1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Only Lost Five v The Champions

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 30, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2021.
  1. Champions win

30.0%
  2. McGeady wins it on his own

10.0%
  3. Draw

25.0%
  4. Not bothered

35.0%
  1. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Do you expect anything less from certain "fans"

2. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I recall the lead up to the 1st Prem season. 08/09.
    After losing to Hearts, we were the worst team to ever enter the premier league, so the pundits said. By the end of September we were joint top of the league. I think we even lost to Winterton that year.
    Friendlies phhff

TwoWrights and Ric Glasgow like this.
  3. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

It's nothing to do with saying he should be the latest boo boy, worst player ever, ****e, etc etc. Why do some people have to go to extremes and to change what others say? Some saying that he's actually not that good / not good enough for us to push on in this division etc has nothing whatsoever to do with suggesting Smallwood should be our boo boy, is ****, etc. He clearly isn't ****. IMO at least, he might bring experience but he's just not that good for this level.

Kalman likes this.
  4. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Apparently, some people think any suggestions whatsoever that we need to improve in certain areas is akin to thinking our current players are dogshit. Smallwood's not a bad player but I'd rather have Slater or Jones in there. I think in terms of improvements to the squad, we've filled some of the gaps left by the returning loanees last season. Longman's an improvement and I like the look of Moncur and Baxter. Our midfield looks dangerously thin going into next weekend though. Honeyman's most definitely out for Preston and Cannon isn't a number 10 like Honeyman. We haven't replaced Slater so I'd argue our midfield trio is weaker than it was in League 1 going into the first game of the season.

We still need another centre-forward too. Eaves barely made a mark for us in League 1 and whilst Magennis did well, will he be fit for every game and be as good at this level?