1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Only good thing to come out of today

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Arnold_Lane_HCFC, Jan 28, 2012.

1. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I only listened on radio but it sounded like Garcia was a waste of space, Cairney & Evans were missing in action, King dissapointing and only Cooper got a positive..

2. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

Oli did OK when he came on , i thought he gave a physical presence in the middle , though its only a small praise :/

3. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Best thing to come out of the day was the new express beer area in the East Stand lol

4. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

The trouble is we dont have a striker in the club who looks like scoring, until we get a 15-20 goal a season striker i fear we will not make the play-offs which for the sake of one good signing is a shame

5. thetigers1

thetigers1 Member

6. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

Scoring goals may ultimately be our achilles heel but the top scorer in the NPC has only got 12 hasn't he - Koren and Fryatt have both got 8.

Personally would have gone for Le Fondre before Reading pinched him

Don't really see anyone from the NPC that is way better than what we have. An out of favour PL striker on loan would be a much better bet - trouble is affording them or getting them is another matter.

7. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

For me, absolutely the ONLY positive that came out of yesterday was that the thinness of our squad was there for all to see, whether anything is done to correct that only time will tell.

Personally, without at least one quality recruit up top, I fear that doing anything of note in the play offs, if indeed we finish in them, is a forlorn hope. When a striker from a L2 club makes your 'first choice' strike force look as poor as ours did yesterday then alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear, even for the most optimistic amongst us!

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Really?? Yes Koren and Fryatt have 8. Out of the top 60 goalscorers, yes 60, in the Championship those are the only 2 we have in it. You dont think anyone can do better than 4, which is our next top.