1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oh you of little faith

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by danishqp, Feb 8, 2014.

1. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

You saw that goal with his frist involvement?
    Nothing I Can writer would do it justice.
    My boys Will have their Milan shirts's by wednesday.
    I'm a Taraabt groupie

2. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Mind you, Milan need a defence!

3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It's 'O ye of little faith'...

4. QPR247

QPR247 Active Member

One swallow does not a summer make.

Probably the worst thing that could happen for him, imagine the size of the selfish prick's ego now?

5. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Nice goal, though I have never seen defenders running backwards faster than the attackers were running forward ??

Mind you the chap running in from the right wing, was closing him down easily, then he stopped running to allow Adel a shot ??

Could be the confidence builder he needs.

Headlines " Adel rips Napoli defence to pieces"

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

The animosity and nastiness of some QPR fans towards Taarabt always amazes me. Were people as spiteful towards Bowles or Wegerle(yes I know Taarabt isn't fit to lace their boots blah blah blah)?

7. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

Right prick that fella, getting us promoted to the PL and all :emoticon-0138-think

8. QPR247

QPR247 Active Member

Selfish prick I said, which he is. Yes, he got us promoted but his attitude caused so many problems during that, and the following, season that we are still feeling the effects to this day.

Great player, terrible, terrible attitude. He did, and always will, think he's bigger than the club and can do as he wishes, it's not healthy for the rest of the squad.

I sincerely hope he does great at Milan and his value soars, but I wouldn't want to see him back at Loftus Road, sorry.

9. westlondonlalala

westlondonlalala Well-Known Member

What a great goal.

I miss him.

I keep saying that I grew up with Stanley who you bunch of turncoats would no doubt all a prick today for doing much the same sh**ite as Adel. He was smoking and in the chippy before games - would get sent off - jump in the crowd - be a selfish prince at times - but we love him then and now.... don't see the difference....

We should celebrate the lad's done well.

10. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

You can't see the difference?, I'll help you a bit.....Stan Bowles is a QPR LEGEND. Adel Taarabt had one good season. Hope that helps lalalaland.

11. Bwood_Ranger

There are similarities though. People are very quick to get on Taarabt's back while Bowles seemingly was able to do as he wanted. People complain that Taarabt wasn't fit enough and didn't train well/at all but was Bowles any different?

12. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

This. Jesus, he did well, great goal on his debut. Why the hate?

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

This. Adel hasn't done as much for QPR as Stan did (yet), but there are many similarities.

14. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

Watford, with all due respect it's difficult to compare them directly as the game has changed so much, back in the day it didn't really matter if Stan was having a light and lager and a tab before kick-off he still managed to perform. Adel is a great talent but cannot be compared to SB at this stage in his career. AT may prove to be a bigger star then SB but he won't be with QPR and that is the difference. What I find unacceptable is to be told by a few on here that our opinions are not valid and that we are infected or freaks. That is not on.

15. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Stan was and is the Man for me. But he didn't always manage to perform either, especially in his last season or so with us.

16. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

It shouldn't. You feel the same way about Mbia and one or two others and people have had a pop at you over it.

17. Bwood_Ranger

But surely Taarabt has some goodwill in the bank for the promotion season and good performances in the season after? Some of the Hughes signings came in and from day one weren't fussed and played nowhere near their abilities yet people would rather give Granero another chance than Taarabt.

18. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

The promotion season's goodwill was largely undone that very season with his antics on and off the field. Good performances the season after? Very selective there Wats. He had a few good games alright but mostly he was very poor to say the least, coupled with more disrespect for the Club and fans: Openly courting other Clubs, leaving the ground at HT at Fulham etc. Then the next season after that he was even worse.

They weren't fussed just like Taarabt. Yet you're amazed at people slating him along with Mbia etc? If anyone was to give Granero another chance ahead of Taarabt then they're just as bad as the Taarabt lovers. They have no consistency. Granero was a joke from start to finish. He should be ashamed of the way he performed for us along with Mbia, Taarabt and many others. They were being payed huge sums of money and didn't give two sh*ts.

You're lacking consistency WATS. I'm surprised at you.

19. Bwood_Ranger

I'm not lacking consistency at all. I was at most if not all of the games Taarabt played for us in the Premier League and his effort levels compared to Mbia, Granero etc. were incomparable. He was the most important player for us in the promotion season and the best player in the run-in the following season but people have always been quick to get on his back because he doesn't cover every blade of grass and can be petulant. He's immature but he cared when he was on the pitch when other players did not. Even the games he was **** in, and there were many, it wasn't through lack of trying IMO. He created chance after chance, and there were stats to back it up, but the pile of **** around him couldn't make the most of it and he became frustrated.

20. DT Footspa

DT Footspa Well-Known Member

I can relate to that because many fans should feel proud that a QPR legend is doing what we all believe he could. I knew after watching a few games when he was on loan to us he would be a great player ... great when he signed and always knew he wold move onto bigger things against the crap written on here about him