1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ooo Aaa QPR

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Yeah this was just a really bad performance. Booed off at full time by a fair amount of fans too. This was a big game for us and we’ve completely fluffed it again. I’m so disappointed, we are sleeping walking to division three.

2. stick

stick Bumper King

You are truly awful. Its going to be a very long season for you guys!

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Another crap display.

No identity, no clear way of wanting to play and not enough players who actually want to play football, many looked like they were out for a walk in the park today.

Gherkin - Plays like an old pickle, soggy and limp! I'm ****in' done with him. Insists on punching and giving the ball back rather than catch and retain possession.
    Donacien - Better on the right, he put some great crosses in from there last time he played.
    Chambers - Another big mistake today, a constant in an under-performing side, wish he'd get dropped but we need him because we have no choices
    Nsiala - Nightmare match for him
    Pennington - Not our best option at RB, move him inside
    Skuse - Stayed tidy for the most part
    Chalobah - Lost possession more often than not but did try some forward passes
    Ward - **** off already....and stop taking free kicks you three-legged donkey!
    Edwards - Not a great game
    Dozzell - Did what he could. Played some nice passes, most of his teammates are not on the same wavelength though
    Sears - Ran around a lot, got no service

Jackson - didn't see enough from him but man, Hurst, FFS give him and Sears a chance up front!
    Lankester - Man of the match - came on, showed desire, willingness to play and quick, incisive thinking on and off the ball

Overall thoughts on the game -

Keeper must like playing Flappy Bird on his phone, my goodness he was terrible. Missed a punch for the first goal, got barely anything on the ball on a few other occasions which gave the ball back to QPR.
    Back four except for one are all playing out of position and it shows.
    Midfield consists of two defenders, a donkey, a one trick pony and a lad who is clearly smarter on the ball than everyone else.
    Up front, Sears has never been effective as a lone striker.
    Ref had a stinker, some terrible decisions

Hurst must change his system, it hasn't worked in the majority of games and doesn't look it will start to work anytime soon.

Westlake33 and Nuggets like this.
  4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Agreed we're crap.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  5. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

The players are being guided by someone who doesn't know how to play in this division and a team populated in part by players of 3rd and 4th division experience and reserve team football. What the Hell did anyone expect of this ragbag of a football team ?

Westlake33 and Alhare like this.
  6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

That was not a professional display from the players today, performing well below their usual level. QPR were poor today too, Town were Sunday League. All over the pitch there were appalling displays. Lethargic, lacking desire, lacking effort.

I don’t think we learned an awful lot today. But we will learn a lot in the next few weeks because if we persist with the poor selection choices and tactics that haven’t worked all season then it’s either a new manager or League One for us.

7. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Screenshot_20181020-195813_Chrome.jpg Awesome no thrills Portugese food in the heart of culturally diverse Norwich road Ipswich.

Had squid stuffed with pork mince in tomato garlic sauce with salad chips and rice with a pint of Super Bock for about £10.

:emoticon-0171-star::emoticon-0171-star::emoticon-0171-star::emoticon-0171-star:

8. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Oh dear,looks like I picked a good game to miss!

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Elland Road next and if we play like that I’ll never hear the end of it.

10. fieldmarshall

Another spineless appalling display, our own fans fighting each other, a clueless manager standing like a statue on the touchline not knowing what to do, not my words but season ticket holders of many years standing, just one win with a quarter of the season gone, and bottom of the division, what more does anyone need to see? HURST OUT!

Westlake33 likes this.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I’m looking for a reaction and the abandonment of playing one up, at the very least. Bart needs to come back in. Round pegs in round holes in the defence. Only one of Skuse or Chalobah in the side.

Whether it’s Hurst or someone else, I couldn’t really care. But I want the Groundhog Day to end and the clear and obvious problems cut out so the side can deal with the real challenges, without the manager giving them a handicap before each match kicks off.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

What I will say fieldmarshall, is that we have had 13 matches since the opener where those things haven't been put right - and we have in that time instead sprung new leaks - so there is really no reason to suggest Hurst is suddenly going to wake up to these things now.

13. fieldmarshall

You illustrate my point perfectly yorkie, worrying times indeed.

14. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Paul Hurst has to go now, totally clueless, seems to lack any emotion and passion, maybe it’s just his personality? But win or lose I used to love watching MM’s post match interviews. Marcus Evans, your cheap skate plan to appease the fans and save some money has backfired, please act sooner than later.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  15. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Oh give him TIME mate. He needs time and backing........ ;)

16. fieldmarshall

He's had time Westy and there's no sign of improvement, I'm beginning to think that the damage to the Club through Hursts appointment could be as great as Keanes appointment for opposite reasons. Keane squandered millions and set us back years, Hurst on other hand was a cheapskate appointment coupled to our best players being sold and replaced with lower league players with not surprisingly lower league ability leaving Evans with an estimated £10M profit.
    Relegation will crucify the Club and on reflection will damage us to an even greater extent than Keane did, the penny pinching approach by our owner has finally come back to bite us, relegation? Too frightening to think about.

Westlake33 likes this.
  17. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Gents, whilst he’s at the club let’s keep an open mind. He could turn it around yet, or we could improve in the January window / next summer and then be a real force.

For me, the odds are on a change in November but until that time let’s remember that bringing another new man in isn’t going to solve all our problems overnight either.

Whatever happens I certainly don’t apportion any blame to Hurst.

18. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Maybe the gap between league 1 and Championship is much bigger than he expected? What is baffling though is his game plan, Skuse and Chalobah together isn’t working, little Sears on his own up front, Edwards coming off after an hour etc etc...although Lankester apparently looked decent. Gerks did ok I thought after his initial flap. Listening to Hurst post match doesn’t fill me with confidence either, starting to look like a broken man already.

The reality is It’s nearly end of October and we have 9 points. I can’t see him turning it around, maybe if we had built on the Swansea win in terms of performance but yesterday was a shambles.

19. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

The one shred of optimism I'm holding on to is that there might be 3 worse teams than us over the course of the season.. That said, on Saturday we were by far the worst team to have played in the Championship this season.

The bottom 6 already looks like it's becoming marooned and if we can pick up points against Millwall, Preston & Reading then we could sit at the top of this group, however tenuous a positive that may be.

20. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Scowey - one or two of those teams will implement a change that sees them climb the table and one or two will drop down from further up the table. On present form we will have nowhere near enough and remember we actually looked pretty solid and picked up points in most games. If we unravel now it could actually get a lot worse.

Westlake33 and Nuggets like this.