1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[Official] Not 606 Liverpool FC Supporters (Fantasy) League

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Salah's-left-foot, Jul 21, 2011.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

How do you see other peoples teams?

I've gone for Adam, Suarez and Carroll from Liverpool in the super leagues. Waiting on codes for the Liverpool league.

2. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

you have to wait until the end of gameweek 1 to see other peoples teams. it's to stop copying as you don't incur a penalty for changing your team until them

EDIT. It've gone for Reina, Suarez and Lucas from Liverpool (5 mill for Lucas is an absolute steal)

3. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Reina, Surez, and Kelly for me. I nearly went for Lucas but decided i wanted a midfield that scores and get assists for the purpose of fantasy football <ok>

4. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Why are people getting Lucas? He's not going to get any points since he never scores or gets assists, if they got points for tackling then I'd probably buy him! Also, will Kelly be a starter?

Only 1 Liverpool player in my starting line-up.....

Remember that defences win Fantasy Football!

5. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

He's only £5m will start virtually every game and his low price has allowed my to buy other players that do score lots of goal. Every monkey needs an organ grinder

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

My defence is weak but I have Wilshire Ramsey VDV Adam Suarez and Carroll.

7. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I went for Walcott from Arsenal (He has pleaded to become a more prominent player under Wenger and with Nasri & Fabregas going, I can see it happening) and I went for Bale as I can't see Spurs keeping hold of Modric meaning Bale will become Tottenhams main source for goals

8. moreinjuredthanowen

no way do i ever put in defensive players.

i've gone for rooney at 12mil as thats a place holder and we'll see if he starts hot or not.

everyone seems to have suarez

then no way lucas, i've gone for the players like hoolihan and sinclair from the championship... gambled on n'zogbia getting his move and went for bale and nani as likely top performers

at the back i've put baines down as the expensive back and have all left backs! (assists)

given in goal as i run out of money.

I simply will not waste money even if a defensive player is cheap... best of luck with lucas, 2 points per game, still on hols now and one bonus for a clean sheet... 3 points tops per game and any yellows oh oh.... same goes for barton whos the same money.

better value out there cos this isn't real life its fantasy.

but... i think this game has seriously lost it. they've upgraded the whole thing but not adjusted budget or values of players so its next to impossible to get a half decent side. is it skill? not sure more about getting lucky at the start and moving on players who go up in value unitl youget a decent set up.

9. Skylarker

BTW Barton scored more points than Lampard, Fabregas, Modric, Bale, and Miereles last season.

You need a goal keeper from a decent side that doesn't concede many goals, Given (Villa!!).

10. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

God help the person who faces me head-to-head first if they have a team of central defenders and defensive mids!

Really want these fixtures to come out so I can start the mind games!

please log in to view this image

11. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I haven't revamped my squad but I have a feeling I will soon, stop giving me ideas guys! Also, you do have to look at the schedule, I mean Chelsea x United might not bear as much fruit as Arsenal x blackburn, etc. But it is hard to shift that many players around at the same time.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

i have given in goal! was wanting pepe reina but found him too expensive. given was great for city season before last so if you look at villa's potential they could be good... much depends on thier defense.

Barton did well last year but i felt will he get the same next year? will newcastle struggle, will he get sold? will he get dropped in contract wranglings?

in the end fabregas and lampard and bale missed huge chunks of the season with injury, modric is not the type either for assists and goals. meireles was misused by hodgson but did well then... who knows if he's a risk now though.

i'm comfortale enough to keep barton on my watch list for now.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

oh and yes the fixtures are vital in this game, i try to pick players who play at home.

but i am right now trying to get my top 8 players sorted first then look at the fixtures and stuff at the last minute.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

oh and am really interested to hear who is the next really hot midfielder or forward coming out of the championship to put them in.

15. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

The only championship teams players that came up that I got where Orr from QPR ( cheap defender) and Williams from Swansea( only picked him as I had him in my FIFA Ultimate team for a while). Other than it is all players I believe will get loads of time, goals, assists, clean sheets, etc. Guiterrez I am looking hard at, only worth 6 but did not select him due to arrival of Marveaux and Cabaye not sure where they are going with that. Same with United Wingers, our team, Citeh.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Sinclair at Swansea is worth a punt got 22ish goals last season from the wing.

17. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Reason I stay away from this is due to my Footy manager absolute BOY Sylvain Ebanks Blank who killed it for me in my Wolves game. Turns out in real life, he killed it in the Championship and since then......well.......

18. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Plus a player like Guiterrez is only worth 6 and can do the job. Anyone gonna take a sneaky punt on Marveaux? Only worth 5!

19. Skylarker

Does Yaya Toure miss any games at the beginning of the new season due to his drug ban?

20. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Your thinking of Kolo, and I think so. I had Yaya in my team but decided against it, he can pop up with goals and all of that, but who knows with City.