1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[OMT] Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by THFC6061, Apr 20, 2014.

1. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

2. Thanks for posting the link NSS <ok>
    The only way Rose would have been sent of seems to be if deemed guilty of violent conduct:
    "A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball."
    There is no specific actions listed from what I can see - not even the much-quoted 'raised hands'. So, was his action sufficient? Possibly, but by no means certain.

If idiocy by players was a sending off offence, then he certainly should have gone - but then few games would ever get completed!!

3. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

he doesn't from me,but he does from others,i wonder if it's because he isn't an expensive foreign player :emoticon-0112-wonde :emoticon-0100-smile

4. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

I think we are, if we all agreed there wouldn't be any need for a forum like this

He's still crap though:wink:

5. totsfan

if you think that ,you need to read the rule's book

6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Townsend's having an MRI scan to discover how bad his injury is.
    One of these days we'll play a full game against Stoke without them crocking any of our players.

7. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Have to say that Hughes' behaviour (being outraged) at every (correctly given) decision against them was getting right on my tits on saturday. No wonder the fans were joining in too.
    It was a bit of a joke, no wonder they've had decent home results when their entire game plan seems to be to pressurise the ref into giving them decisions.

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Wishful thinking PNP, never gonna happen.

9. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

They might be "trying to play better football" nowadays but still their players are violent, dirty thugs injuring people at will with their manager screaming abuse at the ref for every imagined injustice (and most of them were totally imagined). Meanwhile the ugly, fat, toothless masses of the Stoke crowd, their faces contorted with anger, reminded me somewhat of a stereotypically-cast medieval mob, many of which had fairly advanced-stage plague. And apparently some of them think they should have won! Someone needs to throw them a turnip and we can all watch them fight over it.

Every supporter in England hates Stoke. ****ty team in a ****ty town who can only ever cheat, foul and shout like Neanderthals. We were pretty crap but any victory over that bunch of thugs will do. Take the three points and get back to civilisation.

10. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

11. totsfan

IT will show they are a team of thugs,and Adams might get sent off more often for his attempted leg breakers,which can't be a bad thing!

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I hope that they do take a look at the game. They should ban Stoke's twat of a manager for his constant crap, for a start.

13. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Stoke's tradition of injuring at least one of our players in every game has continued, following the news that Andros Townsend requires surgery and will be out for 10 weeks.
    That means that he'll definitely miss England's trip to Brazil for the World Cup, which I'm sure he'll be absolutely gutted about.

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Cheers Stoke, always a pleasure.

****s.

15. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

I wish they would f*** off to the championship and take thier 1950s football with them.

C***S