irony or ironies he brings on the forgotten man Niasse and the game turned on his head. Football is a fickle beast and we got lucky on Saturday, maybe that bit of luck will be a defining point, I sincerely hope so.

organic red and luvgonzo like this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

It was home v a side that was awful.

Look you are not Liverpool under hodgson. I don't think he's lost players and I don't think there's much wrong that can't be worked on.

But you've got no pace so you've got to be more Solid at the back first then figure out the goals.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

Yup how the hell do we have to suffer that again. You might as well write that game off now.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  7. LuisDiazgamechanger

@Tobes . Everton are defending better than us and they need to be scoring goals.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

We've got plenty of pace, he's just not putting it on the pitch! Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon, Niasse and Vlasic are all quick pacey players.

He picked 3x No.10's again on Saturday in Rooney, Siggy and Klaasen - all of whom want to tuck inside and none of whom have any pace, it just doesn't work. He needs to change the shape and accept that he can't pick those 3 in the same side.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    BobbyD likes this.
  9. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Koeman's treatment of Niasse was a #joke all along. He came in and saw Martinez had written him off so never gave him a chance either. Only being #deperate after Moshiri's refusal to buy a forward after not getting the Barkley money forced him to reconsider.

10. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Should have used Rooney's arrest as an excuse to cancel his contract

#playingwithtenmen

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He played him for 45 minutes of a pre-season game when he arrived and then promptly told him to **** off.

The fella has obviously improved dramatically since then, and he's finally earned his chance. Fair play to him as he's never whined about the treatment he received. I'd written him off after seeing him when he arrived, so I was wrong as well.

12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure we can make anything of that. I don't think he's different to when he first joined although we won't know as we never saw him play any first team games

The fact he's not been close at all to the first team and Koemans wanted to get rid a few times. It was more a wild chuck at the dice by Koeman that paid off (and hopefully gets him gametime).

I reckon Koeman just didn't fancy him because he wanted someone who has a bit more all round ability (looking at the strikers koeman has preferred).

One thing about Niasse is he's enthusiastic, he's got a bit of pace and judging from his time at hull and he's 2 goals, he's got a good finish on him, pretty similar to batshuayi in respect. Technically he's a bit ropey but Koeman needs to start him more as i reckon he's better than Calvert Lewin who is a bit better in all round play but imo hasn't got that killer touch or that strikers movement.

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He is mate, he made a couple of cameo appearances that had people literally laughing.

Koeman has been forced to turn to him due to both necessity but also down to the fellas form in the U23's where he'd been banging them in.

14. saintKlopp

Well, if the stats support it, then why is anyone arguing with it? :)

My feelings were always that the assertion that you must have a good defence to succeed is a fallacy. When I looked into it I found that in fact the free-scoring teams won the PL more often than the mean defences. I merely reported that.
    My stance is, and has always been, that both is best - surely that's self evident? - but if you have to have one or the other the high scorers win more often. And it's more fun.
    Where did I ever say we'll win every game? No-one wins every game. Of course a quality attack will fail sometimes, but so will a strong defence.
    I'm going to leave it here, because there's only so many times I'm prepared to say the same thing. The facts speak for themselves, but it's a waste of time me trying to convince anyone so wedded to an idea that they'll refuse to accept anything that doesn't fit with it.

johnsonsbaby and jenners04 like this.
  15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

He wasn't fit when he came. Koeman didn't fancy him either.

Buthe got his head down and has worked hard.

16. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

If Koeman played DCL through the middle then he is a better option IMO.

17. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Before the Leceister game, I think the statistic I had read somewhere was we have scored only 3 goals in our last 70 shots.

I don't think you can blame our shortcomings on defence alone. If our attack didn't waste so many opportunities, the attack-first mentality would be working.

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Healthy, not the best <doh>

How many teams have won the league with a GD of less than say, 10? Or 15?

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  19. BobbyD

BobbyD President

AC Milan won the league with a GD of +21.

Even Leicesters GD of +32 is very low. The highest in the past 17 years has been 71 which the average at +50

Zanjinho likes this.
  20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

All out attack with scant regard for keeping a clean sheet will never win you the league in this country.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Peej like this.