1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[OMT] Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by THFC6061, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

What for?

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

<quote>
    But Rodgers believes that would be a mistake and says Sherwood just needs more time to get the best out of Tottenham's expensively assembled squad.

Speaking after the game, he said: "Tottenham have got some outstanding players, it's a great club and obviously I hope Tim [Sherwood] gets the
    time to put his ideas in place and if they can allow him to do that I'm sure they'll do very well."
    </quote>

Nope. Nothing there from you about the reason why Brenton did not come to Spurs.

3. The RDBD

Nice to 'read' though that Brenton thinks AVB has been unfairly treated at Spurs.

4. Apparently, Lennon has tweeted, saying that the "Sherwoodie punches a player" rumours are (to use his word) "bullshit!"

5. Are you seriously suggesting that Hoddle would do any worse than Sherwoodie?

6. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

The discussion had already moved on where I said what's happening at Liverpool could have happened with us, hence me mentioning Rodgers turned us down due the frequency we sack managers.

If you continue to be nothing more then a pointless parasite who disagrees just for the sake of disagreement then really is no point in any discussion as I say white, you say black.

7. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

There is no worse at this stage . What is the point in hiring Hoddle?

8. The RDBD

"The discussion had already moved on where I said what's happening at Liverpool could have happened with us,
    hence me mentioning Rodgers turned us down due the frequency we sack managers."

Isn't the "discussion" about Brenton proclaiming that Sherwood should not be sacked, because he is
    so omniscient to know Timmy will be a success ??

9. Because, if we keep Sherwoodie, more damage will be done.

We need to win over players who may already be talking to their agents about ****ing off in the Summer.

I see absolutely no point in keeping Sherwoodie in place.

10. The RDBD

"We need to win over players who may already be talking to their agents about f**king off in the Summer."

Are you saying that Timmy has "lost the dressing room" just like AVB allegedly did ??

11. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

I'm sure the players are aware of the Van Gaal rumours so the smart ones will hold off making a decision while players like Verts who want out anyway will go regardless.

I don't get what damage you or others believe Sherwood will do as the players now know he's temporary and it's not like he would punch them in the face!

12. But the Gaal rumours are just that - rumours. Sacking Sherwoodie would be a fact.

None of us know if the rumours of a dressing-room bust-up, tonight, are true, but even if they have been over-exaggerated, there is never any smoke without fire, and I cannot imagine that Sherwoodie is enjoying the best of relationships with the players. We've already seen the signs of discontent, with a couple of our best players already indicating that they want away in the Summer. Plus, you only have to see how ****e we have been playing to know that whatever it is that Sherwoodie is telling the players in training simply isn't getting through. Now, whether that's because Sherwoodie isn't any good at getting his tactics (if he has any) through to the players, or whether relations have broken down to such an extent that none want to listen to him, I don't know, but either way it isn't good.

Keeping Sherwoodie on can only make things worse, and, in that sense, getting shot of him now will be the best thing to do.

13. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

I just think if we employ three managers in one season then it hardly shows us to be well run. If Van Gaal is just a rumour then that leaves us approaching managers who will feel under even more pressure as they know we have little patience.

Van Gaal probably doesn't give a **** as he appears to be that type of character and will think he can sort things out and if it fails it won't effect his reputation but what's the alternative?

Tony Pullis or another young foreign manager?

14. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

Sherwood has to stay until the end of the season. Anybody who thought we would get top four with him in charge was deluded. With AVB gone and no suitable replacement available, we effectively wrote off the season at that point. In the big scheme of things,giving Sherwood a smallish 18 month contract so he could stop calling himself a caretaker (which, let's face it, everybody, including him knew he was,) was the price we had to to pay. We never had an earthly of getting in the top four with Sherwood in charge; I imagined 7th or 8th.

How we do the same **** in a different way time and time again is a complete f**king mystery to me.

On the subject of Rodgers, we will see how the scousers get on should Suarez decide the sunny climes of Espana are where he wants to be. At the moment they have a situation very similar to ours with Bale; A decent squad and a superstar. No doubt Suarez would attract a huge fee and like us, Liverpool have been hit and miss with transfers. I'm not saying he will leave, (in fact what I'm probably saying is that we should not have let Bale gone and strengthened our squad,) but they are seriously depleted if he does decide to go.

15. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

You're quite right - he's NOT called Brenton Rogers

16. We are poorly run. There is no escaping that fact, whether Sherwoodie is sacked or not. Keeping him in place, when it so clearly will be detrimental to the squad, ought not to be down to how it looks to the outside world. The outside world can see just how bad we have become.

17. To be fair, none of us did think that. Indeed, most of us were complaining about his appointment as soon as it was announced.

It's not so much that top 4 under Sherwoodie was never going to be on the cards, it's the speed with which he has reduced morale in the dressing-room, sucked the life out of the squad, and produced some of the most shocking performances any of us can remember for a long time. God help us, if Sherwoodie is around to kick off a campaign for us! It'll be Ramos all over again.

18. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

All of us knew top four was near on impossible and while we had a bit of fun talking up our challenge because we where close to the scousers, we knew it was just that, a bit of fun because top four was never on the cards.

But I'm not convinced by these rumours re player revolt, it's more twitter bollocks, worst case is the players are deflated, nothing to play for and aren't responding to Sherwoods tactics but there's no fighting or players demanding to leave.

Just the usual bollocks from Twitter.

19. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

Considering Soldado's form this season, I think we can all forgive Sherwood for punching the waster! #trollingforthelolz!

20. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

I challenge you to call Sherwood by his real name. Once. Go on, I dare you.