1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Official Not606 USA GP Chat and Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Oct 21, 2014.

1. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

If it's wet then the championship is even more over than it is now. That's by far Rosberg's biggest weakness, he can't drive in the wet quickly at all. Look at Australia, China qualifying and Japan race.

2. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

If it's wet, Felipe Baby won't have to worry about "dangerous" tyre choices.

3. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

4. Max Whiplash

Je, je, je, as Fernando might say :)

On another note, I really hope Lotus's Austin performance wasn't a fluke and they'll be tussling for some points again at Interlagos.

5. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Assuming the don't go bust in the off season..
    With the new Power Plant on the way a decent and development cycle over the winter, you could see then do a Williams and become regular contenders for decent haul of points at each race next year..
    The more competitive teams we have, the better!

6. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Quick question which I thought someone on here may know the answer to.

Do the commentators have data that is 'behind' the live TV stream? A number of times when watching the race (on Sky), I would notice that Rosberg had taken three tenths out of Hamilton (or vice versa) and the commentators would only point this out about a lap later, when Hamilton had already regained that time, or extended the gap further etc.

In short, the commentary often seems to jar with the timings running across the screen. Anyone know why?

7. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

No idea it just seems we always notice things in detail and rapidly that they do, most likely because they are laughing about something completely off topic. I really despise the FOM feed as well, two cars battling and they move to a d-list celeb.

8. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

They have several monitors in the commentary box, one of which shows live timing information. You can view it off the F1 website, or I think red button on Sky Sports also gives you access to other feeds to view.

A lot of the time I think they get distracted as they're talking about something else, or maybe their monitors are a lot smaller so it's hard to see things at a glance.

Some commentators are just plain crap, so there is no helping them!

9. Max Whiplash

I suggested this on another thread a few weeks back but others thought that their problems were too great; but as I said, who'd have predicted Williams' dramatic recovery from last year to this?

As for the commentators and the timings, I'd say they have a lot more stuff to contend with at once than we do watching at home, although if the self-styled 'Crofty' could cut out the babble and clichés and just watch the timing screens, I'd prefer that.

10. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Sky are bad at this, David Croft is always making this mistake but actually Martin Brundle has been looking at the live timing recently and talked about the live gaps on commentary.

Croft just makes jokes and tells everyone his boring theories about something and doesn't seem to really pay attention to the timings. One of the reasons why I can't stand the man on TV.

11. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I dont think anyone could say he doesnt deserve it - as discussed on here in the past it takes alot of variables to win the WDC, and to date he has consistently outperformed his teammate. Hopefully people will appreciate Jensons WDC (and Vettels for that matter) a little more considering he was tarnished as having only won the championship because of the dominance of his car, something I am sure all Hamilton fans will acknowledge - now. I know its been mentioned on here already, but it is also very impressive that he has become the most successful british driver given that he has only had one walk over team mate in his career. I'm sure he will win many more races and probably a championship or two aswell, if the other teams/drivers dont sort their s**t out.

12. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

13. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

McLaren doing something right. 2s pit stop.

14. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

Beautiful to watch so many people so perfectly timed working together as a team.

15. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

even though Button went over his line.... ;)

16. happyal

happyal Active Member

Lewis didn't finish ahead of his team mate in 2007, they had equal points.

I do think that Lewis has had his best year this year, he has driven very well and taken his chance well. I would very much like to see how Lewis reacts if another team can challenge Mercedes next season. It would be great to see a real fight for the championship instead of between team mates.

17. 2xwdcslayer

2xwdcslayer Active Member

They may have had same points but Lewis was placed 2nd and Alonso third meaning Lewis finished above Alonso . Lewis finished above Alonso on count back. Anyway a rookie should not have any business taking on a reigning double world champion and being placed above him in the standings. When was that last done if ever.

This is the first time in Lewis's career that he has had access to a dominant car but unlike Mansell , Shumacher and Vettel Lewis's team-mate is of higher pedigree and more of a foe than the likes of Patrese , Barrichello or Webber. TBH I would say Nico is Lewis's equal regards pace and talent but yet Lewis has had ten wins and if not for DNF'S and cars catching fire it could be more. Lewis has been epic in 2014.

18. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

I think we all know there was more too it behind the scenes that gave Lewis the advantage at McLaren. But still he has been a talented driver all his career if lucky/unlucky

19. 2xwdcslayer

2xwdcslayer Active Member

A team Principal asking Alonso to race a rookie on equal terms is not Mclaren favoring Lewis. If Alonso was brought to Mxclaren as the clear No1 and Ron then changed is mind that is his Prerogative as team owner but can understand why Alonso would be P-ssed . But there are ways of going about things and blackmailing a team Principal/owner is not one of them and asking that team principal to sabotage the rookies car even worse. If like you say Lewis eventually got an advantage over Alonso then it was down to Lewis's driving skills and Alonso being disruptive because he did not want to race a rookie on equal terms.

20. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

.....Have we time travelled?