1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread Official Not606 Russian GP Chat and Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Apr 22, 2016.

?

Will anybody stop Britney?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2016.
  1. Rosberg

9.1%
  2. Hamilton

59.1%
  3. Ricciardo

4.5%
  4. Vettel

27.3%
  5. Raikkonen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Massa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kvyat (Torpedo)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Grosjean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Verstappen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OTHER: PLEASE STATE IN BOLD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Wolff.. "Nico had issues too.. honest, at the end his engine was sending funny signals..."
    Hmm, would like to believe you but I call bullshite..
    If he had an issue how the hell did he post the Lap Record on the penultimate lap?
    I don't believe Merc are sabotaging Hamilton, would be foolish to do so.. but don't insult our intelligence at the end of the race to claim Rosberg had an issue as well.. Just to "even" things up!

Once Vettel got punted out, we needed Hamilton to clear the other cars quicker, the 10+ laps he was behind Bottas cost us fans a decent race..
    No idea where Kimi's pace went, thought he'd be closer to the Mercs..

In all, pretty boring race from the mid point onwards!

2. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mercedes claim they "almost had to retire" every race. You should just find and replace with "please keep watching".

Their margin to Ferrari is distressing.

3. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Apparently it was knocking... Knock knock.... Who's there?

4. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Lewis, Lewis Who ! !

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Smithers likes this.
  5. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

So the Russian GP- a pretty **** addition to the calendar? Not an exciting track at all.

6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

This all happened the previous years. Rosberg get close to Hamilton and... oh no... engine failure... back off. And at the end of the race it's oh Hamilton had a similar issues.

Guys it's got to be team orders!!

EternalMSC likes this.
  8. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Didn't bother watching the race, just read the comments on here, the BBC "analysis" which gave a biased account of Hamilton's entirely expected result and glossed over almost everything else.

Watched Vettel-Kvyat on YouTube. Vettel's radio was hilarious. Kvyat's driving was some of the worst I've ever seen, Grosjean and Maldonado have had some shockers in recent years, but to do it twice in two corners.

9. TopClass

If it's team orders then we really are in dire straits. Formula 1 is a race, and should be about the amazing battles.

I've never been so down about it as today. I think i have just had enough of it now. Probably the worse few years of F1 I can remember.

10. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

Pretty terrible race summed up by the fact that the vast majority of passing was done by Hamilton and Alonso heading through the "cheat lane" on the outside of T2.

Best/worst moment was the awkward conversations with Putin in the weigh in room.

Can't believe Istanbul Park lies unused and we have to watch races at this bore-drome instead. At least reorganising the calendar in this order might make the Spanish GP look a little more appealing.

Smithers likes this.

11. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Not sure it's team orders exactly, almost certain neither Rosberg and Hamilton would be able to comply with that sort arrangement, but it would appear there could be some sort of covert timely software failure, this can be easily achieved and virtually impossible to trace.

But, But, I truly hope Mercedes have not bowed to any political or economical pressure from the likes of that proven crooked bastard Ecclestone et al.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  12. TopClass

Agree entirely.

How the hell Istanbul and Magny Cours remain off the calendar is an absolute joke. Monza is under threat for goodness sake- absolute joke.

I'm firmly of the opinion that only a breakaway and a clean start can save this utter mess. It doesn't even look good any more, never mind sound good.

People trundling around on piss-flimsy tyres, nowhere near their limits is not what top class F1 is all about. Never, ever, has it been so ****. I've watched in hope but I can take any more of the false racing at false venues. Enough is enough.

13. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

soon there will be no home tracks for the teams.

If you ignored the leader I thought it was a good race with battles all the way down the order, as to Hamiltons issue, he was following in dirty hot air lap after lap with his foot to the floor, I'm not surprised something may have gone into the 'sh'e gonna blow Jim', I've always thouht the Merc could be a bit unreliable the more it was pushed.

ErnieBecclestone likes this.
  14. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

If we're going to go down the conspiracy route... I don't see any reason why Merc would want Rosberg to win over Hamilton. I can however see why the people controlling the "sport" would want a different winner...

El_Bando and ErnieBecclestone like this.
  15. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Rosberg joint third for consecutive wins from the start of the season. Six drivers have won the first three races of the season and they've all gone on to win the championship. 43 point lead. This is one of the most dominant starts to any Formula 1 season and a lot of people, myself included, think he's been pretty mediocre.

16. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

If you've been watching the 14/15 seasons you know that 'issue' is Mercedes code for 'back off'.

And if you haven't assimilated that this is the pretty obvious and pathetic situation of F1 today, then you are a deluded scumbag.

How more obvious does it need to be?

F1 died in 2014. Infact it suffered the fatal blow in 2009 with the stupid regulation overhaul.

17. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

Just rewatching the 'race' 'highlights' on C4. While the first time Kvyat hit Vettel it was 100% Kvyat fault. He locked up as he tried to brake too late.
    The second hit actually looks like it was Vettel's fault. In that he goes off line a little and backs off on what should be a full throttle corner. So Vettel caught Kvyat off guard.
    I wonder if that is why Vettel was a little less vocal this time?

18. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's all a massive Mercedes conspiracy, either to let Rosberg win or to make Hamilton fight back and win. I'll chose which conspiracy it is depending on who wins.

Big Ern likes this.
  19. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I used to take the piss out of people that thought it could be a dirty Mercedes race plan. But after today my mind is made up about that team.

Good on Rosberg he is finally reaping the reward of serving Mercedes well since 2010, just a shame he doesn't get to win it fighting anyone.

Lewis has had his share of mechanicals yes, but that doesn't take away from his half-arsed mentality after winning his third title.

Only drivers to impress me so far are Ricciardo and Grosjean. Both fully deserve a top drive soon.

20. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

Tin foil hats at the ready!

Hamilton was never going to catch Rosberg, who was just measuring his pace, today - see his penultimate lap. I suspect they could hear him sobbing on the radio as he realised what should be another open goal championship is drifting further away and the water leak was code for that!

Thing is that for all the incident Hamilton has experienced this year, he's finished every race and in reality has been lucky that he's suffered a number of race ending issues on Saturday rather than Sunday - unlike, for example, Vettel who has failed to finish 50% of the races through circumstances out of his control. One DNF for Rosberg and the gap all of a sudden will look much less significant.