1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ole Ole Ole Ole...Pablo Pabloooooooo

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by itfcptc, Oct 8, 2014.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

2. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

I was at the away game v Palace when Pablo was introduced to the crowd on his arrival on loan from us, instantly the large away support started singing " ole ole ole Pablo, Pablo, " and Pabs came over to us and waved and smiled and shook a few hands as well, It was a spontaneous upsurge of respect and affection both ways which is something an ignorant Guttersnipe like Keane could never and will never understand.

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

While Pablo does have a point, and I'm delighted he has stuck up for himself/ others to Keane what an absolute waste of a career.

Highlights from someone with such ability = part of a quality Spain squad in 1999 that won the Fifa World Youth championship. Joint top scorer on 5, the Spanish #9. Xavi/ Helguera/ Marchena and Casillas were in the squad and are the obvious big names. Then you have the likes of Colsa who was a very good midfielder and played top level for years.

Pablo came back one summer under Royle in shocking condition. He was also on a ridiculous wage when we were in a terrible financial mess, and in 04-05 had he been remotely interested we would have surely had a place in the top 2.

4. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Pablo should definately go in the hall of fame!

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Sorry guys but Keane was right... Pablo was a lazy fecker! <ok>

This maybe unpopular but it's true!

Could you ever imagine Pablo playing in a Mick McCarthy team? <yikes>

6. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

If I could I would give you negative rep.!

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Just my honest opinion!

Dont get me wrong I love Pablo but I felt he was a 'sunshine' player.

8. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

For me Pablo wasn't the hardest working player but held the ball up really well and scored some important goals.

I was at that home game against Coventry when he scored the 97th minute winner just after they had equalised. Probably my favourite moment at PR.

The article makes Pablo sound like a true gent and Keane a true ****

Wonder how Keane feels now about our Mick after what went before with those two? Mick showing how it should be done!

9. Westlake33

If Pablo had some workrate he'd have never been an Ipswich player in the first place!

10. itfcptc

No definitely not he's got too much flair and creativity for Mick <whistle>

This is the response to Keane I think everyone who has disliked the guy over the years has wanted to say, so well put and just makes him look a first class twat

When Pablo was on form it made it worth paying the entrance fee everytime, I never appreciated just how talented the guy was until his second spell at the club, his first spell he seemed to spend most of his time on his backside. One of the biggest issue I felt with Pablo was the fact he was lightyears ahead of the rest of the team and they just couldn't keep up with what he was going to do, I always remember Jims last game when Pablo and Gio clicked it was simply awesome!!!

11. Westlake33

I still hold Pablo partially accountable for our 04-05 failure, although sure at times he was a good player.

Agree with Warky 100% on his assessment!

12. itfcptc

I've heard he was accountable for our failure in 01/02 aswell

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Clegg's come out today and said that he, Keane and Evans WERE in the same room together sometimes.

You've got to wonder what exactly Keane has got to gain from all this. He's already got £20m in wealth. You'd think getting his managerial career back on track would be higher on his list than making up some sensationalist stories for a quick buck.

What is very clear is that coming to Portman Road brought him back down to Earth with a bump. It looks to me as though he thought he would walk in and be worshipped, he didn't think he had to 'earn it'.